Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kensei
@MatNoway

Kensei:
I will perhaps take a closer look on it later. to see the potensial gains better. Its a done deal really, its good. do it.

What you mean is cut lower under the rear wing and than make holes in it?
Any experience as to how much lower, in cm's and how many holes of which diameter?
Noboby can give you here an accurate answer. I depends a on a lot of factors that haven't been tested in this vid (type of body, ground clearance, different speed, ...).
Eventually, you get a better insight of your cars aerodynamics, when you put some stripes of paper at the back of your car. You will probably see a much more accurate visualisation of aerodynamic flow.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Paper strips is a good way to see how the flow goes. but it gets kinda tricky with a car buzzing around.

But you can ofc. just strap it to the roof of your car and look at it. would suggest that you elevate a platform up from the roof if so. to avoid the air coming up from windscreen and giving inncorrect results.

Main weaknesses would be that you don`t get a good sence of downforce only the directions.

Having a liquid that does not fully dry is another way. i havent really tried it but i would think unmixed cordial. or blueberry juice could work. ad suger or boil it for increased thickness. (guessing) I think im going to try this.

I have noticed something in the video and i will try to make a demo on it. to highlight it.

It seems there is a choke point around the motor. (on my model at least) obstrucing some of the air at the front of the car from getting out at the back. There is at least a distinct pressure difference there.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
I am still scratching my head how you can put the Nissan GTP on the speedline. The frontwheels of the speedline is 228mm wide but the body is 225mm at the front? I think I am missing something?

Can you measure the width of the front wheels of your speedline and the Nissan GTP? Maybe I was told wrong. I want to try the Nissan GTP on my other car with 227mm wide frontwheels but don't have the body yet.
the speedline is 227 at the front with andys adapters and contact 30mm nitro 200mm rear and the nissan is also 226 227 so no trouble
but honestly i would not recommand that body
worst fit is the blitz 220 @ the front so wheels are sticking out a bit
@ rokosam
surprised to hear that the blitz worked on a crc wich does not have the best rear en grip maybe your track has a lot more traction than my local track
i will try it next time on a higher grip track

is one of you guys coming over to oberhausen this sunday?
last chance to race pro 10 there before the track closes
Old 07-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Some of us a running in the National championship this weekend.
The rest is either working or finally taking a day of to spend some quality time

regards Roy
Old 08-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by closs
the speedline is 227 at the front with andys adapters and contact 30mm nitro 200mm rear and the nissan is also 226 227 so no trouble
but honestly i would not recommand that body
worst fit is the blitz 220 @ the front so wheels are sticking out a bit
@ rokosam
surprised to hear that the blitz worked on a crc wich does not have the best rear en grip maybe your track has a lot more traction than my local track

Thanks for measuring the front. It seems the same width as my other car.
I think partially the wider front of the Speedline has something to do with it. My L2 is roughly 212mm at the front. A wider front has less steering. In theory you could dail in more steering to offset that and still be more ballanced than with less width?

Next year I will experiment a little with the other car as it has two front widths I can try out. 209mm and 227mm width.

Too be honest in Rucphen I felt I could use a modified motor in my L2 without any worry. My car had lots of steering but still so easy and ballanced to drive with a 10.5t and Peugeot MD (before it rained) that a 5.5t or 4.5t would have been no problem there.

Sadly i am not able to go as I have a race in Gouda (paid for all 6 races at once). A last farewell race in Oberhausen would have been nice. I hope they can get something together for another location nearby but I heard it is going to be difficult with the noise levels of the 1/8 and 1/5.

Good luck with the race.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 08-01-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by closs
@ rokosam

No, We are from Barcelona (Spain), He trains in his local track where there´s a lot of traction and very good grip , but he also ended 2nd last race in a different track with very low grip with the same Blitz P908 bodyshell. His car is a CRC GenX10 extended to 235 mm.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

This time i tried to see if there is potensial gians in downforce when having cut outs at the front. It seems not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eKUC...&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUN8k...hannel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4anOf...hannel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52YKl...hannel&list=UL

then i check out a first and second attemt at a diffuser. And the aero car gets a wild design that includes a mild attemt to make a front diffuser. My 8 gigs of ram is not enough so in the future im going to upgrade to 16 or more. to get a finer mesh.

Could someone give me the dia and the width on the front and rear wheels. I think they are of. in metric units please.

Last edited by MatsNorway; 08-04-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pan Car shakedown disaster!

So I took my RC10LS to the track after not driving a pan car for a good 10 years, anyway traction was very low, track was very dusty. Car is running a 6.5T, everytime I throttled a but of power, like 40% it would snap left very hard. I loosened the diff, this helped a little but it would still do it. I got used to driving the car around at very low speed and it turned in quite well but any time i gave it a little throttle it would just turn very abruptly. Any ideas? I think it might be something with the diff... I ended up having quite a crash chasing my friend's TC, I damaged the NOS carbon chassis, broke a servo mount, de laminated a bit I will glue and clamp it....

After my car was dead I drive his TC, they are so forgiving! Very easy to drive on a low traction track.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

Pancars don't really like dusty low traction tracks. What tyres did you use? Anyway, there are some things you can try:

1. Be shure your car is not tweaked
2. Go to a softer centershock
3. clean the track
4. Drive it like a 2WD -> Only accelerate AFTER the corners
Old 08-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

make sure weight balance is equal left and right.

On low traction asphalt with some dust use the soft t-bar (0,063"). It makes the car understeer.
You might need to look for more steering afterwards.

Use a traction compound that doesn't attract dust.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks so much guys, ok, time to fix up the set up, I was thinking of getting 2 cheap digital scales to measure the weight from side to side, like how people corner weight a full sized car. Not sure if I can get other T-bars for a RC10LS, I have a full set for an L2 though, really need to get an L2 bottom plate!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

My new podplate. All the screwholes are in the righ place and it fits perfectly. It has some minor errors that need to be ironed out but for the rest it is good.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Very nice, hope it goes as good as it looks!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Coooool, you should sell them!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up Re pod plate

Originally Posted by spence88mph
Thanks so much guys, ok, time to fix up the set up, I was thinking of getting 2 cheap digital scales to measure the weight from side to side, like how people corner weight a full sized car. Not sure if I can get other T-bars for a RC10LS, I have a full set for an L2 though, really need to get an L2 bottom plate!
Hey, I should have several I will send you one. PM me your shipping address, I'll look through my stuff this weekend. I have a couple of complete L2's if you want to buy a complete roller!!!

BE
TJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.