Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips on TC3 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tips on TC3 Kit

Hey do you guys have any hint or tips when im building my 4WD Associated TC3 kit? Dont know if im going to get one but i will try.

Here is a picture of the one im going to try to get its only a picture of the car with the body on so you cant dee under the body.
Attached Thumbnails Tips on TC3 Kit-tc3.jpg  
Old 03-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default spelling error

See under the body
Old 03-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

thats a racer kit If im not mistaking. Teh tc3 Car is imo The easiest car to build. But for a First timer The best thing is Read the manual over and over. If its Not Built Yet.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If its a kit with aluminum screws (Team or Factory Team Kits) its' advisable to get a 4-40 tap and tap all the screw holes to avoid breaking or stripping the screw heads. Makes it easier to change things later too.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by slots
If its a kit with aluminum screws (Team or Factory Team Kits) its' advisable to get a 4-40 tap and tap all the screw holes to avoid breaking or stripping the screw heads. Makes it easier to change things later too.
I agree with slots there. I hav a TC3 and i had to replace alot of things from stripped parts. Costy. Here's a tip. When u get the kit, clean the bearings with either WD-40 or,if u can, use motor spray. It will clean the bearings for better performance. And take out the silicon seals on the bearings so it will hav much more less drg, yet it will need more cleaning. it's actually worth it. If u don't do that, it's alright, but i say that's a sign of lazyness. If u hav anymore questions about any of this, go ahead and PM me. I don't mind, i lik to help ppl with there car choices.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default tc3

The tc3 goes together with very few problems. I would make sure the set screws holding the hinge-pins in are against the pin -I noticed with the graphite hubs the set screw bottomed out on the plastic and the pins were still loose. Make sure to just snug down all the screws-do not over tighten, especially the drive bearing cap screws and the diff screws. One more thing I would do is toss the stock bumper and get a RPM bumper-much stronger.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

SO it sounds like you guys are stripping all of your screws.
Should i spend some mony and get titanium or be really carefull?

Here is a cool picture that has nothing to do with the conversation.
Attached Thumbnails Tips on TC3 Kit-sycxo.jpg