Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reciever Question!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Reciever Question!

Hello, I just baught an Airtronics MX3 radio (seems to be a great intermediate radio!) and it only comes with one reciever...and I was wondering if I have to have an airtronics reciever in my other cars to use the radio or can I use like Futaba recievers?

Aaron
Old 12-16-2003, 04:24 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

From what I know any receiver will work as long as its the same band and frequency....am/fm and 27/40/75mhz.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

It should work fine In any case it wont hurt anything to try it out. The only exception would be the KO Propo radios that use high speed recievers, and even they work but are limited to the speed of the reciever used.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think a different reciever might work, but you would have to buy that companies crystals too. As far as I know JR and Airtronics crystals are the same, so the reciever should work as well. It is the same with Hitec single conv. and Futaba crystals. All AM crystals are the same but alot of FM are different.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

I use futaba recivers with my m8 with no problems I have also seen people use perty much everything else. I know when switching recivers your crystals may not work (I have a sanwa reciver that uses strange crystals and is very picky) you may have to get another brand. and like P2 said band (27,40,75) am or fm and pcm or non pcm all have to match.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

I think that everything will work with each other, if not we would not get interference from others drivers with the same frequency.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

I'm using an KO Presto with an Hitec RX. I was recommended to use the KO crystals, which I'm doing. It works fine.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default Re: Reciever Question!

There are compatibility issues with FM radios and you are always better off using the same brand transmitter and receiver.

There are some instances where you can purchase an aftermarket FM receiver that will work with your transmitter. Airtronics uses a positive shift signal where Futaba/Hitec use negatrive shift so you cannot mix these brands together.

Your Airtronics MX-3 FM transmitter will work with the following assuming you are on 75mHz;

1) Novak Mercury
2) Novak XXL (must buy the Sanwa/Airtronics version)
3) Hitec HFS-03MM (universal)
4) Novak Xxtra (synthasized = no crystal)
5) JR RS300 (synthasized = no crystal)

To use these receivers with your transmitter you must use the Airtronics single conversion FM receiver crystal to match the one in your transmitter. Exceptions are the two synthasized receivers.

If you have a 27mHz FM transmitter the list is pretty much the same as the Novak receivers are also made on the 27mHz band as is the Hitec mode. Again, use the matching Airtronics receiver crystal.

Always do a range check to be sure things are working right otherwise you risk the chance of a runaway car.

Originally posted by lazyeh
Hello, I just baught an Airtronics MX3 radio (seems to be a great intermediate radio!) and it only comes with one reciever...and I was wondering if I have to have an airtronics reciever in my other cars to use the radio or can I use like Futaba recievers?

Aaron