Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Solara
Paul....I heard you are heading to STRICTLY RC this weekend just to entertain us slow guys in Chicago area. Are you going to run the super slow class called open 17.5 with us slow guy..? If you are...I bet alot of us with ditch the MOD class and mount up the 17.5....but if you are running mod, then we need to ditch the slow 17.5 and strap in the 4.0T....

Looking forward to seeing you this SUNDAY. Howard
Hi Howard, i will be at Strictly tomorrow, i am going to come to help anyone who is having trouble with their cars, I am going to run some with Goops car BC he wants me to set it up for him. not totally sure if i will race or not.
See ya tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC
In reality Paul runs a 4.0 because it matches his IQ.
Gotta love the support from a sponsor, lol.

Originally Posted by prodriver
Hi Paul another couple of questions for you regarding suspension for this bumpy track..

the track is www.southendrccc.org its a converted off road track has alo of hills and EXTREMLY BUMPY you take the wrong line and you will find yourself in the wall.

regarding suspension would you run small pistons with thin oil and soft springs or large pistons with thick oil and soft springs or either configuration but with harder springs??

I am a local to this track and have tried lots of different things over the years but the car never actually feels 100% settled and info would really appreciate it

and what is the effect of outboard toe in hubs??

Thanks

Ricky
for suspension i would try soft springs, like maybe 2.6f and 2.4R with big bars like 1.5f and 1.4r, 3hole pistons with 400r and 500f. 5.5mm or 6mm ride height. i would think that the car would take the bumps pretty well with that suspension and be good to drive but the cornering speed could be down?.
i have never set up a car for really bumpy conditions.

You would most likely see better performance from more outboard toe over bumps. outboard toe in compairison to inboard toe will create less bind threw suspension travel. with outboard toe the rear of the car will roll more and have the tendincy to have less entry corner steering and more exit steering than the equivilent inboard amount. You must remember to take the wheelbase in to consideration, more inboard toe make the car shorter, so to test properly you should take that in to account while doing the change.

Good luck!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default EA

I know this is an ask Paul thread, but I have a quick question for EA. Hey EA we meet at the children's race in southaven. I was with rocky, bonadona and you let me have a 98 tooth spur gear. I plan on racing at beat the heat in the 17.5 blinky class and was wondering what fdr you would recommend for a duo3 and tekin esc. I hear the track will be pretty big and I have no clue what gear to use. Thanks Man
Old 06-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Any comments on your Reedy setup? It's very...unconventional I'd like to know more about what you were wanting the car to do and things you would change if you had it to do over again. Thanks!

-rocky b
Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
not totally sure if i will race or not.
Weak....
Old 06-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hi little buddy
Old 06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by flatspunout
Any comments on your Reedy setup? It's very...unconventional I'd like to know more about what you were wanting the car to do and things you would change if you had it to do over again. Thanks!

-rocky b
Hi. the set up was good, my result was 7th but the car was capible of better. It had good forward bite and made very nice carousels, it did lack a touch of low speed tight steering which i was never able to get at the race. i will be starting with that set up at the ETS final next month, hopefully with a nother race under my belt i can round up the last necissary adjustments, but right now i dont know for sure what they are. possibly a thinner rear Gear diff setting to help the car rotate a touch more?

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Weak....
sorry, Fun was had. Thanks

Originally Posted by Matt M.
hi little buddy
HI Matt!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hi. the set up was good, my result was 7th but the car was capible of better. It had good forward bite and made very nice carousels, it did lack a touch of low speed tight steering which i was never able to get at the race. i will be starting with that set up at the ETS final next month, hopefully with a nother race under my belt i can round up the last necissary adjustments, but right now i dont know for sure what they are. possibly a thinner rear Gear diff setting to help the car rotate a touch more?
Did u really run 2.6F spring and 3.2R spring or was that a mistake? That's what the setup sheet shows.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

The set up sheet shows 4 hole pistons. Is that what you were using, or was it just left blank accidentally?
See ya in Jackson. :P

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 06-13-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I didn't notice it on the set up sheet. Which pistons were you using?
By any chance are you guys coming this weekend for the regional/nats warm up race?
Old 06-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I wish! I won't even get to NJ for Nationals until Thursday night.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

LG1 & LG2 = the hot lash!!!

thanks Paul!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk

thanks Paul!!!
"Bow down" to LG1 & LG2!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Paul,
YGPM
Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Did u really run 2.6F spring and 3.2R spring or was that a mistake? That's what the setup sheet shows.
\

Hi. Sorry, that was a mistake. it is fixed now. 3.2F and 2.6R.

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
The set up sheet shows 4 hole pistons. Is that what you were using, or was it just left blank accidentally?
yes, I did use 4hole pistons.

Originally Posted by robk
thanks Paul!!!
Originally Posted by Xpress
"Bow down" to LG1 & LG2!

LOL, even i wouldnt go that far. glad it worked good for you guys too.

I think that we are finding that LG1 makes the best cleaner BC its aggressive and lets lg2 work best as the sauce, LG1 wipe'd in and LG2 applied thin to air dry. Kinda like how on carpet it seems to be best to clean with sauce as opposed to motor spray or some true degreaser.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

how do we know wat FDR to use for diff turn motor ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.