Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Ed, yes, I'm aware of the open cockpit Lola bodies, I raced 1/8 in the late 90s when they were the only body to have

But the ones I'm referring to are like this - http://www.rc-proshop.de/Pro10-Lexan...orally-mx78229

For this class people seem to refer to these, and bodies like them, as Lola bodies.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Those Lola's are the Nitro 1:8 scale bodies.
They use them when running hot motors to get the desired downforce to smack the car in the corner at that high a speed
Originally Posted by Scott_T
I think Lolas are the high downforce high tail bodies for wide 1:10 nitro. Like the SLB/Mix Lola or the Blitz P908. Both are actually closed cockpits.
Ah, so bodies like the Blitz TS02E, as well?

Now that I think about it, bodies used in Pro10 (from what I can see in pictures!) often have a full size cockpit, unlike 12th scale bodies, which have a cockpit just big enough to accommodate the centre shock!

And yet, these don't totally look like "scaled-up 12th scale bodies" either, unlike the Team Saxo TS02070, say? I guess the steep front end is also part of the "Lola look"?

One thing that was coming to my mind when I think of Lola racing cars (beyond the classic Lola T70!) is their late LMP cars, which include the Lola-Aston Martin B09/60, aka Aston Martin DBR1-2:

Which you might recognize as the style basis for the Protoform AMR-12, of course:

Old 08-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

A slightly more related question: where do Europeans get their Team Saxo bodies from? I'd like a TS02064 for my 200mm...
Old 08-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pphaneuf
A slightly more related question: where do Europeans get their Team Saxo bodies from? I'd like a TS02064 for my 200mm...
You can buy them from several websites in Deutshland, Austria or Switzerland, just google "Team Saxo TS02064"
Old 08-23-2016, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by G-rem
You can buy them from several websites in Deutshland, Austria or Switzerland, just google "Team Saxo TS02064"
Heh, I did that, but seeing out of stock at a number of shops that turn up, and after a bad experience with MRT RC Shop, I was looking for some stronger recommendation than "found it on Google and the website looked nice enough".

Last edited by pphaneuf; 08-23-2016 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:00 AM
Tech Rookie

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...20-wa0001.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...20-wa0002.html

This is our CRC based project for wide stock and modified Pro10 racing. It takes all kind of batteries in transverse or longitudinal direction, even 2S transverse, which is very popular in Germany, uses V-Link supension, modified CRC slider pod, can use 215mm or 230mm front end plates, with the servo mounted on this plate to achieve constant Ackermann on differrent front heights. We use a wide rear axle with long right and short left wheel hub to have the motor centered.

Some small changes will have to be made, but we plan to release a conversion kit or a complete car within the next months.

Jo
pphaneuf likes this.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MIX RC
This is our CRC based project for wide stock and modified Pro10 racing. It takes all kind of batteries in transverse or longitudinal direction, even 2S transverse, which is very popular in Germany, uses V-Link supension, modified CRC slider pod, can use 215mm or 230mm front end plates, with the servo mounted on this plate to achieve constant Ackermann on differrent front heights. We use a wide rear axle with long right and short left wheel hub to have the motor centered.

Some small changes will have to be made, but we plan to release a conversion kit or a complete car within the next months.
Nice!

Are the screws and fitting all SAE (imperial), or is it a mix of SAE and metric, like some Associated?
Old 08-23-2016, 01:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Our MIX Lola indeed is a modified, downscaled 1/8 body with closed cockpit for better airflow on Pro10 and some other modifications.

Yes, it is the most used body here for open modified racing (2S 3.5T or 4.5T). 9-10 drivers in the A-finals use this body.
But meanwhile more and more drivers in the 10.5T stock class choose this body for it's high downforce all around.
Maybe on very big tracks with very long straights it may be slower and more power consuming than other bodies for stock racing. Here the MIX Nissan GTP surely has some advantage.

BTW: Our bodies will be available in the US within the next weeks via RocheRCUSA.com.

Jo
Old 08-23-2016, 01:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Nice!

Are the screws and fitting all SAE (imperial), or is it a mix of SAE and metric, like some Associated?
Of course it has to be a mix. The rear axle and it's bearings and the complete CRC frontend use imperial measurements. The chassis' screws and fittings are metric.

