Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Case For Spec ESC Profiles

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm sorry guys but no one can stop the continued growth of technology. This apllies to all motor sport racing. Fast guys is always going to be fast no matter what because they always have the best equipment and that is all to it.

Everyone will always push their equipment to their limit to get the best out of it. In real car you always aiming to get that extra horsepower just to get ahead the competition. It sucks if you don't have the $$$$ to be competitive.

It's really hard to have a spec class if every single driver is using different equipment. The only thing to this is to have everyone race the same chassis,motor/ESC,body, same gearing. and it will all come down to setup and driving I think this the true SPEC racing.

You can't say SPEC unless everyone have the same equipment.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

My best advice if you feel you should be at the front of the pack and you are not is study your laptimes and see where/what needs improving.

Sometimes it is driver error, sometimes it is setup, sometimes you just need "the next best thing"...
Old 12-31-2009, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

If anything i would think that introducing a new developement or product should be towards year end so the guys update there gear before a new year/season.
This changing every few months does bring us back to spending and making it expensive...
Then again guys should be wise to thier purchases and look at features like software updates rather than hardware.
Definately Tekin and SP are on the right path.
LRP/Nosram are just making guys buy new esc's every few months.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=655
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...l_ESC_List.pdf
Old 05-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by ~McSmooth~; 10-25-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

just let it go,a 17.5 will only spin so fast till it self destructs, so the esc software will only go so far till it kills the motor then it will all be the same lol
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Lord

It's too late to let it go, things are already in motion to end the ESC game, at least from ROAR's perspective. And if you read into Scotty's last post in the IIC thread, it seems like he's leaning toward the same thing.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Do I dare say that this signifies a truce in the speedo wars?

For Expert TC there still will be a market for the software of the month but for plan ol' "stock" racing this may be the end of all the back and forth.

Also this may even drive down cost of brushless speedos for stock racing. Technically with the new rule a Tekin RS won't give you and advatage over a Novak Havoc...hmmm.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

These rules are only for the sportsman and vintage type beginner classes.. Right?

If so, this now makes motor and battery choices a lot more important for these classes. Cue the more expensive super power LiPOs and ultra timed spec motors!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow, weird to read this thread from the beginning and realise how much of it is now moot in only 4+ months. VTA has gone spec, RCGT seems to be heading in that direction also. More surprising...guys who expressed negative views of the situation are now realising how positive an effect it's having on the hobby.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

I was using Novak GTB untill few of the guys start running Boosting/Advance timing ESC and pretty much I was left behind on the pack untill I switch to MMP then I was back up front again.. But now I'm really fed up with playing with ESC to get every ounce of HP out of the motor.. So I went back racing MOD and boy it made my life a lot easier and it was fun just racing and going fast...

So I'm looking forward for our club to start a True Spec Racing using the SP Citrix
Old 05-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
It's really hard to have a spec class if every single driver is using different equipment. The only thing to this is to have everyone race the same chassis,motor/ESC,body, same gearing. and it will all come down to setup and driving I think this the true SPEC racing.

You can't say SPEC unless everyone have the same equipment.

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
So I'm looking forward for our club to start a True Spec Racing using the SP Citrix
But as you said before, it still wont be True Spec just because people will be using a one design speedo and motor in various chassis designs, different tranny designs, different gear ratios, tires, bodies, batteries.

But the one thing the SP Stock Combo and the ZERO Timing Enhanced Profiles other manufacturers have set out to update, is reduce the speeds. Making the cars more fun to drive and a place for new talent (and racers who prefer the milder speeds) to join and rejoin the sport.

Last edited by JDCrow; 05-06-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Have you really look at the car design especially the 2 belt car.. Xray, yokomo, tamiya, kyosho, 3 racing, Schumacher, Corally, top racing etc.. They all have the same flatfom different color I guess we can call that SPEC chassis lol... And just install The SP citrix and let's go racing...
Old 05-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Regional Moderator

I wonder if the USVTA rules will change to allow all ESCs that have the new Spec firmware/profile?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No