Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L

I will be posting a set up soon. Thanks

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by MD
Hi Paul,
The suggestions you gave me have helped. As I mentioned I am running my 008 in VTA. What should the tension be on the belts? Currently, they are set on the factory recommended settings.
Thanks,
Mike
Hadley RC Club
Hi Mike, glad it is helping. for belts i really don't remember for that car, im sure that the factory settings get you within one adjustment loose or tight. as the belt wears it does become a touch looser, the front belt especially because it is longer and can stretch more. without looking at your car i cant honestly say. all in all i like to run my front belt tighter than my rear belt, this always helps me with on power handling, front wheels pulling more instantly (tighter front belt) can keep the car from getting loose off the corner.

Obviously tight with in reason, not to rob inefficiency from the drive train by being too tight.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
Thanks!
sorry it took me so long.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Thanks, Paul.
Mike
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Rear loose after 3min

Hi Paul im running 2012t3, new carpet track about 90x60, the first 3 min car was really good and driveable but 2 min left rear become loose corner entry and on power exit.
Thanks
Jo
Old 09-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Paul I just got my new T4 kit. Are you running the kit setup or have you found something better? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Hi Paul I just got my new T4 kit. Are you running the kit setup or have you found something better? Thanks.
Trouble maker.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by liteweight
Hi Paul im running 2012t3, new carpet track about 90x60, the first 3 min car was really good and driveable but 2 min left rear become loose corner entry and on power exit.
Thanks
Jo
Hi Jo. are you saucing less front tire than rear, or are you saucing the rears longer than the fronts? If so that could be the problem (your car could be set up aggressively but then you are making it drive good at the beginning of the run by saucing less front tire).

Also if the track is very low grip you could be getting build up on the tires during the run, in this case higher grip will cure it.
If the problem is neither of those i would try some simple things to make the car push more, such as moving weight forward on the chassis and reducing the front camber. this wont effect the balance from start to finish much but it could help.

Thanks

lol, Sorry, i dont know what the kit set up is.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Jo. are you saucing less front tire than rear, or are you saucing the rears longer than the fronts? If so that could be the problem (your car could be set up aggressively but then you are making it drive good at the beginning of the run by saucing less front tire).

Also if the track is very low grip you could be getting build up on the tires during the run, in this case higher grip will cure it.
If the problem is neither of those i would try some simple things to make the car push more, such as moving weight forward on the chassis and reducing the front camber. this wont effect the balance from start to finish much but it could help.

Thanks

lol, Sorry, i dont know what the kit set up is.
all the above is right Paul im saucing half front full rear and also getting a lot of build up from the carpet, when u said higher grip what changes i have to do on my car.
thanks
Old 09-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Gravity RC

all the above is right Paul im saucing half front full rear and also getting a lot of build up from the carpet, when u said higher grip what changes i have to do on my car.
thanks
Makes a lot of sense then. when the grip comes up the car will normally have a bit more push, so its possible that when the grip comes up you can resume saucing full front and be ok, i would definitely try and remedy the situation on low grip though.

As for the "Build up" you need to clean the tire 100% and run the tires more, the build up will go away with more cleaning then running on the tire, or more grip on the track. Use sauce to clean the tire, Take the tire off the car, put sauce on a rag and start scrubbing the tire on the rag with your hand, you will know that the tire is clean when the black is no longer going on to clean part of the rag. once the tire is completely clean then you want to visually inspect the tire and scrape away any build up that may still be stuck to the tire with a xacto blade. cleaning the tire alone could help some but not likely cure your problem. the below paragraph along with the cleaning should knock out your problem.

After cleaning the tire you will want to do some set up change or changes to make the car easier to drive, then you want to sauce full front tire. since the car has pushier set up on it it will have more rear grip at the end of the run, since you are saucing full front now you should have a similar amount of steering at the beginning as you did before with the steering set up and less front sauce. suggestions to change, don't necessarily change all, but any combination of them or all will help along with the full front sauce (all easier to drive), more rear camber, less front camber, longer rear wheelbase, shorter front wheelbase, less caster, more weight moved forward.

hope that helps!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

You been in my box at the track???

EA
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Is that the Associated truck? If so, you bought the wrong one. You should have purchased the T4.1 instead.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm looking for advice on rotor selection for a 13.5 TP that will be used in a 1/12. Our track is on the small side, but the layouts are usually pretty fast and flowing.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Csaari77
I'm looking for advice on rotor selection for a 13.5 TP that will be used in a 1/12. Our track is on the small side, but the layouts are usually pretty fast and flowing.
Hi, I have not tested the 13.5 in a 12th scale. But if i were i would start with the (Med) Blue rotor and see how it runs.
If anyone has better experience with this, feel free to jump in.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Makes a lot of sense then. when the grip comes up the car will normally have a bit more push, so its possible that when the grip comes up you can resume saucing full front and be ok, i would definitely try and remedy the situation on low grip though.

As for the "Build up" you need to clean the tire 100% and run the tires more, the build up will go away with more cleaning then running on the tire, or more grip on the track. Use sauce to clean the tire, Take the tire off the car, put sauce on a rag and start scrubbing the tire on the rag with your hand, you will know that the tire is clean when the black is no longer going on to clean part of the rag. once the tire is completely clean then you want to visually inspect the tire and scrape away any build up that may still be stuck to the tire with a xacto blade. cleaning the tire alone could help some but not likely cure your problem. the below paragraph along with the cleaning should knock out your problem.

After cleaning the tire you will want to do some set up change or changes to make the car easier to drive, then you want to sauce full front tire. since the car has pushier set up on it it will have more rear grip at the end of the run, since you are saucing full front now you should have a similar amount of steering at the beginning as you did before with the steering set up and less front sauce. suggestions to change, don't necessarily change all, but any combination of them or all will help along with the full front sauce (all easier to drive), more rear camber, less front camber, longer rear wheelbase, shorter front wheelbase, less caster, more weight moved forward.

hope that helps!
Hi Paul thanks for all the help , the car much more better now than last club race, the only thing is on the 3rd qualifier when the traction is up the car wants to traction roll.
Thanks
Jo
Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Gravity RC

Hi Paul thanks for all the help , the car much more better now than last club race, the only thing is on the 3rd qualifier when the traction is up the car wants to traction roll.
Thanks
Jo
Great, Maybe try a softer front sway bar when the bite is that high. it should help a touch with traction roll and be easier to drive.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.