Search

LRP Vector X12 StockSpec and SXX stockspec

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
Here's an update for the release date's:

SXX StockSpec (80910): we just completed our initial production run, which will now go through final testing phase. We don't expect delays anymore, official first race for the speedo will be DHI Cup in Denmark and official release shortly after. So this means we'll start shipping them to distributors in mid of January.
From what we have been told so far the SXX Stock Spec ESC will feature Dual-BEC eliminating the need for a RX battery pack or a booster.

A week ago the new SXX Power capacitators where announced .
(sorry cannot post link since I don't have enought posts yet )

Would one of these benefit the SXX TC Competition ESC to cope with the low
3.7v 1s Lipo's without a booster or RX battery pack ?

Are these capacitators a standard feature on the soon to be released SXX Stock Spec ESC ?

I'm just wondering what the difference between the one I currently have on my SXX TC Competion ESC and these big ones would be ?

EDIT : found a 14 page thread on here regarding capacitators which
was a very interesting read.

Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas,
Erik

Last edited by stical; 12-24-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: found thread discussing capacitators
Old 12-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

@Apex: it's always our aim to release products which are superior then our competitors...

@mac853: yes, in my opinion there is no point in using X12 Modified rotors (no matter which one!) in X12 StockSpec as characteristics are very different.

@Scott B: yes, SXX StockSpec has mild powerprofiles as well which are suited well for modified racing also.
But none of the profiles in SXX StockSpec is actually identical to previous speedos profiles as technology (hard- and software) inside is very different.

@stical: powercapacitors do not help BEC line, I do believe you mix-up powercapacitors with capacitors which are connected to BAT slot of the receiver to stabilise the voltage.
The Dual BEC inside SXX StockSpec is a very unique circuitry and doesn't need any external capacitors or other components. Therefore the SXX StockSpec comes with a standard power-capacitor which has a wider input range then the recently released optional caps.
These optional powercapacitors are meant for hardcore racers searching for every little advantage, but they don't have a wide input voltage range and this is why we can not use them as standard.

Hope this clarifyies things for you guys, merry christmas to everyone and please not I'll be offline for a few days now since I also enjoy some days of vacation...
Old 12-25-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

@mac853: yes, in my opinion there is no point in using X12 Modified rotors (no matter which one!) in X12 StockSpec as characteristics are very different.

Uhm, strange, it doesn't improve any for the stockspec?
In fact i saw even TP and SP had tuning rotors for spec motors as well, then you recommned not to try, OK, i took the note.

Thanks for reply, Merry X'mas and be good on vacation!
Old 12-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

@Apex: it's always our aim to release products which are superior then our competitors...

@Scott B: yes, SXX StockSpec has mild powerprofiles as well which are suited well for modified racing also.
But none of the profiles in SXX StockSpec is actually identical to previous speedos profiles as technology (hard- and software) inside is very different.

@stical: powercapacitors do not help BEC line, I do believe you mix-up powercapacitors with capacitors which are connected to BAT slot of the receiver to stabilise the voltage.
The Dual BEC inside SXX StockSpec is a very unique circuitry and doesn't need any external capacitors or other components. Therefore the SXX StockSpec comes with a standard power-capacitor which has a wider input range then the recently released optional caps.
These optional powercapacitors are meant for hardcore racers searching for every little advantage, but they don't have a wide input voltage range and this is why we can not use them as standard.

Hope this clarifyies things for you guys, merry christmas to everyone and please not I'll be offline for a few days now since I also enjoy some days of vacation...

Nice hard and soft -ware is being upgraded in the SXX Stock Spec!! As long as the SXX Stock Spec is equal or better than the AE BD, I'll stick with LRP.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great thread...Waiting patiently for the new StockSpec hardware...
Old 12-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whats up with the new Octa-wind motors? Will they make these 2nd gen motors for 17.5 & 13.5?
Old 12-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just wondering.... how superior is the stockspec to the Novak Kinetic?

is the SXX stock spec any different to the previous SPX?

I am kind of thinking of which one to commit on as I own a TC spec... I should be mainly racing stock touring for now.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Just wondering.... how superior is the stockspec to the Novak Kinetic?
No real way of knowing the answer to that question, since they (Novak Kinetic) aren't available for sale yet.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

This might have been answered already, and forgive me if it has, is there any set release date or idea of when the SXX stock spec will be available for purchase in the US?

