Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats on the re-signing with RCAmerica/XRAY!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Hey Paul,

I have never tried using lighter fluid to clean the tires and i was wondering how would you go about applying it to the tires to clean and how long to let it set? Advice will be appreciated.
We tend to brush off anything large that can be easily removed, the either squirt the fluid straight onto the tyres or into a cloth. Then rub it in briefly.

Once you have put fluid onto all four tyres, go around removing any excess with a soft cloth.

Your Done.

Skiddins
Old 01-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
There are limits due to materials and amount of material. I have seen some of the newer rotors in the 1400 range but they are few and far between. And even at that seem to be almost to strong for spec classes here.

EA
I prefer the higher gauss rating rotors as I can use a speed control and gear to get the speed instead of using fancy rpm settings and turbo etc.
I find that high gauss rotors combined with my BD make the most driveable setup I've ever had.

Skiddins
Old 01-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I prefer the higher gauss rating rotors as I can use a speed control and gear to get the speed instead of using fancy rpm settings and turbo etc.
I find that high gauss rotors combined with my BD make the most driveable setup I've ever had.

Skiddins
I could def see that as working well but here in the US it pretty much has all went to spec speedo timing (zero) and in this class that high of gauss kills the motor and how it runs. But for open timing I may try exactly what your talking about and see how it works. That should be very good there! Thanks!

EA
Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by infokiz
Paul when you say "motor cleaner is one of the worst things you can use on tires for carpet" would this include non-chlorinated brake cleaner?
Hi, I dont really know. i would assume that any brake cleaner is made to remove oil from a serface, which would not make a good tire cleaner for carpet. but anything could work.

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Hey Paul,

I have never tried using lighter fluid to clean the tires and i was wondering how would you go about applying it to the tires to clean and how long to let it set? Advice will be appreciated.
When i clean my tires i will put the cleaner on a rag and clean the tires with the rag, when the tire is clean their will be slight residue left on the tire which i will simply let evaporate. then i go about saucing as i normally would.

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Thanks!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks for the input
Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Now a know I see you drive Xray at worlds in Holland.

Good luck in between

Ed
Old 01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Paul, when is the off-road announcement coming?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by eded1

Now a know I see you drive Xray at worlds in Holland.

Good luck in between

Ed
Yup, Thanks ED. see ya!

Originally Posted by Kraig
Paul, when is the off-road announcement coming?
LOL, yup to going off road only. Goal, to dominate every C main in existance. lol. not
Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Tire warmers

Paul, do you use tire warmers?

If so, what's the advantage and temperature you set them?

What do see as the most common mistake made from an average racer trying to step up to the next level?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

You can use lighter fluid or naphtha, you can find naphtha and just about any hardware store for alot cheaper
Old 01-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just to ask,

Just got my Thunder Power 5300 65c Lipo,

1)Is there any different on charging at 5 amp and 10 amp running on 10.5t?

2)I'm using Tekin RS Pro ESC and Redline 10.5 Motor,gearing will be around 8.00.

Cheers

James
Old 01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Paul, do you use tire warmers?

If so, what's the advantage and temperature you set them?

What do see as the most common mistake made from an average racer trying to step up to the next level?
Hi, i do use tire warmers but only sometimes, i think the objective of tire warmers is to heat the tire to the point where it opens up the pores in the rubber without being so hot that it bakes the oil out of the rubber. normally 40c is good for me. when i use them I will apply sauce to the tire then put them in the warmers for 15min or so. take them out , wipe slightly and let air dry.
normally i dont use them though, I find that when i get it right with the warmers the tires do have the most grip, but i tend to get it wrong sometimes and then it can be very bad. for me the safe way is simply to rub in a small amount of sauce with my fingers and let it air dry, normally using one of the thick oils for sauce.

The most common mistakes that i see amung drivers wanting to step it up is 2 things. A: getting frustrated or discoureaged, everyone has to take a TON of proper beat downs before reaching the next level.
B: worrieng about what others are doing and thinking that you need everything that the fast guys have to win.
For me it is mostly mental, i have been at races where i have had the best car and lost, and i have been at races before where i have not had the best car and won.

Originally Posted by James khoo
Just to ask,

Just got my Thunder Power 5300 65c Lipo,

1)Is there any different on charging at 5 amp and 10 amp running on 10.5t?

2)I'm using Tekin RS Pro ESC and Redline 10.5 Motor,gearing will be around 8.00.

Cheers

James
Hi, i never charge my batterys higher than 6 amps. you can definately charge at 10amps (even though its not recomended). I do think that you might see slightly better performance when charging higher but i sure wouldnt worry about it.
I would be really suprised if anyone has ever lost a race because the winner charged at a higher rate.

thanks!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L

Hi, i never charge my batterys higher than 6 amps. you can definately charge at 10amps (even though its not recomended). I do think that you might see slightly better performance when charging higher but i sure wouldnt worry about it.
I would be really suprised if anyone has ever lost a race because the winner charged at a higher rate.

thanks!
Thanks Paul,will follow you guideline of charging.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
You want Paul's measurements? What?
Thanks Korey, but I already know those measurements. I need the others...LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.