Wiki Posts
Search

10.5T motors aggregated informations - specifications and comparison

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 10.5T motors aggregated informations - specifications and comparison

I've been searching for such thread like this, but have found nothing. This thread isn't about best 10.5T motor.

I would like to put together comparisons under specific conditions and specifications of as many as possible 10.5T motors.
If there are guys with dyno results from tuned motors post them here as well.

I don't want to have dimension specs here, just kV, power, final drive ratio used for this motor and maybe diameter of rotor.
Also if you can compare different motors, then write down conditions you've tested them and which was better in which aspects.

Also if you've got experience with extreme timing on esc like with LRP SPX or Tekin R1 Pro, please post your FDR, track description and esc setting.

Thank you all. I hope it'll help many people trying to search informations.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Vector X11 10.5 T Brushless Stock Spec

Vector X11 10.5 T Brushless Stock Spec

Power: 255W
Specific rpm/volt, kV: 3.800
Rotor diameter: 12.3mm
Old 06-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hacker E40 10.5T

Hacker E40 10.5T

Power: 400W (peak - by manufacturer)
Specific rpm/volt, kV: 3.080
Rotor diameter: n/a
Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Team Novak SS10.5 PRO

Team Novak SS10.5 PRO

Power: 235W
Specific rpm/volt, kV: 4.200
Rotor diameter: n/a
Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm not sure this will work if you use the manufactures ratings. You say 235W for the novak and 400W for the hacker. Yet in big races in Australia where 10.5 is the most contested and competative class, Novak 10.s's are the motor showing the best results. People could argue all they like at which is better but there is no way the haker is 70% more powerfull then the novak.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, that's why I started this thread. It's hard to find out anything from spec sheets. If someone has dyno results of these motors - I'll replace manufacturer specs with these.

To power comparision between Hacker and Novak - I've got same feeling. But we need to start with something. I belive that soon we will have more accurate informations.

To your experience with novak - what kind of tracks you run at, what esc do you use, which else motors you've tested? Thank you.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lochness42
To your experience with novak - what kind of tracks you run at, what esc do you use, which else motors you've tested? Thank you.
LRP SPX Stock Spec with Novak 10.5 seems to be the most proven combination especially on medium to open tracks.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
I'm not sure this will work if you use the manufactures ratings. You say 235W for the novak and 400W for the hacker. Yet in big races in Australia where 10.5 is the most contested and competative class, Novak 10.s's are the motor showing the best results. People could argue all they like at which is better but there is no way the haker is 70% more powerfull then the novak.
Yes it has a lot off W but that doesn't say the speed of the motor.
When it has a high W it has a lot of power when your gear it heavier.
The Novak is a RPM motor. when you gear it lighter you will reach more top speed.
W says notting about the speed. look ad the rpm/volt, kV.
That will say more.
I don't now what it is from a Tekin redline motor but the W is quit low and the rpm/volt, kV is high. You will see the difference with how to gear the motors.
The lighter you must gear the motor, the more rpm/volt, kV it has.
That the LRP is good, is because it has a good average.
On a large track the Tekin and the Novak are by far the fastest motors there are. On a smaller track the difference will be smaller.

I drive now a LRP X11 10,5T but this sunday i'm using a Tekin redline 10,5T.
I'm going to set my Tekin RS Pro on max boost and the motor on 4 timing.
And i will try the FDR ad about 5,2 to 5,3
The Tekin has a lot of power with a lot of boost and less motor timing. Best acceleration i have got by all my motors.
On our track the Speedpassion motor is fast but on the big tracks it's the slowest motor.
Top speed about 68KM/H wile a tekin goes with the same speedo 77,1KM/H.

The tekin 10,5T hat also the lightest FDR of 4,5.
It was used with a SPX.
The GM120 drivers were using a FDR of 3,8.
The driver was getting a lighter FDR each time he hath to race. He told me that the motor went faster and faster. so i belief that as he goes lighter that the top speed was even higher.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

mikky thank you for your input.
Do you have kV spec of Tekin? I haven't found anything on their site.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lochness42
mikky thank you for your input.
Do you have kV spec of Tekin? I haven't found anything on their site.
No i have asked it. I hope that they will give it.

What i found out that on a smaller track the motors a very close to each other.
Only on the very big tracks there is some difference.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Good thread, but the new speedos have a bigger impact on performance than the motors.

I recently switched from an LRP TC spec and vector 10.5 "stock spec" to a SPX "stock spec" and novak SS. I melted down two of the SS's with this combo, but it was much faster than the TC spec, and with awesome brakes. I borrowed another SS off a friend, finally got the gearing to work out and went really well with it. The mate needed that motor back, so jaded by the AUD$300 I'd spent on melted novaks, I bought a new vector 10.5. It runs hotter than the novak, and the brakes aren't as good (I had to turn the initial brake up on the ESC to slow it down), but I matched the lap times with the novak. I prefer the way the novak felt, but ultimately both motors are the same

... sorry for the waffle, that's just my experience with two of the most popular 10.5s
Old 06-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
Good thread, but the new speedos have a bigger impact on performance than the motors.

I recently switched from an LRP TC spec and vector 10.5 "stock spec" to a SPX "stock spec" and novak SS. I melted down two of the SS's with this combo, but it was much faster than the TC spec, and with awesome brakes. I borrowed another SS off a friend, finally got the gearing to work out and went really well with it. The mate needed that motor back, so jaded by the AUD$300 I'd spent on melted novaks, I bought a new vector 10.5. It runs hotter than the novak, and the brakes aren't as good (I had to turn the initial brake up on the ESC to slow it down), but I matched the lap times with the novak. I prefer the way the novak felt, but ultimately both motors are the same

... sorry for the waffle, that's just my experience with two of the most popular 10.5s
Yes that is true but i found on the big tracks bigger differences with the same speedo.
On the smaller tracks the difference is a lot smaller.
Only thing is, is that we have here more bigger tracks.

still i have seen the novak 10,5T vs the x11 10,5T and the novak was faster at the indoor track.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

We need to get rid of the manufacturers specs and get someone with a dyno to repeat the tests in the same conditions.
It's a bit like the 'C' ratings on Lipo packs....they mean absolutely f*** all.

Skiddins
Old 06-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's all very interesting, but it's as much use a leg warmers to a snake!

Performance is a balance of so many things. Just think of road cars.

Car A has 200hp and car B has 150hp. Which is faster?

OK, car A weighs 1 ton, and Car B weighs 700kg. Which is faster?

Ah, but Car A has an FDR of 4.3, and Car B has an FDR of 4.1. Which is faster?

Hang on a sec, Car A has a petrol engine, and Car B has a diesel. Which is faster?

See what I mean? I have a 16 month-old LRP X11 10.5 motor, and it's never been seriously beaten for speed. However, I've bought three speedos in the same time to keep it that fast!

By all means go ahead and get all the numbers you like. All I'm saying is that will not lead you to the fastest motor for any situation. It's just data, and it's not information. Worst of all, it's not experience. As the old saying goes...

Data - this is a tomato.
Information - a tomato is a fruit.
Experience - you don't put tomato in a fruit salad.

Have fun!!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Remember when they said brushless would level the playing field, no tuning or differences between motors, and speed controls wouldn't matter anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.