R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Nice to see a touring car marketed at the casual racer. There is a new touring car club here where I live and there are a lot of new racers. What we've found is that there aren't really a lot of options for mid range cars. The fact that this car isn't super adjustable is great for people who are new or don't know how to setup a car. The shaft drive is nice too! I wish there were more shaft drive chassis around these days. The track we run on here is pretty dusty and exposed diffs get gritty fast.

It would be nice to have the suspension arms in black, because IMO the white looks a bit cheesy, lol. I also wonder about how strong the suspension is? It looks strong, but the reality could be different. Durability is very important in a mid level car like this where mid level drivers are running them (lots of crashes, lol).

Get working on that worldwide distribution. This is the kind of car to put new racers on the track!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post

The fact that this car isn't super adjustable is great for people who are new or don't know how to setup a car.

It would be nice to have the suspension arms in black, because IMO the white looks a bit cheesy, lol. I also wonder about how strong the suspension is? It looks strong, but the reality could be different. Durability is very important in a mid level car like this where mid level drivers are running them (lots of crashes, lol).

I think the adjustability of a car can actually be daunting for the newbie. Entry level cars mean not only low prices but also relatively straightforward setup options so the newcomer is eased into on road car tuning as they learn driving. On road TC is probably the most difficult class in terms of tuning the car, so it can be very off putting for the newcomer when they take their brand new car to the track only to find it doesn't do anything right. Even basic cars like the TT01 can be a pain to properly setup with no knowledge of tuning when you're racing on low traction surfaces.

About strength, I would think that carbon fibre/glassfibre is more resilient than fibre reinforced plastic due to it's inner structure where the fibre cloth is continuous in two directions as opposed to graphite/fibre reinforced plastics where the fibre structure is discountinuous (or continuous in only one direction at best). There is also a bit of flex in carbon/glass fibre plate which doesn't exist in reinforced plastic parts.

As for the aspect, oh well, just whack a body on top of it! Or paint it black.
I see an advantage in parts being other colour than black. Any cracks will be instantly visible which is an advantage for me because I race in a club under fluoro lights and with a high ceiling you need to bring your headlamp to see little black things in other little black things. Just last week I have missed the cracks in both my front arms because of the poor light we have at the track. The car still went well enough that I won both finals, but at home there was a big surprise.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 06-18-2009 at 05:32 AM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:11 AM   #33
Tech Rookie

We tried to paint the yellow in black. We wanted to find a thick paint that will enter in fibre , so that wont add weight. Some paints catch on surface but strange, not on both faces, others only in lateral, it depends. Still working on it, any sollution is wellcome.
Hyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:20 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyro View Post
We tried to paint the yellow in black. We wanted to find a thick paint that will enter in fibre , so that wont add weight. Some paints catch on surface but strange, not on both faces, others only in lateral, it depends. Still working on it, any sollution is wellcome.
Could you dye them?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm excited to say that I have taken a leap of faith and will be the recipiant of the first Hyro export model (to Australia) and all things going well I will race the car in a little under 2 weeks. I think the Hyro is an excellent effort by a non-corporation and will prove to be a terrific club racer, being both competetive and durable / low maintenance cost.

I will be more than happy to report on my findings once I've had a chance to run and get used to the car.
stephenianjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:33 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Congratulations. Whereabout are you james? I am in Perth and would be very curious to see the car.

I asked for a car from Hyro as well to race/test at out track but was not successful.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Hi Niznai,

I'm located in Melbourne. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that I'm getting a hold of one of the first production cars so early, but I am pretty excited about the potential of the car and the philosophy behind it. Sorry Vlad if I've said the wrong thing by mentioning that I'll be trialling the car shortly.

Having said that, there is a logical reason for why the intial release of the car for export is limited, but the car should soon be available for retail purchase so you shouldn't need to wait too long if you're keen to get your hands on one. The car is a result of alot of hard work and needs to be introduced to the racing scene via the proper channels.

I am looking forward to my first test drive.

Regards,

Steve
Old 06-18-2009, 05:16 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenianjames View Post

Having said that, there is a logical reason for why the intial release of the car for export is limited, but the car should soon be available for retail purchase so you shouldn't need to wait too long if you're keen to get your hands on one. The car is a result of alot of hard work and needs to be introduced to the racing scene via the proper channels.
That's what I offerred and didn't ask for anything in return but they said they didn't want to produce the car comercially back then. They didn't explain anything. And now all of a sudden, they changed their mind about coming on the market and in Australia of all places.

Well, good luck with it.

Not sure I am interested to buy one before I see what it can do and what the part support is like.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:29 AM   #39
Tech Master

Is there a website with more photo's and info about the car?
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:42 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Niznai,

Timing the release of any product is critical, and obviously the right time is now and I feel lucky to have one of the first cars.

Of course people are going to wait until they see results with the car before they decide to buy...I think the car will do very well at club racer level and is unique which is why I'm excited about it and keen to give it a try.

Mikky32, check out:

www.hyro.ro

Regards,

Steve
Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #41
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys!

Hyro is back after 3 years with a new model. Spy pictures in World premiere in here with one of the prototypes.

As you can see the new features are:
- 2.5 carbon fiber chassis
- fullyadjustable front and rear camber, caster, toe, anti-dive, antisquat, ride height, droop, roll center, Ackermann angle.
- Carbon fiber suspension arms
- A never seen light weight push-rod suspension design.

We hope the model to be out in December 2013. I can tell you the transmiison will be changed until then, but it will remain shaft driven and steel gears. Price tag arround 350Euros
Attached Thumbnails
First Model builder from Romania-4.jpg   First Model builder from Romania-5.jpg   First Model builder from Romania-8.jpg   First Model builder from Romania-9.jpg   First Model builder from Romania-10.jpg  

Last edited by Hyro; 07-10-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #42
Tech Rookie

You can stay tuned to HYRO on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Hyro.ro

Tags
hyro automodel romania