R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   1s Lipo Battery Options?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/302140-1s-lipo-battery-options.html)

nashrcracer 06-25-2009 09:54 PM

thanks for the update ruben.
I was thinking on getting the trakpower. what would your thought be on roar allowing me to run just one of the saddle cells for 3.7 not as a roar rep but as a informed racer. as for the size yes it won't fit under a shock but I'm not fitting it under a shock I'm putting it all on one side of the car and then the speedo on the other. this puts more of my weight futher back in the car. and yes it will fit under a 12th body it's no taller then a single 4600 round cell might even be shorter. it's form factor puts the weight back in the place that it needs to be. in the battery slots instead of spreading it out to the front of the car like the SMC pack does with it's 4cell length. it's all about balance and if these idiots that keep telling me that it doesn't matter either get a clue or are just trying to blow sponsor smoke up my yang would listen they would understand that it makes a difference. so what if the car balanced with a 4000 smc it won't be if I run a 5000 fantom pack in it. I was thinking on getting the 3200 which would be more then enough power to run 8 minutes in 12th but it would be just as easy to get the 4800 and run it. as I could probably run 2 club racers before a recharge easy.

as for the trinity 6000 it's not roar legal so that is not an option. 5200 max I believe. correct me if I'm wrong ruben cus I have been before.

Scott B 06-25-2009 09:59 PM

Nash, if you already plan to run the 1cell on one side and electrics on the other why don't you just get one of the currently available ROAR approved 1cell packs??:confused::confused:

Gavin Creado 06-26-2009 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by nashrcracer (Post 5987116)
I was thinking on getting the trakpower. what would your thought be on roar allowing me to run just one of the saddle cells for 3.7 not as a roar rep but as a informed racer. as for the size yes it won't fit under a shock but I'm not fitting it under a shock I'm putting it all on one side of the car and then the speedo on the other. this puts more of my weight futher back in the car. and yes it will fit under a 12th body it's no taller then a single 4600 round cell might even be shorter. it's form factor puts the weight back in the place that it needs to be. in the battery slots instead of spreading it out to the front of the car like the SMC pack does with it's 4cell length. it's all about balance and if these idiots that keep telling me that it doesn't matter either get a clue or are just trying to blow sponsor smoke up my yang would listen they would understand that it makes a difference. so what if the car balanced with a 4000 smc it won't be if I run a 5000 fantom pack in it. I was thinking on getting the 3200 which would be more then enough power to run 8 minutes in 12th but it would be just as easy to get the 4800 and run it. as I could probably run 2 club racers before a recharge easy.

as for the trinity 6000 it's not roar legal so that is not an option. 5200 max I believe. correct me if I'm wrong ruben cus I have been before.

Nash, we should have some concrete information on our 1S saddle pack over the next couple of weeks. Hoping for end July release.

Nexus Racing 06-26-2009 07:00 AM

The Trakpower 20C's are not terribly quick, especially when you consider all the newer packs coming out...that's why we quit carrying them. All about balance might not be the best strategy for you this time around...you'll probably lose the ptA to ptB battle every time - especially since everyone running the class will probably switch to either the TP 5000 or SMC4900 (if it is legal in time) at or before the race. Let's not forget that SMC hampered the 4000's performance intentionally to keep it small and help build the class.

I haven't tried the new SMC4900 or the TP5000 single cells yet, but I can imagine that they'll be plenty quicker around the track whether I'm 20g off balance or not.

schurcr 06-26-2009 08:08 AM

Nash ....... I've seen with my own 2 eyes a t-bar car with an SMC 25c on one side and the electronics on the other and the car balanced out and still had to have over 25 gr of ballast weight added to make min weight. He didn't even swap the servo to move the weight. He's using a standard spektrum receiver not the mini and LRP TC Spec controller. Does it work? Yes it does. There are a lot more people out there doing this.

As far as using the half of a saddle pack. It won't happen in ROAR rules under this watch. The 1S brick we have puts everyone on the same playing field just like the 2S brick. BTW ..... there are no capacity limits in ROAR lipo battery rules. Just case sizes intended to limit the theoretical capacity limits. Changing the form factor or allowing different form factors could have adverse effects in chassis design. We don't want a specific form factor dictating future chassis designs. This is a huge concern for all the chassis mfrs I've discussed this with and they are all concerned with a saddle pack or changed configuration making their current or future chassis obsolete.

Nash ..... just get a 1s brick, balance the car and try it. You might be surprised how well the car works. I know of a few stock super stock national caliber drivers that refuse to give up their T-bar cars and are running 1s very successfully. I also know of a few national caliber drivers that were T-bar die hard's that have gone the way of a link car. Be a little more open minded and give it a shot.

timmay70 06-26-2009 08:30 AM

That will be tough for Nash, Ruben, he still hasn't given up on big hair music...
Just think, tights, spandex, and lipstick on men, and t-bars... :)

schurcr 06-26-2009 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by timmay70 (Post 5988544)
That will be tough for Nash, Ruben, he still hasn't given up on big hair music...
Just think, tights, spandex, and lipstick on men, and t-bars... :)

:eek::eek::eek::eek: ....... please .... that's a visual no one needed ...... rock on Nash .... in the privacy of your own home please..lol:eek::eek:

nashrcracer 06-26-2009 10:22 AM

not sure about the lipstick part but Ratt ruled the world in the 80s! round and round baby!

and I did pretty good with a tplate at the carpet nats.

nashrcracer 07-02-2009 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado (Post 5987959)
Nash, we should have some concrete information on our 1S saddle pack over the next couple of weeks. Hoping for end July release.