Jo
Old 08-23-2016, 01:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Heh, I did that, but seeing out of stock at a number of shops that turn up, and after a bad experience with RC-KleinKram, I was looking for some stronger recommendation than "found it on Google and the website looked nice enough".
I have ordered several times on RC-KleinKram (T2-Shop) and never have had big issues, only one time they went wrong with my delivery address but thanks to the DHL tracking number, things were sorted quickly.
I think it is a good german shop with good customer service and with real stock, unlike MRT-RC Shop which has a very poor customer service and is super slow to react (instead of returning you your money back because some of the items you've ordered have been out of stock (no way to notice it on the website), they keep your money till the concerned items are back in stock, which can take sooo long...I have 30€ pending there since more than 6 months, will have to take some legal action if I want to see my money back one day)

Anyway, found this: http://www.planet-rc.ch/1-10-Pan-Car...ml?language=fr
Or this: http://www.hobbydirekt.de/Team-Saxo-...cf31a77b067525
And this: http://www.manis-rcshop.at/TS02064+P...Saxo+200mm.htm

But I don't know any of the 3 shops...good luck!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...20-wa0001.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...20-wa0002.html

Jo
Very Nice project!
Old 08-23-2016, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

I have ordered several times on RC-KleinKram (T2-Shop) and never have had big issues, only one time they went wrong with my delivery address but thanks to the DHL tracking number, things were sorted quickly.
I think it is a good german shop with good customer service and with real stock, unlike MRT-RC Shop which has a very poor customer service and is super slow to react (instead of returning you your money back because some of the items you've ordered have been out of stock (no way to notice it on the website), they keep your money till the concerned items are back in stock, which can take sooo long...I have 30€ pending there since more than 6 months, will have to take some legal action if I want to see my money back one day)

Anyway, found this: http://www.planet-rc.ch/1-10-Pan-Car...ml?language=fr
Or this: http://www.hobbydirekt.de/Team-Saxo-...cf31a77b067525
And this: http://www.manis-rcshop.at/TS02064+P...Saxo+200mm.htm

But I don't know any of the 3 shops...good luck!
I was mistaken, I meant MRT RC Shop! I eventually did get my items, after 4 months and some prodding by email, but I did not appreciate this poor level of service. I edited my previous comment, to avoid tainting the good reputation of RC-KleinKram.

This was to get some MX78224 bodies, I'll get them straight from MIX-RC next time, they seem to be more involved with the 1:10 pan car classes!

Thanks for the links, I was looking at Manis RC Shop, I'll check the others out, see if they have any other stuff that strikes my fancy.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

BTW: Our bodies will be available in the US within the next weeks via RocheRCUSA.com.

Jo
Excited to see the bodies..
.. And get them mounted up on the forthcoming Roche Rapide P10W
Old 08-23-2016, 04:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was mistaken, I meant MRT RC Shop! I eventually did get my items, after 4 months and some prodding by email, but I did not appreciate this poor level of service. I edited my previous comment, to avoid tainting the good reputation of RC-KleinKram.

This was to get some MX78224 bodies, I'll get them straight from MIX-RC next time, they seem to be more involved with the 1:10 pan car classes!

Thanks for the links, I was looking at Manis RC Shop, I'll check the others out, see if they have any other stuff that strikes my fancy.
Damn, another customer screwed by MRT-RC Shop, that sucks

If you are looking for Pro10 bodies, Mix-RC is the best choice (and the widest): Johannes offers very good customer support and is super reactive (everything through email)!
Old 08-23-2016, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

If you are looking for Pro10 bodies, Mix-RC is the best choice (and the widest): Johannes offers very good customer support and is super reactive (everything through email)!
I'm currently still only in 200mm (but highly interested in 235mm!), and my interests are in "non-WGT" bodies (if I wanted to race touring cars, I'd race touring cars! ).

My favourite body is the MIX 78224, as BRCA GT10 rules require a split wing, but I'm interested in experimenting with higher powered indoor setups (modified motors, integrated wings, higher downforce bodies, etc), probably keeping it to 200mm (which seems more reasonable for indoors, and there's a good number floating around). So I think Mix-RC might get an order or two from me.

But I'm thinking of switching to the Roche P10 (from the Xray X10'16), and there's the P10W coming, might just get the pair of them...
Old 08-23-2016, 05:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mix and Mon-Tech both have 200mm GTP styled shells

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.