Search

Building a 125+ mph onroad

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Building a 125+ mph onroad

Hey girls,

Just thought id try and get a few insights on my most recent project. Ive owned numerous nitro onroads, and only ever built them for speed, but its become apparent that if i want to go any faster... i need to go brushless.

Im not trying to break any records, but i want to be the fastest down at the local track
Basically i was looking at a couple of different chassis' to build it on. I was considering just a normal chassis such as a TC5, a T2 or a cyclone, or possibly a more suited chassis like one of these:
http://www.rcplanet.com/Custom_Works...p/cswc0916.htm

I am going to run a mamba monster max esc, to allow me to run 6s lipos, and will most likely be running zippy lipos.
Motor wise, depending on prices, i was willing to go up to a neu motor, or possibly drop down to a medusa, havent really decided as yet.

All i want out of this thread is really some suggestions on chassis', batteries, motors/esc's, gearing etc. Im sort of new to the electric industry so dont get too technical with me please

Thanks for any help in advance
Cheers
Old 05-11-2009, 11:10 AM
SKJ
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Ask Nic Case, he holds the ISC speed record at 160+mph. try this link http://www.rc-isc.com/index.html
Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
HzR
Tech Rookie

I know you said you don't want to break any records, but you still might want to check out Fast RC fastrc.blogspot. com
Lots of fast cars, might give you some good idea what is possible and what not.