Wiki Posts
Search

my new ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default my new ride

hello everyone im new to the on road side of the hobby, iv been racing off-road for quite some time. i just got this in a trade as it is my first on-road car to own, i just fitted it with these electronics to go for the first run, my question is what turn bl motor shoud i run to be somewhat competitive all the ones i have are for my 4wd buggy wich are 9t on down to 4t, and i think that will be to much, also will foam tires be better then these stocks?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That looks fun! Easy does it on the Futaba stickers though.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

LOL i just realized them thats how they were when i got it, i just ordered a new clear one to paint with the same theme as all my other RC's
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

It depends on what motor the guys are running at your local track. I would ask them what they are running along with their gearing and go from there.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JATOdriver
LOL i just realized them thats how they were when i got it, i just ordered a new clear one to paint with the same theme as all my other RC's
I hear ya there... I got a green lexus body for my TC and it had all kinds of stuff on it. I stripped on the stickers, cut the lexus stickers to make it more of my own "brand" so to speak and it turned out nice. Some people just figure they want to use ALL the stickers with a body when they get it, but not me. Great lookin ride though. Should be lots of fun!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

O you didnt hear? Stickers ad hourse power, yea they just did research on it, 100hp per sticker.LOL
Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

there we go cleaned up, just removed 12 futaba stickers and polished the body with car wax, LOOKS BETTER

Old 07-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

looks cool...on the inside

what chassis is that ?

and how do you put the battery in ? it seems that it is supposed to go transversally but you decided to install it à la f104 but i don't see how you slip it between the top deck/ESC/rx/servo without un mounting anything. Velcro under the esc maybe ?

have fun, this should be nice on carpet! the cheap brushed setup seems perfect for the kind of power needed, i like that

Last edited by heretic; 07-06-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

ok I get it , you remove the top deck with the beta clips, sorry for the stoopid question.

the 20 turn silvercan seems more than appropriate to me... but i you really need to go BL then 21.5 to 13.5 will be fine. Really, just give it a try like this.

foams give you a lot more grip but then your ride height, rollout etc keeps moving and that becomes really annoying. So my best advice would be to use these rubber tires with 30 minutes of additive on the rear, 100% of the surface of the tire, and 15 minutes on the front tires on the inner half of the tire.

also clean the tires between each run with the additive itself or wd40.

have fun
Old 07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

also, adjust your steering dualrate to 50 60 70%... this could be a great driving school, I love the concept of rubber tire pan cars like the f103 gt.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

what additive are you talking about, in the offroad world we just soak em in dawn and water between races, im new to the on road side of the RC world so please excuse the simple questions
Old 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

what additive are you talking about, in the offroad world we just soak em in dawn and water between races, im new to the on road side of the RC world so please excuse the simple questions
As in additive he means traction compound. Paragon, SXT, Acute Asphalt, and Buggy Grip are just a few of the many. What this does is it breaks the rubber up providing more grip.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

yea, the stock ones seem like they would be ok on carpet, mabey some of the additive will help out, they just seem HARD ill order some foams and have them too, how much of a ride hight difference is it?
Old 07-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

yea, the stock ones seem like they would be ok on carpet, mabey some of the additive will help out, they just seem HARD ill order some foams and have them too, how much of a ride hight difference is it?
Im not sure the difference stock but foam tires wear quickly so you have to true them to keep them even and from chunking
Old 07-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
looks cool...on the inside

what chassis is that ?

and how do you put the battery in ? it seems that it is supposed to go transversally but you decided to install it à la f104 but i don't see how you slip it between the top deck/ESC/rx/servo without un mounting anything. Velcro under the esc maybe ?

have fun, this should be nice on carpet! the cheap brushed setup seems perfect for the kind of power needed, i like that
Its a Duratrax Delphi. I used to have one. You can mount the battery in transverse or longitude fashion. The upper deck can be lifted simply by removing a bodyclip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.