R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   How the heck do you build TC5R shocks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/325605-how-heck-do-you-build-tc5r-shocks.html)

KustomRCGraphic 09-07-2009 03:11 PM

How the heck do you build TC5R shocks

on step one, and seriously regretting wasting money on this kit, what the hell is the trick to stuffing the overgrown black thing into the shock body:flaming:

or8ital 09-07-2009 03:20 PM

Yeah its tough. Use the tool that comes with it and you should be able to get it.

wingracer 09-07-2009 03:22 PM

Yeah, it's not a great design but once together you will have great working shocks.

Logi Maker 09-07-2009 03:55 PM

If you are talking about the foam which I think you are, you don't need to install them. They are just fine without them...

corallyman 09-07-2009 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by KustomRCGraphic (Post 6313272)
on step one, and seriously regretting wasting money on this kit, what the hell is the trick to stuffing the overgrown black thing into the shock body:flaming:

I thought the car build went great when I had my TC5, the shocks were butter smooth and worked great. They performed just perfectly, I just took my time and built them right the first time. Some things should not be rushed. The shocks are one of those items.

If you decide to get rid of your kit, send me a PM and maybe we can do a trade or something. Good luck.

wingracer 09-07-2009 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Logi Maker (Post 6313415)
If you are talking about the foam which I think you are, you don't need to install them. They are just fine without them...

No, he is talking about the big black pressed in cylinder that holds the seals in.

hpisims 09-07-2009 05:32 PM

They do go in kinda hard but if it was lose you would not have as nice of shocks. So it has to go together tight but just use the tool to install and you should be fine.

KustomRCGraphic 09-07-2009 06:00 PM

Thanks guys, finally got the cartridge in, lol, what a pain. They are smooth not that they are built, lol.

olhipster1 09-07-2009 06:47 PM

TC5 shock

had the same problem with the shocks....not a very good design...in my opinion...
had 3 TC5 (FT, R, F) all shocks leaked....just dropped on the Tamiya TRF shocks (gray Flourine or the new blue ones)..and bang ...your car will be sooooo happy...

by the way..the blue look awesome...:nod::nod::tire::tire:

have fun..

wingracer 09-07-2009 06:57 PM

I've never had a leaking problem with them, but then all the ones I have built have had double o-rings.

RMKinWI 09-07-2009 07:05 PM

I am building my TC5 right now as well - If you thought the shocks were bad wait until you get to the diffs!! I can not get the bolt to reach the nut, so I thought the nut was not setting all the way into the black plastic wing thing, so Like the shocks I thought I would just give it a really good push - which was not the right thing to do. Now I need a new black wing thing.

FK05 lover 09-07-2009 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by KustomRCGraphic (Post 6313272)

Forget about them & just get yourself some TRF shocks, go straight on