Wiki Posts
Search

so can anybody help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default so can anybody help

i just put a slydr esc and 8.5 motor in my b4. just cause they didnt have a gtb system rmf that wasnt spread spectrum. but i have what seems like an interference problem. it does it for both 27 and 75 Mhz. its when i hit the throttle sometimes it turns sharp right and i have no control till it feels like stopping half a second later. and also when i hit the gas, slowly, it jumps full throttle for a split second then back down. i dunno weather or not i should try my friends 2.4ghz system in it and see if it goes away. i even twisted the 3 wires goin to the motor to help cut down that noise. i just need some opinions.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds like it might be related to voltage drop on power.

How are your batteries? If they are old or poor quality they may be struggling to give enough voltage when the extra power of the brushless comes in.

Also give all your wiring a good going over to check for damage and make sure the antenna runs up through the tube.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sosidge

How are your batteries? If they are old or poor quality they may be struggling to give enough voltage when the extra power of the brushless comes in.

Also give all your wiring a good going over to check for damage and make sure the antenna runs up through the tube.
i have. the batteries are pretty bad.. maybe when i get my lipo charged (godda borrow friends lipo charger lol) then it will be better? cause i was using really bad 3300 mah nimh pack. could that voltage drop really be the problem?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

fully charged the nimh 3300 pack. the voltage drop under load is only .2 - .4 volts so it is at about 6.8 - 7 volts under load. i really dont know what else it could be
Old 07-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Man---- I had the same exact problem with a new Havoc 8.5. Turns out this was caused by my steering servo. I had read somewhere certain servos send backfeed current that causes a bec glitch and has nothing to do with radio. I put a different brand servo in my Losi MF1 and all is well now.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sosidge

I had a very similar problem when I put a new ESC in my ride too. It was a voltage drop. I was running NiMh 4200's and every time I got on the throttle the car would pull right and cut out for 10 to 20 seconds.
Turned out there was a setting on the ESC for either NiMh or lipo and it was set as default to lipo. This caused the ESC to think it had more power available and when it drew the power the problem occurred.

After I got some help from the guys at the track and changed the setting (20 seconds to fix) I haven't had this issue since.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

i dont think this one has different settings, but ill deffiniatly check it out when i get the new one, so i godda see if theres a lipo setting, and if the steering servo has anything to do with it!! thanks
Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fr0z3nfr0g
i don't think this one has different settings, but ill definitely check it out when i get the new one, so i godda see if theres a lipo setting, and if the steering servo has anything to do with it!! thanks
Check for a Lipo setting. But it's not whether or not the steering servo has anything to do w/ it. It's the fact that (for mine) with the setting wrong the ESC would dump too much power and cause a loss of power to the receiver. That's what will cause an erratic sudden turn and loss of throttle.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

i read the manual, nothing about different settings. but i think ill try the servo. cause the car would just full throttle and turn, not like it turned off. maybe just the reciever turned off