Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Just sharing
got t3 since it came to my shore, after 18 days of driving i had a hard crash and it chassis at front is ripped and also servo saver is chip. Since we got no parts till late december i have no choice but to run my spare t3 till we can have parts. Cant complain much as after 18 days and almost 2000 laps any car will go i guess.

Cheers
Old 11-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Do we have to buy this part, or is x-ray gonna be giving us for free?

As obviously there were a design flaw on there part.
It's an optional part that can be used to strengthen front or for tuning (stiffer front).

From their testing they could not conclude there was a flaw in the design. So to appease the people who are having issues they developed the part.

There are a lot of us who are thinking the chassis will only break when, 1. Screw is backed out, 2. Chassis is not CA'd. I would test this theory myself with a hammer but I'm not rich. Till then, I'm going to make sure the screw is tight and run the T3 as is. If I need a stiffer front or I'm running mod on a hard board track, then I'll put in the optional piece.

Originally Posted by Romeo
got t3 since it came to my shore, after 18 days of driving i had a hard crash and it chassis at front is ripped and also servo saver is chip. Since we got no parts till late december i have no choice but to run my spare t3 till we can have parts. Cant complain much as after 18 days and almost 2000 laps any car will go i guess.
Is your damage the same as the discussion or did you just break the chassis plate because of hard impact? Our discussion here is focused on the screw ripping through the chassis where the single mount is.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Maybe I missed it but what chassis thickness was he using to test with?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Did you guys catch how much torque he applied to the screw??

Need to buy new 2mm wrench!!! i guess that may also be the trick! DONT BE A "WUSS" CRANKDOWN ON IT!!! then test it with a hammer!!(J/K)
Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Did you guys catch how much torque he applied to the screw??

Need to buy new 2mm wrench!!! i guess that may also be the trick! DONT BE A "WUSS" CRANKDOWN ON IT!!! then test it with a hammer!!(J/K)
Yes, I did catch that. That is how I intend to tighten mine when it finally arrives. Anyone know when RC America is supposed to get their next batch?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

he should hummer that from out to centre for proper test
two holes next to each other so close to chasis diff cut...
Old 11-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by or8ital
Yes, I did catch that. That is how I intend to tighten mine when it finally arrives. Anyone know when RC America is supposed to get their next batch?
I believe Ralph said the first week in December but I may be a little off. US versions will be in this batch also. w00t!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
There are a lot of us who are thinking the chassis will only break when, 1. Screw is backed out, 2. Chassis is not CA'd. I would test this theory myself with a hammer but I'm not rich. Till then, I'm going to make sure the screw is tight and run the T3 as is. If I need a stiffer front or I'm running mod on a hard board track, then I'll put in the optional piece.
+1

I built mine and ensured I prepped the holes with CA and then used medium loctite and some good old torque on the wrench when seating the screws (before I even saw this video).

...it seems VERY solid to me and if the screw doesn't back out it should be fine since you are keeping all of the surface area of the mount against the chassis. If there was play in there or the screw vibrated out I can see the potential for the breaks that have been shown.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
I wonder if Martin was thinking of Nick Priest .........
I'm sure he was
Old 11-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

+1
Old 11-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. MR4
I'm sure he was
I'm sure he was thinking

"thank god that Nick Priest brought this to my attention more directly than any of these yellow bellied mongtards on rctech who would gladly let rapists live in womens changing rooms "
Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

.Sub.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a question on the camber change.

I built my T3EU as the manual suggested.
- Camber link: #3 holes on both the front and rear shocks tower
- Shim: Rear 4mm shim above the upright / Front 1mm above c-hub.
- Camber: rear 2deg / front 1.5deg

When setting camber (Hudy setup system), I push down in the center of the shock towers, I notice no camber change at the rear and only +0.5deg in the front. If I push down on one side, say rear right side of the shock tower, the rear right would become 1deg camber and the left become 3deg.

I think this is wrong? Since I thought the side being push down should have more camber for more traction? I also have a t2 009, also using #3holes, but the camber change in the 009 is normal.

Anyone, please? Thank you in advance.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aantonis
This video was posted from Martin half an hour ago.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
What I posted yesterday on Xray's forum;

It has just occured to me that there are no other bulkheads, top deck etc attached which means the flex of the chassis is also absorbing a lot of the force. You can actually hear it 'pinging' when struck.

Before someone turns on me as well Rolling Eyes, I will say that I will still be getting my T3 soon, I will probably run the new reinforced brace indoors and the standard items outdoors.

Skiddins

P.S. Does the new brace also have the 'locators' underneath of just the two screw holes?
Old 11-26-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Only one more day until I get to take my T3 to it's first race!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.