Search
Like Tree1569Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hydro111
Need a little help, my speedmerchant rk10 keeps pulling right under brakes. I thought it might of been diff but i have checked/rebuilt it, also checked tweak. Any suggestions?
Don't use brakes...lol!
Something to check would be front droop. Make sure the king pins have the same amount of gap under weight.

In most cases, foam tire pan cars don't need brakes beyond maybe a little drag brake. If set up well, the car will just turn... no brakes needed. If you need brakes, the car is pushing. Fix that first.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Come drive on our outdoor asfalt tracks then YoDog... You WILL need to brake in some turns...

If the diff is really okay, meaning it is build so that the spurgear just doesn't slip, there could be other problems...

You may have checked the car's tweak but did you check if the chassis is straight? Check that with a caliper body or a straight ruler of some kind. Try to loosen the screws of the front suspension and then gently tighten them again cross-wise.
Check for any binding in the centerlink, sidelinks, shocks, springs and tubes.
Make sure the kingpins are smooth without any binding.
Make sure the front springs are the same rate AND are equal in lenghth.
Check the tires, they should be the same diameter left and right.
Check the balance left & right of the complete car. If it is much out of balance, get it in balance by re-mounting electronics or add weight in places needed...
Pro10noob likes this.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
This car is seriously FAST.
That it is, car just flat out works! looking forward to seeing what it can do next time out.

never posted a finished pic on here...
LOW ET and pphaneuf like this.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Love the car!! Hate the body!!
pphaneuf likes this.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Love the car!! Hate the body!!
I love the lola bodies and the car carries tons of corner speed with it. just not sure if I'm loosing speed /laptimes compared to the swift or saxo bodie, we're running 10.5 boosted. running on a smaller track then most of yours track is around 300x100. cars doing 58 mph on the back straight according to my gps...
Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

You love them or you hate them... No problem!

If I had to choose between getting TQ & 1st place with a Lola or getting Just outside the podium with a kick-ass looking Pro10 body that actally looks like a car... I lose the race, period!
Pro10noob and pphaneuf like this.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

10.5 boosted??
No need for a lola.
It is just plain old ugly on a Pro10.
You could use the Mix Nissan or the VIP body if you needed the down force or better yet setup the car better
If you have that short a track then the speed in the corners isn't that high to get the advantage of the lola body at all and your better of with the saxo or swift body.

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by noproblems209
I love the lola bodies and the car carries tons of corner speed with it. just not sure if I'm loosing speed /laptimes compared to the swift or saxo bodie, we're running 10.5 boosted. running on a smaller track then most of yours track is around 300x100. cars doing 58 mph on the back straight according to my gps...
pphaneuf likes this.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Don't use brakes...lol!
Something to check would be front droop. Make sure the king pins have the same amount of gap under weight.

In most cases, foam tire pan cars don't need brakes beyond maybe a little drag brake. If set up well, the car will just turn... no brakes needed. If you need brakes, the car is pushing. Fix that first.
Definitely need brakes with 2s boosted mod motor outdoor asphalt.

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Come drive on our outdoor asfalt tracks then YoDog... You WILL need to brake in some turns...

If the diff is really okay, meaning it is build so that the spurgear just doesn't slip, there could be other problems...

You may have checked the car's tweak but did you check if the chassis is straight? Check that with a caliper body or a straight ruler of some kind. Try to loosen the screws of the front suspension and then gently tighten them again cross-wise.
Check for any binding in the centerlink, sidelinks, shocks, springs and tubes.
Make sure the kingpins are smooth without any binding.
Make sure the front springs are the same rate AND are equal in lenghth.
Check the tires, they should be the same diameter left and right.
Check the balance left & right of the complete car. If it is much out of balance, get it in balance by re-mounting electronics or add weight in places needed...
Thanks for the suggestions, i will check everything. Never had this problem before with my other cars (Trinity SB10, RC10L, Xray X10).
Old 04-17-2017, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

It can happen with any car... Just remember that the diff is the diff, it has only ONE setting. It is not a tuning option for the car. It has to work just right.
Pro10noob and hydro111 like this.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Definitely need brakes with 2s boosted mod motor outdoor asphalt.
Hey Chris! Are you running at Brendale? There's been a few Pro10s running there recently.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Scott, no haven't yet ran at Brendale, been busy rc drag racing. Ran the pan cars at Meakin during the week when no ones around with Troy and Dad. Would like to get up to Brendale soon, Have you been running much at Brendale?
Old 04-17-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Need a little help, my speedmerchant rk10 keeps pulling right under brakes. I thought it might of been diff but i have checked/rebuilt it, also checked tweak. Any suggestions?
Check the flange bearing that the thrust bearing rest on, if it's crunchy replace it.
THEBIGBULL and hydro111 like this.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noproblems209
That it is, car just flat out works! looking forward to seeing what it can do next time out.

never posted a finished pic on here...
which bolt on wing is that? where'd you get it?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LOW ET
which bolt on wing is that? where'd you get it?
is a bittydesign 1/8 wing cut to fit.
LOW ET likes this.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Scott, no haven't yet ran at Brendale, been busy rc drag racing. Ran the pan cars at Meakin during the week when no ones around with Troy and Dad. Would like to get up to Brendale soon, Have you been running much at Brendale?
I've been running at Brendale about every 2 weeks - 1/12 and touring cars. I dabbled in Pro10 for a bit, but not for me. They are awesome around the track though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.