Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SpeedDesignz
Novalink will NOT work with Windows 7 64bit.

It get's errors like crazy on my 64bit desktop. But on my 32bit laptop it works fine.
Nova Link 1.4 work fine on Windows 7 64 bit.
Adnan Khan
Old 02-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Its working great on mine as well now. I just need to fully understand how to install all of the software correctly. Such as the RDD file, new firmware and so on.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the emails over the weekend guys, we tried to work through a few issues, and made some forward progress.

If anything further comes up, please continue to email [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charlie
Thanks for the emails over the weekend guys, we tried to work through a few issues, and made some forward progress.

Thanks!
This is the truth no weekends off for Novak! I was having an issue this weekend when most places are closed and have to wait till monday for service Novak is just an e-mail away. Seriously guys before you run to the forums screaming and angry give the guys an e-mail. Mine was answered in a short amount of time (actually quicker than I expected). Service like this is unheard anymore. Thanks Novak especially Charlie. Proud to have Orange Power!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sidewaze
This is the truth no weekends off for Novak! I was having an issue this weekend when most places are closed and have to wait till monday for service Novak is just an e-mail away. Seriously guys before you run to the forums screaming and angry give the guys an e-mail. Mine was answered in a short amount of time (actually quicker than I expected). Service like this is unheard anymore. Thanks Novak especially Charlie. Proud to have Orange Power!
I'm going to have to give a hearty-2nd to this one. Charlie has gone WAY above and beyond the call of duty on behalf of Novak, in terms of amazing customer-service... warranty-related issues... and just being an amazing all-around helpful guy. PLEASE don't flame Novak for reasons that don't belong on here. If you have issues... take them up with the company instead of airing your complaints on here. ALL electronics have issues at some point. Motors burn-down for no reason (ALL manufacturers), things explode/melt/disintegrate/die with little provocation all the time, and it's not necessarily due to anything other than use/stress. NOT a brand-thing. I'm extremely stoked to see that Novak is still in the game and turning out some of the best products you can buy.
THANK you Charlie for your love of the hobby, your unconditional support and dedication to the products of Novak, and for being just an all-around great guy.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Company Representative

I have forwarded your kind comments to Novak's Management.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Charlie

Thanks!
Charlie,

Thanks for the great support. Novak's customer service is second to none.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Second Kinetic up in smoke

Well, something ain't right here, this is my second Novak Kinetic 2s that went up in a ball of flames for no apparent reason. I think it's time to move to another speed control manufacture, sorry Novak.. Oh and my other question is who's going to cover my charred $100 KO-Propo receiver?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Well, something ain't right here, this is my second Novak Kinetic 2s that went up in a ball of flames for no apparent reason. I think it's time to move to another speed control manufacture, sorry Novak.. Oh and my other question is who's going to cover my charred $100 KO-Propo receiver?
You
Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Charlie, I have sent you an e-mail.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
wow, do you have the picture on that kinetic?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Novak Two, I need to send in both of my Kinetics as they have occured some type of malfuntion. I have emailed Charlie and gone over some of the issues but the main point is after installing the newest update is when all thiese issues started with the esc's.

Jeremiah Ward
[email protected]

Last edited by ThrottleKing; 02-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

A guy at our track had the molten stator problem. He's got two molten stators and two kinetic 1s escs that he's afraid to use.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing
Novak Two, I need to send in both of my Kinetics as they have occured some type of malfuntion. I have emailed Charlie and gone over some of the issues but the main point is after installing the newest update is when all thiese issues started with the esc's. Both escs have melted the stators in two Ballistic motors each last night during the runs and every time they did the exact same thing and at the exact same point in the track rught after two 180's to the strait and then they would lock up and cook. I hadn't changed my esc setting on either of them since I ran the 1.3 update and they have worked perfectly until now. After the first two motors blew in each esc I changed the advance to a lower setting and kept the Ballistics timing at about 10*-5* and i never run the boost on, only dynamic timing. My end timing is about 50-55* and on the 1.3 software the temps for the esc's were about 80-90* and the motor would come off after an 8 min race about 130*-140*. Now after last night I temped them when they died and the esc was 140* and the motors were all about 200-220* after only half the run and that was with the 1.4.2 software. The novalink showed everthing to be working fine and I had the ability to use all the features and that led me to believe everthing was in working order but I always use at least two temp guns to make my measurements. All this happended using 2s version Kinetics running in my 1 cell 1/12 car with a 17.5 and my 1 cell WGT car using a 13.5. I talked to Brent on the phone today and hes said to send them in but nothing about the 4 stators I lost. One problem is that 1 Kenetic is 127 days old and the other is 117 days old according to when I purchased them from Tower. I doon't know if this matters but it took 6 days for the older one to get to me and only 3 for the newr one but I would imagine the purchase date is what counts. If you guys can get back to me I would really appreciate it as now I am out of Ballistics and my carpet season is over until I can get this issue fixed. One other not is that I tried new sensor cable on each motor after the meltdown so that question is checked off and I have went over all wiring and connection and all is good. I did notice after the 1.4.2 install I had great brakes up untill it blew where as before on the 1.3 software I had very weak brakes.

Jeremiah Ward
[email protected]
Jeremiah,

Was iit warm in the building last night.

Steve Dunn
Old 02-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Steve,

It was no different than any other night that we have raced. No one there could believe it. They had never seen anything like that before.

Jeremiah Ward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.