Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which esc to choose!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i think you should buy the ESC that I have, that way I can feel justified in my purchase.

I really wish there were a way to find out who is actually winning NOW, that wasn't winning BEFORE.

Ken, do you think that if you had one of those ESC's you could have won?

If so, PM me I'll sell you my RS PRO, hotwire/with vegas software

disclaimer.....OK, just so everybody knows, (as I have recieved several pms) the tekin is NOT really for sale, I was only trying to make a point to my friend KEN.....

Last edited by skypilot; 12-20-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: disclaimer added
Old 12-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Originally Posted by skypilot
i think you should buy the ESC that I have, that way I can feel justified in my purchase.

I really wish there were a way to find out who is actually winning NOW, that wasn't winning BEFORE.

Ken, do you think that if you had one of those ESC's you could have won?

If so, PM me I'll sell you my RS PRO, hotwire/with vegas software
No Turtle I wouldn't have. However I believe I could have seen the top.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

GM120 is the Best At the moment but Tekin is not far behind
Also New software with improvements soon...
Stay away from Lrp if you don't want to risk your hard earned $$$
Old 12-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Tekin Rs Or wait till the end of the month for the Novak Kinetic
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ken Vannice
No Turtle I wouldn't have. However I believe I could have seen the top.
your at the "top" more then your not, already
Old 12-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Choose an ESC with lots of Good Customer Support in your area =D
Lots of the higher end ESC are similar to each other now.

SP ESC uses almost the same Flash software than Mambas.
Tekin seems to be using its own stuff.
LRP is Euro based.

atm i am dealing with SLOW a$$ Speed Passion Schumacher Support.
Takes them Friggen Days and Weeks to reply. And then even if they do i feel like i am talking to a Kid on the other side of the email.

Tekin is impressive with their customer support. Fast Direct to the point.
No run around answers nor will will they let you hang for weeks.

Mamba been on top their games also. Though they a bit bigger so they a bit slower in responding.
But they do with in 24hours unlike Speed passion. And also they are easy to deal with.

my 2c
Old 12-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The best recommendation is not to try first release of ESC by any vendors. Give sometime wait get feedback from ppl on the track. Then you decide.. Otherwise you end up with faulty production batches...
Old 12-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Tekin all the way....
Old 12-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yokemad
GM120 is the Best At the moment but Tekin is not far behind
Also New software with improvements soon...
Stay away from Lrp if you don't want to risk your hard earned $$$
What Planet are you on? Everyone has an opinion but what are the reasons why this one is the best......

Steve
Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Bryan Kendall
Tekin Rs Or wait till the end of the month for the Novak Kinetic
Still go with tekin I've had great luck and awesome customer service
Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sdunnmcp
What Planet are you on? Everyone has an opinion but what are the reasons why this one is the best......

Steve
Saturn LOL
Here in UK we found GM120 is the best Speedo At the moment...(Best Top and bottom end)
I have Rs Pro I do Prefer Rs pro cos We can update the speedo @home ,Great support,tiny size,Light weight and overall not Far behind of GM
P.s What Planet Are you on ? LOL
Old 12-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yokemad
Saturn LOL
Here in UK we found GM120 is the best Speedo At the moment...(Best Top and bottom end)
I have Rs Pro I do Prefer Rs pro cos We can update the speedo @home ,Great support,tiny size,Light weight and overall not Far behind of GM
P.s What Planet Are you on ? LOL
You Must now what you do whit the GM. I have seen a lot of people with it and a lot of them switched to Tekin because of that.
The GM a bit faster than Tekin? I was not impressed when I raced against the GM with 10,5 Lipo.
Top speed the same and infield the Tekin was faster.
With 5 cell the GM was a bit faster but when I changed my setup, that difference was also gone.

Steve. Here in Europe it's LRP, GM and Tekin is back but there for it was LRP and GM only.
The 2 problems with GM is, is that you must send it to GM to update it and that it's hard to get the speed out of the speedo.
I raced against several of them and some of them didn't get any speed out of it. Others had a lot of top speed but no infield speed and so on and on.
Only a few new how it works and that are team drivers. They don't help you with the setup out here.
A club member was driving GM but because nobody of the team drivers helped him with it, he sold it and bought a Tekin RS Pro. He is happy with it because the updates are free and he is now faster than he was with his GM.
I don't now how the team drivers are in the UK but here in the Netherlands and a specially at my club, the team drivers are only thinking of them selves to go as fast as they can and don't help any one.

GM is a good speedo, but as you don't now what you do and you have no help with it, don't buy it.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RC TTwins
I know there are a lot of people out there that will put there names on the line for what they run so my ? is. I plan on racing more competitively and i am looking to upgrade my speed control. So i was looking at the lrps, tekins, losi, speedpassion. My ? is whats good for a reliable speed control that is also going to be competitive. And im not interested in the black diamond im still going to school and i cant droop that much on an esc. Thanks for the help.
You could do a lot worse than getting a Tekin RS if you're planning on racing 13.5, it has plenty of adjustablility and updates via hotwire. If you don't like the newest version of software, simply go back to the one you prefered

The cheaper ESC's can be limited on features, making it difficult to remain competitive.

I know that being in full time education can really hurt though on getting some good equipment to race with, so ask around your local club for what's popular if cost really is an issue.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dane
KO PROPO BMC is da' bomb!!
I second that....

I think that any of the new Speedos will make you faster. I upgraded to the new KO Propo and raced some guys from last season that chose to keep their old speedos and they couldnt compete. are driving skills were the same and they just couldnt keep up. Straight away speed, cornering speed, etc.

The new speedos make 21.5 seem like 17.5 and 17.5 seem like 13.5.

I prefer KO Propo because it lets you manipulate its profiles... rather than just give you 7 or 8 profiles and no further options. KO Propo allows you to manipulate every aspect of the throttle curve. Including drag brake, brake strength and timing.

There are other ESC's that do this im sure, but I like the KO best... I would put the KO up against any other speedo out there right now.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

spx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.