Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another Stupid newbie Question... I run a TC 4 is it even reasonable to consider running it, seems like a lot of people run other cars or a TC5 if I run a TC4 will I be at a disadvantage?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

....Tag are you going to come and play? I got some left over X-mas gifts for you.......they would be equal to about 24 seconds or 2 laps...your choice...
Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
they would be equal to about 24 seconds or 2 laps...your choice...
Chuck I've heard that before............... I don't think Tags has anything to worry about. Hows your Brother from another mother doing?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
http://www.roarracing.org/downloads/...ng_Minutes.pdf
Page 6 has the details. The previous NATS thread got closed after this came up last time, just realized that lets not let that happen again, there are a few roar discussion threads open if needed
Thanks Mike!!

let's keep it on the subject!! the other thread got REALLY UGLY!! if you want to race the NATS C'mon!!! and Race!!! This is where the upcoming Nationals will be held at...
Roar Debates should be posted on the ROAR THREADS PLEASE... but i do understand about the questions... just have to wait for ROAR to reply. Pretty much everyone is waiting for them for the final facts.

As for TECHING, ADAM does one heck of a job!! BTW, dont bother looking at the voltage meter he is using ..... he will give GRIEF!! he will tell you if your good or NOT!!! NO EXCUSES!! NO BRBs either!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Thanks Mike!!

let's keep it on the subject!! the other thread got REALLY UGLY!! if you want to race the NATS C'mon!!! and Race!!! This is where the upcoming Nationals will be held at...
Roar Debates should be posted on the ROAR THREADS PLEASE... but i do understand about the questions... just have to wait for ROAR to reply. Pretty much everyone is waiting for them for the final facts.

As for TECHING, ADAM does one heck of a job!! BTW, dont bother looking at the voltage meter he is using ..... he will give GRIEF!! he will tell you if your good or NOT!!! NO EXCUSES!! NO BRBs either!!!
Agreed Arvin.... But facts always get in the way of a good argument...
Adam does a great job at tech....
Old 01-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

double post

Last edited by RCFREAK; 01-14-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: double post
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Default The "Decal" Rule

I could go through a long explaination about this, but I'll just boil it down.

The purpose was to keep the pro drivers and 100% sponsored drivers out of what was called stock. Now it's called sportsman. If you wear a Trinity hat or have a Team Associated decal on your car, you can run. Just as long as you're not sponsored. Getting breaks from your LHS is not sponsorship. All the stuff on the internet was speculation, rumor, and ROAR hating. So if you wanna go to the nats and run sportsman, go!

And by the way, how about them Patriots!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uncbadboy
Another Stupid newbie Question... I run a TC 4 is it even reasonable to consider running it, seems like a lot of people run other cars or a TC5 if I run a TC4 will I be at a disadvantage?
Run what works for you. Two people ran Evo 4's (another older shaft drive car) at the asphalt Nats. One placed near the top of the B main and won one the C main.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Far as I know if you enter a Sportsman class, You can not enter any classes but sportsman ONLY....

That also INCLUDES any Hobby Shop help ect!!!
Tag are you saying those with hobby shop help can not longer be in Sportsman? I thought Dawn clarified that to say those with help from their hobby shop could still be in sportsman. That one is such a grey area because of hobby shop employees, those that help their LHS and get "paid" in the form of "help", etc.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
BTW, dont bother looking at the voltage meter he is using ..... he will give GRIEF!! he will tell you if your good or NOT!!! NO EXCUSES!! NO BRBs either!!!
I will buy you a beer now! lol

But seriously all of you, don't sweat the voltage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, just show up and come see me on either Wednesday night or Thursday morning and I'll make sure you and your car are squared away before qualifying
Old 01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Side note,

I like the big can of Red Bull, Mountain Dew, and Egg McMuffin's if you want a get through tech free pass.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jiml
I could go through a long explaination about this, but I'll just boil it down.

The purpose was to keep the pro drivers and 100% sponsored drivers out of what was called stock. Now it's called sportsman. If you wear a Trinity hat or have a Team Associated decal on your car, you can run. Just as long as you're not sponsored. Getting breaks from your LHS is not sponsorship. All the stuff on the internet was speculation, rumor, and ROAR hating. So if you wanna go to the nats and run sportsman, go!

And by the way, how about them Patriots!
To the tune of I luv NY....

I love New York... It's the people I hate......

Ugly game... Man no excuses.... That was the worse I have ever seen them.... Time to reload baby!!!!

Glad to see this stuff resolved before race. Going to be a great event put on by some of the best people in RC...
Old 01-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Tag are you saying those with hobby shop help can not longer be in Sportsman? I thought Dawn clarified that to say those with help from their hobby shop could still be in sportsman. That one is such a grey area because of hobby shop employees, those that help their LHS and get "paid" in the form of "help", etc.
I'll let her come on here and explain, From what I was told "Any Help". I think the Exact quote was -

"The rule isn't about free. Its about help."

Also, I agree on the HS deal..many get better deals thru shops than MFGs direct for sure.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone have any new news on the following:

1. What are the entry fees for this event?
2. What is the SPEC tire for this race?
3. When can we sign up?
4. What is the official ruling on the 17.5 class?
5. Will we be allowed to run two classes? 17.5 and 13.5 sedan or will the 13.5 sedan guys have to run 13.5 and Mod?

Time is fast approaching and we'd like to make plans and advertise so that this race brings in a great crowd!!!

I know the track has been making improvements and the local crowd is excited and wanting to put on a good show for everyone!!!

Last edited by munrath; 01-21-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by munrath
Does anyone have any new news on the following:

1. What are the entry fees for this event?
2. What is the SPEC tire for this race?
3. When can we sign up?
4. What is the official ruling on the 17.5 class?
5. Will we be allowed to run two classes? 17.5 and 13.5 sedan or will the 13.5 sedan guys have to run 13.5 and Mod?

Time is fast approaching and we'd like to make plans and advertise so that this race brings in a great crowd!!!

I know the track has been making improvements and the local crowd is excited and wanting to put on a good show for everyone!!!
I'll answer what I can...

1. $85 per class
2. Will be announced this weekend
3. January 25, 2010
4. See last paragraph of page 5 2009_Meeting_Minutes
5. Yes you can run 2 classes, but not 17.5 and 13.5 Sedan. You can run 13.5 and Open Mod Sedan. If you run 17.5 sedan, the only other class you can race is 17.5 1/12. The only exception is you can run 17.5 1/12 and 13.5 World GT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.