I'll be first in line to buy one!!!!!

alf.skaar 07-03-2009 12:48 AM

I agree with you, i want to run a 69x47x23.5mm from a split saddle pack to.
the link friendly lipos 1 s Is not made for t-bar cars
you will get to much weight to fare forward, the battery Is to long

92x46.5x18.5 Thunder Power 5000mAh 1S Lipo
69x47x23.5mm Nosram / LRP split from a saddle pack

Alf :)
Norway

alf.skaar 07-03-2009 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by schurcr (Post 5988489)
Nash ....... I've seen with my own 2 eyes a t-bar car with an SMC 25c on one side and the electronics on the other and the car balanced out and still had to have over 25 gr of ballast weight added to make min weight. He didn't even swap the servo to move the weight. He's using a standard spektrum receiver not the mini and LRP TC Spec controller. Does it work? Yes it does. There are a lot more people out there doing this.

As far as using the half of a saddle pack. It won't happen in ROAR rules under this watch. The 1S brick we have puts everyone on the same playing field just like the 2S brick. BTW ..... there are no capacity limits in ROAR lipo battery rules. Just case sizes intended to limit the theoretical capacity limits. Changing the form factor or allowing different form factors could have adverse effects in chassis design. We don't want a specific form factor dictating future chassis designs. This is a huge concern for all the chassis mfrs I've discussed this with and they are all concerned with a saddle pack or changed configuration making their current or future chassis obsolete.

Nash ..... just get a 1s brick, balance the car and try it. You might be surprised how well the car works. I know of a few stock super stock national caliber drivers that refuse to give up their T-bar cars and are running 1s very successfully. I also know of a few national caliber drivers that were T-bar die hard's that have gone the way of a link car. Be a little more open minded and give it a shot.

Many off us are "open minded" but we want to run t-bar cars, with
the ROAR rule off one cell lipo size 92x46.5x18.5 long lipo you are
forcing people to move to link cars, IF IT WAS NOT FOR T-BAR CARS
WE WILL NOT HAVE 12 SCALE TODAY

Alf

Scott B 07-03-2009 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by alf.skaar (Post 6018599)
Many off us are "open minded" but we want to run t-bar cars, with
the ROAR rule off one cell lipo size 92x46.5x18.5 long lipo you are
forcing people to move to link cars, IF IT WAS NOT FOR T-BAR CARS
WE WILL NOT HAVE 12 SCALE TODAY

Alf

Well if your "Open Minded" then you would realize that you can mount a single cell lipo on one side and the electronics on the other. And it will balance with a little work and be on weight.:weird:

Besides its not ROAR or and other sanctioning body that aren't allowing a saddle single cell saddle for T-bar cars its the manufactures NOT making them becasuse they feel it's not cost effective.

alf.skaar 07-03-2009 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Scott B (Post 6018669)
Well if your "Open Minded" then you would realize that you can mount a single cell lipo on one side and the electronics on the other. And it will balance with a little work and be on weight.:weird:

Besides its not ROAR or and other sanctioning body that aren't allowing a saddle single cell saddle for T-bar cars its the manufactures NOT making them becasuse they feel it's not cost effective.

What do you do when you can not balance the car
when the car is to heavy on one side ? du to a big battery.

and you get to much weight forward with the long lipo.

1 cell saddle pack for t-bar cars

I want to make a 1 cell lipo saddle pack that is the same size as two sub C cells
and run them in parallel, and they are going to fit all t-bar cars and link
cars as today market, and then you can run both sub c and lipos in the same
car.

and It will balanse out perfect.

Alf :nod:

nashrcracer 07-31-2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Scott B (Post 6018669)

I call BS on that I am at 765 just to make the car balanced with the smc 4000 pack I hate to see how much I have to add to run a 5000 pack

nashrcracer 08-03-2009 08:36 PM

I tried 5 different ways of mounting my speedo with the added 15 grams that I need to make 735. 5 grams over for tire wear. went through half a roll of dbl stick. I put the weigh under the speedo moved the transponder on top of the battery booster and I could not get the car balanced it was still 20 to 30 grams light on the front left wheel. so I put everything back to 4 cell mode and balanced out to 5 grams off in the front although I was using the dsm micro receiver instead of my normal airtronics so that should bring it up to par. back to 870 pig. I don't know how you guys are getting the car balanced out but I cann't do it with a 4000mah smc I can only imagine how hard it would be to balance a 5000 pack. are you all just living with the out of balance front end or can you really get it balanced.

ps the 4000smc is 120grams
spx micro dsm novak battery booster and transponder and 15 grams still don't bring it up to 80 grams