Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 12:41 PM
TLRacing

Bink-The chrome ball stud is LOSA6008. The black ones are LOSA6000. The chrome ball stud lowers your ballstud about .030 which will give you less camber gain the front which results in less steering. The black ball stud is higher which will give you more steering when used in the front.

impactplayr-Kind of....the one main difference with the gas truck is the weight of the engine which causes the back of the truck to roll more. Try Adam Drake's standard setup that is located on the TL website...it is truely the best.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:46 PM
TLRacing

rcman-With the smaller tires you will have to unscrew the shock end to get more travel out of the car. I do this all them time with smaller tires.

lozi-Try weighting your pullies....you can find set screws that you can screw into the holes of the pullies which gives you a flywheel effect when you let off the throttle. Only problem is it may hurt torque since you have to spin more weight now. You can test with this and see what works the best for you...you may only need a few set screws to get the right feel.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Todd,

Can you recomend a good starting setup for outdoors on a large 8th scale track in Scotland for my xxxsg+ using rubber tyres(take offs) and using 19 t motors with reasonably good grip.
I have tried the standard setup and went from there but i feel that I have gone too far in every direction as the car does not seem to be right. I like to run a spool.

PLEASE can you help LOSI GOD.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Drake set-up

Todd- the problem is I am running my NT on a semi-smooth small-medium sized dirt oval.... should the Drake set-up still be pretty good... I am mainly concerned with what changes do what..... and I don't want to hog up the entire on-road section with off-road questions....

I took a look at a fellow racers truck on Sat. and I don't really wanna follow his lead because the truck looked to be sprung too softly and his ride height was far too low for my liking.......
Old 04-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Todd-I finally got to drive a XXXS again-but this time with the Black belt in it and new pullies-All I can say is WOW!!

Also-just bought a MF truck. Do you guys have any data on how much quicker the MF2 is-no other changes? Is it a tenth or something crazy like 1 second per lap?
Old 04-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

todd,

for tire diamiter?, what sizes do u run when the tires are 28mm and fresh from the box?? on a losi

thanks lazyboy
Old 04-26-2004, 09:44 PM
TLRacing

BryanD-Email me at [email protected] and I will forward you some of the setups Spashett has given me.

impact-I am here to help anyone with any question so don't worry about that. You can start there and see what it does. You may want to go out on the arm on the rear to get more corner speed on the oval. A softer spring may helps also.

ray-Its about time . j/k!! yea we have really improved the drivetrain as you can see. I really feel the car is super competitive against any other car out there in the stock division. You watch Ray Darroch run the car and its unbelievable....so when are you gonna start running a TL car??

lazyboy-I start all my tires at 58mm.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Todd, Josh Numan and I had a really good run together in 19 turn at RC Heat yesterday. He got me by 2 sec at the end.

What do you think about running a very tight diff in front with steel outdrives compared to an all out spool?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Todd,

Do you happen to have Hodapp's setup from the Speedworld Cup last year?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:09 PM
TLRacing

jkerr-Running a front diff will make the car easier to drive with a bit more steering. The only problem is that you will not get that forward rip out of the turn.

James-Not sure....email me at [email protected]. If I do I will forward it onto you.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So will these new TRC BBS style rims come with all popular tire compounds on them??

is the TRC marble going to be released?

Later EddieO
Old 04-28-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it would be nice if they would stop IT WITH THE DARN BLACK WHEELS whywhywhywhywhywhy do they make them so ugly!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh I am sure its all about the type of plastic but c-mon. make the white wheels again!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Really? I would take black wheels over white ones any day. Just my personal preference.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Setting Droop w/ Spacers

Hi Todd, what size limiters should I use in the shocks if I'm using spacers to adjust droop? It looks like probably .030 would do the trick front and back. Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.