Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hanulec
welcome aboard... are you going to be able to make IIC???
I wish I could, but it's within a week of the ROAR 1:8 electric off-road nats. It's at my home track so it makes it so much easier for me.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
I wish I could, but it's within a week of the ROAR 1:8 electric off-road nats. It's at my home track so it makes it so much easier for me.
Da kid is versatile...And maybe Scotty will have resurrected the IIC by the time he gets to 21.

Wishing him good luck at "the other" Nats at NorCal.

Bill
Old 08-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well... I got my first kit today and it's starting to get built. I'm happy to be on the team and I can't wait to get the car finished and on the track!
Woah! WTF?!?!

Did you get a ride from RC America? Awesome!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Mike,

Three low GC Hudy balancing weights (12gms each) are fitted into the three back battery slots. No other weights needed at this time.

My lipo placement is probably a tad different from what most are doing. I modify two NIMH battery kit parts to achieve this placement. Can show you on Sunday at NorCal.

Motor spaced fairly far forward using larger sized combinations of pinions and spurs. Helps get significant weight to front end. Very light fan behind motor.

RS ESC and KO receiver are placed inward. These two components give me side-to-side balancing by their placement

Full-sized JR9000 servo (for weight at the light corner) with AMB transponder on top.

High density bumper. Adds a little weight to front end.

And my "patented" 5th body post. Adds about 1 gram.

Nitrogen in tires...j/k.

Car is currently 1415gms with regular weight LTC-R body...Basically looking at 350-357gms per corner. Easily will get under 1400gms by changing to a lightweight body for the IIC.

Otherwise, my best carpet setups (with my old car) were 20 grams heavier at the tail than the nose. So, typically I only look for equal weights at the fronts (345) and rears (365) for ROAR.

Bill
Can u post a pic?
Old 08-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gonzo416
Can u post a pic?
Basically, I wrote you a picture because everything headed to the IIC is all packed up.

Bill
Old 08-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Arrow Selling my T3

In case anyone is looking for a kit, I'm selling my once-used T3 EU spec ($350 shipped to US). Decided on-road isn't my thing.

For sale thread here.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I just wanted to drop an update on my newly installed Flying Fox RC 50mm spool out drives. I tested them in one T3 while I had the XRay aluminium spool out drives installed in another car. After two days of running on low bite carpet with 13.5T boosted, 50mm ecs installed, a wide front end, and no front sway bars the end result is a nearly new set of Flying Fox RC out drives --- and in the other car three broken blades and two bent/stretched out XRay out drives.

Besides the overall survival of the product it felt as if the car equipped with the Flying Fox parts rolled more consistently in the front end, producing a more predictable experience.

I got two words in summary - Get some!!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

I just wanted to drop an update on my newly installed Flying Fox RC 50mm spool out drives. I tested them in one T3 while I had the XRay aluminium spool out drives installed in another car. After two days of running on low bite carpet with 13.5T boosted, 50mm ecs installed, a wide front end, and no front sway bars the end result is a nearly new set of Flying Fox RC out drives --- and in the other car three broken blades and two bent/stretched out XRay out drives.

Besides the overall survival of the product it felt as if the car equipped with the Flying Fox parts rolled more consistently in the front end, producing a more predictable experience.

here here....we had our state titles on the weekend and the man himself was here...never got to say hi and tell him how good the outdrives were...sorry paul maybe next year.......i had a really hard crash which broke a front axel and steering block, looked at my car today....both the blades and outdrives are as-new.....so big thumbs up from me also....
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well... I got my first kit today and it's starting to get built. I'm happy to be on the team and I can't wait to get the car finished and on the track!
We are glad you are on the team as well!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've had similar experience running 13.5 at Lincoln NE with heavy braking and 180's and at KC with also lots of 180's that would have cut blades with the xray ones and the flying fox out drives shown no wear on the blade.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Sweet! Another guy I can borrow parts from
Old 08-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade072
here here....we had our state titles on the weekend and the man himself was here...never got to say hi and tell him how good the outdrives were...sorry paul maybe next year.......i had a really hard crash which broke a front axel and steering block, looked at my car today....both the blades and outdrives are as-new.....so big thumbs up from me also....
Always nice to hear of happy people using my parts. Shame we didn't get the chance to meet. I had the busiest meet of my life running 1/12th as well as TC. It was the best event ever for me with a very fun atmosphere and a good result. All the locals I met were great people, must be something in the water down in SA?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

I drove my T3 for the first time on Sunday. I couldn't believe how much steering this car has. All the car needs is some fine tunning and then it will really come alive.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Always nice to hear of happy people using my parts. Shame we didn't get the chance to meet. I had the busiest meet of my life running 1/12th as well as TC. It was the best event ever for me with a very fun atmosphere and a good result. All the locals I met were great people, must be something in the water down in SA?
yeah paul...only found out who you were when it was all over....
still like how the program called your name....HARDMAN lol
catchya next time...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

I drove my T3 for the first time on Sunday. I couldn't believe how much steering this car has. All the car needs is some fine tunning and then it will really come alive.
Waiting patiently for your 17.5 setup...Hugely LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.