Also, what are people thinking about the X12 Stock Spec motors, exspecially in 17.5 and 13.5? A few racers at my local track use them and have had success, but just curious what some more people think. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

X12 - 17.5..... what is a good starting FDR?

anyone have experience with this motor and the Tekin RS?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Had a chance to do some testing today with my X-12 13.5 in my TC5R on outdoor asphalt. Air temperature was about 80 deg farenheit with partly cloudy skies. Speed control was LRP SPX on profile 6 and battery was SMC 5200mah 50C. Tried both the 1-dot(X+5deg) and -dot(X+10deg) timing with a FDRs of 6.69, 6.96, and 7.25.

As expected, both the 1-dot and -dot timing produced high motor temps between 170-200 degrees farenheit.

The -dot timing really didn't result in anything good. The motor lasted about 1.5 minutes and then began to fall off using all the FDRs.

With the 1-dot timing, I found that if the motor temp stayed under 180 deg F, then I could work with it. I finished the practice today using the 1-dot timing with a FDR of 6.96 and a motor temp of 177 deg F, which realistically, is too high but, the motor did keep most of its punch.

During past practice sessions using the 2-dot timing with a FDR of 6, the motor temperature stayed between 140-150, which is ideal. However, during our last club race, the other drivers using SPX's on profile 8 and Duo2's with their motor timing advanced all the way counter-clockwise, had much more top end speed than me using a X-12 with 2-dot timing and a FDR of 6.

Last edited by bfong13; 12-28-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bfong13
Had a chance to do some testing today with my X-12 13.5 in my TC5R on outdoor asphalt. Air temperature was about 80 deg farenheit with partly cloudy skies. Speed control was LRP SPX on profile 6 and battery was SMC 5200mah 50C. Tried both the 3-dot and 4-dot timing with a FDRs of 6.69, 6.96, and 7.25.

As expected, both the 3-dot and 4-dot timing produced high motor temps between 170-200 degrees farenheit.

The 4-dot timing really didn't result in anything good. The motor lasted about 1.5 minutes and then began to fall off using all the FDRs.

With the 3-dot timing, I found that if the motor temp stayed under 180 deg F, then I could work with it. I finished the practice today using the 3-dot timing with a FDR of 6.96 and a motor temp of 177 deg F, which realistically, is too high but, the motor did keep most of its punch.

During past practice sessions using the 2-dot timing with a FDR of 6, the motor temperature stayed between 140-150, which is ideal. However, during our last club race, the other drivers using SPX's on profile 8 and Duo2's with their motor timing advanced all the way counter-clockwise, had much more top end speed than me using a X-12 with 2-dot timing and a FDR of 6.
These motors can take quite a bit of heat before they slow down. With out a fan mine get to 200 and my laptimes only fall off .2 by the end of the run. Maybe try the 2 dot geared up a little more or stick with the 3dot(advanced position, I assume) if its faster and it does not lose its punch.

When you say 3 or 4 dot that usually refers to retarded timing. I am not sure what they call it when you advance the timing which is what I think you were talking about, right?

Paul
Old 12-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Brian, I don't think any of us are using profile 8. Felix might be but I'm not sure. You should switch from profile 6 to 7, it will make a large difference.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chicky03
These motors can take quite a bit of heat before they slow down. With out a fan mine get to 200 and my laptimes only fall off .2 by the end of the run. Maybe try the 2 dot geared up a little more or stick with the 3dot(advanced position, I assume) if its faster and it does not lose its punch.

When you say 3 or 4 dot that usually refers to retarded timing. I am not sure what they call it when you advance the timing which is what I think you were talking about, right?

Paul
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try both the next time I'm at the track and compare it to the fast guys. I think the 2-dot is probably optimal and I'll try using more aggressive FDR. I'll also try the 1-dot that I was using the other day, but I'm not keen on having a motor run so warm.

Also, I corrected my previous post for accuraccy. You're correct. I was using the 1-dot (X+5deg) and -dot (X+10deg) vice the 3 and 4-dot.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Brian, I don't think any of us are using profile 8. Felix might be but I'm not sure. You should switch from profile 6 to 7, it will make a large difference.
TJ,

Yeah, that's something I might try again. Felix and I tried it the other night. We used Profile 7 with a FDR of 7.2 but the motor temp was 200+ deg. To remedy this, I might try profile 7 and retard the timing and use either the 3-dot (X-5deg) or 4-dot (X-10deg).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.