Wiki Posts
Search

Endurance Race

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Endurance Race

Have any of you put on an endurance race before? Our local track is thinking about running an one hour team endurance race.

If you have run one before what rules did you go by?

Should 12th scales be allowed to run with touring?

Should motors all be stock or run what you brung?

Old 12-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have run in a 2 hour enduro hosted by our local club. The rules were pretty simple. The enduro was open to touring cars only. 3 man teams running one car. Stock motors only. Each driver had to drive an equal amount of time, no allowing your "pro" driver to run most of the distance. The club provided the bodies for the race, every team had the same body painted in their choice of color. You could make as many pitstops as you wanted. The way the club kept track of driving time was to require that each driver did all their track time in one stint, (each driver ran for 40 mins. of the 2 hours all at once.) It was a lot of fun.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

JSJ Racing, Try private messaging MDawson here on RcTech? He was in a Tamiya endurance race last year finishing very good.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Legend

Trcr in Tacoma Washington just ran a 10 hr enduro...

5 man teams with one off-road truck each....

*we ran stock arms in modiflied cans ( p2k in Ti can)
* each driver ran 1 hr than handed over the car over to the next teammate...
* pit stops to switch battery`s.....No quick change device allowed, except plugs on the battery`s....

the winning team ran the same motor for 10 hrs !

It waz a blast !
do it.......
Old 12-29-2003, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default my thoughts

it will be better to see who reach 200 laps first!

a team is comprised of 2 racers, 2 cars.(can be 3 racers with their own kits) but maybe 250 laps.
any motor will be allowed, any 6 cell pack is allowed.
no spare car for each driver and drivers canonly drive their own car.

No marshalling, team mates willmarshall one another.

first to reach 200 wins!!

Lemans style races does not necesarrily depend on the motor, more of battery management and how long you can stay in the track, and having a clean run! that's what is important
and pan cars must be in another group.

Its a nice experience, but a team must use only one tronsponder for it to be better. and tip!!! bring a fan for the team to keep the motors cool after each run!!!

Lem
Old 12-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Legend

two hundred laps ain`t long enought.

We were making a lap every 18 sec.....

I know running the car for two hr`s is no big deal, thats why we went ten hours, that 9th hr waz where many discovered problems..... i feel a on-road sedan could do ten hr`s easy , well at least some sedans could do it. (Ae)Tc-3

A production car of just about any make will run 2 hr`s...

note, the extra prep needed to run ten hr`s is part of the fun......
Old 12-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

We ran a 24h race two years ago, and was an awesome experience, all the people got with the inscription a control chassis, tires, wheels, inserts, body and motor, and you must finish the car and put your electronics on it before the race start!!! , then 24h of intense racing
Old 12-30-2003, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we just had a 4 hour enduro here in sydney, (4 per team)

lots of fun,
Old 12-30-2003, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

In Germany their is allways a very fun 24h race. A few years back they had the following rules:
- I think 6 drivers per team.
- 17x2 motor.
- Stock Tamiya FF01 car with same body (Beetle) and ball bearings, everything included in entry fee.
- Car had to be assembled at the track (diff's and shocks were pre mounted and the same for everyone).
- All cars where the same and no preparation.

Now they use a factory assembled HPI Sprint with a Groupner motor with built in fan that is as fast as a stock motor and stays cool (closed endbell).
Old 12-30-2003, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: my thoughts

If you run an enduro race , which I have before .. 200 laps is short..I ran 339 laps in 1 1/2 hours .. so youll have to up the laps. should be Three man crew., One Car Per team if you run that short of an Enduro.... IT'S Still alot of fun.....
Originally posted by lem2
it will be better to see who reach 200 laps first!

a team is comprised of 2 racers, 2 cars.(can be 3 racers with their own kits) but maybe 250 laps.
any motor will be allowed, any 6 cell pack is allowed.
no spare car for each driver and drivers canonly drive their own car.

No marshalling, team mates willmarshall one another.

first to reach 200 wins!!

Lemans style races does not necesarrily depend on the motor, more of battery management and how long you can stay in the track, and having a clean run! that's what is important
and pan cars must be in another group.

Its a nice experience, but a team must use only one tronsponder for it to be better. and tip!!! bring a fan for the team to keep the motors cool after each run!!!

Lem
Old 12-30-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

I've run three different enduro races. One with nitro touring cars and the other two with micros. The Funny Four Hours of Raytona was the killer nitro event. Three man teams, three cars, one transponder per team. Run as fast as you can for four hours and see who has the most laps. The other two races were the Micro 500 and Micro 1000. Take the same three man teams and three micros, with one transponder and run them till the first team reaches 500 or 1000 laps. Any micro chassis was allowed but everybody had to run the same motor. Which in the case of the 500 and 1000 was the HPI mod motor.
Now I'm getting ready for the Oval Endurance Challenge with two man teams and one transponder. More info can be found here: http://www.sixfoottiger.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=820

Last edited by Flash Gordan; 12-30-2003 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

On July 28, 2002 at Santa Clara, Ca. Rams Club ran a 8 hr Enduro Nitro. 8 scale, 1 car, 1 body, 4 man team, turn marshal your own team. My car and team took 1st place. STLM Racing team. We did 1,136 laps. It was a blast, and lot of fun. My team had drove the car for 20 minutes, and so on........