Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Mike Blackstock

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

One more question,
Do you have a touring car setup for club races on carpet and a 12th scale setup for club races. Much apprecieated.
Chris
Old 09-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Do you know who makes those stackable baterrie equalizer treys?
Old 09-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Wood's X-12

Hi Mike, can you tell me anything about the Wood Racing X-12. I have one that is new in the box. The label says that you liked the car so much that you bought part of the company. I'm sure that the technology has improved beyond this car, but it's still pretty tricked out. Thanks for any info you can give.

Dale
Old 09-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

i misspelled "appriciated".
Old 09-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Mike, Congrats on the weekend. Fastest lap in the main. Could you have run out of fuel any closer to the finish line ? LOL! In the future do you add a slight bit of weight so there is less stress ? Anyways congrats.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

HEY CONGRADULATION ON THE JOB WELL DONE AT THE ROAR FUEL NATS. ARE YOU GOING TO BE AT THE CLASSIS THIS YEAR MIKE?
Old 09-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys.. Sorry for the delay... If i miss any of your Questions here today just re type them and i will get to them asap...

mtc3od .. I Run on profile 5 or 6 all the time.. 5 if the track is alittle slippery and 6 if i need more bottom end feel... I do not see any difference in top end with any profile.....

Wency_TA03R-PRO.. I tried but a few mistakes and stuff cost me .. But to run for a hour long and be that close to other cars is amazing considering we where running faster laps in the main then we had qualed....

mtc3od ON THE TC4..... Well i have tested the car and i am very upbeat about it's potential... I look forward to more testing this coming weekend on carpet if possible.. But i do not think anyone will be dissapointed.....

farls3589.. Sorry i do not .. But i highly reccomend the novak tray over the rest of them.. so far my batt's have been very consistent since using it....

dale ... That was a few years back WOW... That was one of the best oval cars of it's time.. But since i have not driven oval in sometime now i am not sure how it would perform against todays cars... I am not sure what you are looking for?

Chris Reilly.. LOL I know but i was coming fast just needed a hour and 5 min race.. I know he was out of tires and i was trying as hard as i could....

E-volo Thanks man... No i do not think i will be there this year... Too many thing going on right now to run stuff other then the norm.... Good luck...

STLNLST.. Thanks i am sure i will see you soon....

Taz_S.. Thanks alot...

JoshR 85.. Thanks man....

rangulo.. I Feel like you get more on power steering yes... But some people think opposite... We always run are batt's forward for this reason....

Wency_TA03R-PRO... All the benefits you are talking about are already done to the TC4 .. So i reccomend getting it... I did all that stuff for a more balanced race car... That was the main reason....

rudster.. I feel like it gives more off power but less middle out steering.. it also feels a bit less sensitive... We hardly run kick up and more .. Matter of fact everything we run is 0 or negative.

novak.. I hope you are talking about the pivot balls on the t-bar for roll center???? If so when doing this is will make the car have less bite or slide the rear more or push the front.. This is usually done for mega traction to stop flipping .. But be careful you will lose alot of corner speed... I have not done this in about 5 yrs now...

Racer_Chick.. I was secretly down there ;-) I was there from monday - thurs testing the new car..... see ya in october and hang on again....
Old 09-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

What's up Mike? Hope you and the family are well.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Hey Ian,

Are you guys ready for the classic? Our first sunday race is next weekend. Are you guys going to make it? How's Puff Daddy?

Paul
Old 09-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Wassup Paulie??

Puff Daddy's pretty good, eagerly awaiting the arrival of his daughter, which will pre-empt his ability to race the Classic.

My lack of a full-time gig has rendered me unable to attend as well. Monetary constraints and the like........ I may try and come up to lay a little of my magic out through the PA on Mains day, but at this point it's about all I can hope for.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Mike,

I have a TC3 too. Recently I've noticed I have a lot of play in my CVD's. Meaning I can slide them in and out of the hub maybe 1-2 mm. I can shim this out, but I was wondering how much play you have. I've added a 3rd ball bearing between the 2 normal hub bearings (where the blue FT spacer/bushing sits) and it seems like the CVD is more stable.

Does it really matter, or am I being anal for no purpose? Thanks
Old 09-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

donoman... As long as it is not effecting the toe in or is so huge that the camber has to be alterd alot then no , alittle slop is just fine... Matter of fact my best indoor car was a sloppy one ;-)

Mike
Old 09-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi mike...

what engine did you run at the nationals???

rex or o'donnel????

congrats!!!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

SalvadoriRacing ... Thanks.... I ran a Rex that O'Donnel worked up... The motor was very good maybe a tooth short on the top end but the motor was perfect for the hour long main...

Mike
Old 09-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's up Mike? Glad to hear you enjoyed the big race. Looking forward to running mod sedan with you at the Gate soon. I have a TC4 on order with Jimmy, adn hope you can help me get it dialed in. Would like to run it at the Champs in mod, but I'll still have a TC3 to fall back on if necessary You going to be at the Gate on the 19th?

Eric

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.