19 Turn Spec Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19 Turn Spec Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Ok... need some advice on gearing a C2. At the local track most guys running 48p in a TC4 are gearing around a 28T pinion with the stock 72T spur.

The track is pretty small, with a straight around 80-90ft.

How many teeth would you recommend i go down from the quads?

I have yet to race the thing, and have spent most of my track time practicing, therefore running the motor alot longer than I would in a race. (Gets real hot if ya run it even with a 24T pinion for 10+ mins)

With the 24T its pretty close in speed to the race geared quad mags, though I am still accelerating when its time to back off for the turn.

Should I go to a 23T or lower? or should I just see how hot she gets in my first qualifier? +)
Old 02-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 90ft. straight!

Originally posted by MartynD
Ok... need some advice on gearing a C2. At the local track most guys running 48p in a TC4 are gearing around a 28T pinion with the stock 72T spur.

The track is pretty small, with a straight around 80-90ft.

How many teeth would you recommend i go down from the quads?

I have yet to race the thing, and have spent most of my track time practicing, therefore running the motor alot longer than I would in a race. (Gets real hot if ya run it even with a 24T pinion for 10+ mins)

With the 24T its pretty close in speed to the race geared quad mags, though I am still accelerating when its time to back off for the turn.

Should I go to a 23T or lower? or should I just see how hot she gets in my first qualifier? +)

I wouldn't necessarily call 90 ft straight a small track but my final gear ratio was around 5.8 and motor temp was around 165 Deg/
F.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gearing!

I forgot to mention this was a C2 motor!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

well... what I call 90ft straight is actually a U shape heh.

Ok I guess I shall have to experiment and time my practice runs. With the 28T pinion and poor batteries I could run 10 mins and not get the motor warm... now I finally have decent batteries and I can run for 10-15 mins and solder with the motor can! heh
Old 02-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default loose magnet fix?

One of the magnets in my Reedy 19 spec is loose on the mount side & rubs slightly on the arm.(not good) I can push it in to stop the ugly clicking noise but it doesn't take much for it to pop out of place again. Is there a fix? Thanks,Jay.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Jay,
You could try a thin layer of JB Weld behind the magnet to hold it in place. Just make sure you use a thin layer as to not bow out the mag when it dries. Hopr this helps.