Wiki Posts
Search

What tires do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 03:36 PM
Joe
Tech Regular

Default What tires do you use?

I'm currently using Yokomo Sprint slicks medium compound. They seem to give ok traction at my track. (Parking lot swept and sprayed w/sugar water.) What do you use for this type of track?
Old 09-02-2001, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

What's the track temperature?
Old 09-02-2001, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I am mostly use foams, but by the sound of it, you have to use rubbers. I have the treadz rubbers. They seem to do pretty good. I dont really know anything about changing inserts and everything and the Treadz come with inserts and mounted and glued to the rim. I dont have to mess around with anything just put the tire on the car and go.
Old 09-02-2001, 05:23 PM
Joe
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RacerTex
What's the track temperature?
Hmm...I don't really know, but I'd guess somewhere like 120-140F.
Old 09-02-2001, 05:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Parking lot, swept and sprayed with sugar water... sounds exactly like what we race out here. On the two tracks out here with that combo, we pretty much all use Sorex 36R tires, and they work absolutely fantasic. If you need a little more grip, you can try adding Paragon (or some other traction additive) to the tires beforehand. Let it soak in a few minutes before the race, but then wipe it off with a rag before you go out, otherwise the tires will be wet and very loose.
Old 09-02-2001, 06:57 PM
Regional Moderator

What are the difference between Paragon Ground Effects and Paragon FX2 ???
Old 09-02-2001, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

You can also try the Yokomo 138G with Yokomo Firm Inserts. They work awesome on parking lots.

I also like Proline s3 with Yokomo Medium Inserts. They were fast, but are da bomb!

I would have to agree with futureal, The Sorex is what everyone here in Cali is using now. Depending on the traction, people are using Yokomo inserts or HPI Green or Blue is the ticket.
Old 09-02-2001, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would agree with the rest (36R) for that track temp .... full sun right. We start out in the daylight (6pm) and run into the night (11pm) so we have to switch compounds. I've been running Yoke 138G / Yoke firms or Sorex 32R / Yoke firms for the day - Track temp about 110 and then switching to Schumacher CS-22 / Yoke firms for the night heats and the main.

When you get the right compound, you car will feel like it's on rails. The difference between A main and B main.
Old 09-02-2001, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by daniz24
What are the difference between Paragon Ground Effects and Paragon FX2 ???
Paragon came out with FXII back when there were a lot of people complaining about the strong smell of the original Ground Effects. Some indoor tracks were banning any traction sauces with strong odors. The FXII didn't have quite so strong a smell to it as the original. I used it a few times, but the original Ground Effects was always my favorite for foams on carpet.

Trips
Old 09-03-2001, 12:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Trips

Paragon came out with FXII back when there were a lot of people complaining about the strong smell of the original Ground Effects. Some indoor tracks were banning any traction sauces with strong odors. The FXII didn't have quite so strong a smell to it as the original. I used it a few times, but the original Ground Effects was always my favorite for foams on carpet.

Trips
Which type has more grip, and durability for 5 minutes race.
Old 09-03-2001, 03:18 AM
Regional Moderator

SOREX 36 all the way! these tires are amazing! I used to be a Pit Shimizu 20/25 fan back when i used to run indoor carpet but when i started running outdoor asphalt, i found Sorex was the key! you'll even be surprised that I use this compund for night racing and they still give out amazing grip! of cors it would be ideal to try out sorex 32 at night.
Old 09-03-2001, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by daniz24

Which type has more grip, and durability for 5 minutes race.

The original black can Ground Effects will have a little more grip than FXII, I can't comment about durability, both seemed to make 8 minutes on carpet with foams back in the day.

Ttrips
Old 09-03-2001, 05:54 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by fAfA
you'll even be surprised that I use this compund for night racing and they still give out amazing grip! of cors it would be ideal to try out sorex 32 at night.
For night racing, use Sorex 32R. 36R's are OK but the cornering speed is slower (a little bit understeer)
Old 09-03-2001, 06:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I use a little of everything. Losi Yellows, H13s, Takeoffs, Yokomo. What ever works. Never tried the Sorex tires, but I might someday.
Old 09-03-2001, 07:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Darkside
I use a little of everything. Losi Yellows, H13s, Takeoffs, Yokomo. What ever works. Never tried the Sorex tires, but I might someday.
You should....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.