Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

thanks bommer and horatio it just that some of us are very passionate about what we do and after 14 years i still get exicited about playing, or racing my r/c cars. this is our way of releasing everyday stress! from work!
boomer its not hotair its that some of us just get into it deeper then others! i dont mean ca ca either
thank you for noting that we all have a valued point!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Steering slop?

back to the steering issue...

i don't know much of anything about exponentional or rates, but i DO have a bit of a problem with my tc3...

i set the trim even for a straight tack, but after a fetw turns to the right, the whole car seems to track to the right, as if the trim were off, until a few more laps, and it corrects itself...

i have a good KO propo FET power servo, an aluminum arm, titanium ft turnbuckles, rpm heavy duty ball ends, and a new rack with ball bearings. i just don't get it .. help please...
Old 10-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well i'm gonna get my latest batch of batteries tomorrow and hopefully i can get some laps soon on my Fac.TTC3..
It's been very long since i've driven electric!besides the
dodge and alfa
what other bodies have u guys run , with success for technical tracks?
Old 10-01-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

rookie simple check the steering rack you may have some binding going on or a bearing thats seising or something is loose! try looking around the steering hubs the screws can come loose and make the car wonder around if stripped or the screw is missing.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

I know, speedxl, and THAT's why I come to this board instead of to any of the others. . .deep, intense, intelligent discussion.

I love you guys!

Anyway, rookie, to look at the simplest answer first, how clean is your steering rack? That thing can gather dirt, gunk, and crap quicker than I can eat a PB&J sandwich. . . if it gets greasy dirt crap in there, it can stick a bit. . .pushing you one way or another. . .

That would be the first thing I would check (and do check) - take a Q-Tip and some isopropyl or motor spray and swab out the inside of the rack, then blow it out with a compressor.

If you're using bushings in there (and I do - tired of cleaning the bearings and I don't really notice much difference) then don't oil them - it will only gather more crap.

If you're using bearings in there, LIGHTLY oil them - only enough to get INSIDE the bearing. You don't want any oil on the outside area - it will attract and create greasy dirt crap.

btw, crap is a technical term meaning, well, umm, crap. . .
Old 10-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

lee pretty much thats it for bodies for touring car any of the other bodies work if you want less steering those two bodies have alot of steering i used to use the vauhaul vectra then did like the romans and started using the stratus.
if you can run anything other than touring car bodies then try the ferrari modena or the acura nsx (in your country maybe the honda NSX) THIS BODIES STICK!
Old 10-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Just out of curiosity, i was rebuilding my car the other week and ive seen that quite a few of the sponsored drivers run anouther rear shock tower but on the front, decided to give it a try out, ill run the car this week and see how i like it. Just wanted to know if anyone else runs the car this way and what they have noticed.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Steering slop?

Originally posted by tc3rookie
back to the steering issue...

i don't know much of anything about exponentional or rates, but i DO have a bit of a problem with my tc3...

i set the trim even for a straight tack, but after a fetw turns to the right, the whole car seems to track to the right, as if the trim were off, until a few more laps, and it corrects itself...

i have a good KO propo FET power servo, an aluminum arm, titanium ft turnbuckles, rpm heavy duty ball ends, and a new rack with ball bearings. i just don't get it .. help please...
Seized wheel bearings and dirt in the steering rack are the biggest issues with funny or I'll handling Tc3 in my opnion-and as expressed by others.

OH-yeah and one other thing-I had a flat spot on a bushing in the rack on my last TC3 and that caused notchiness and car wouldnt steer consistently.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

berger it helps the car attain a more aggresive feel when running a diff or spool but you will also need to use their version two front arm which have an xtra shock mounting hole twords the outside!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

tc3 rookie:

There could be a small stone hidden in under the rack - they get trapped in there really easy - but following the advice that all these guys have just given you should get your car steering just right.

The TC3 is a great car!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just set my exponential at -20 or so. On my 3PJS radio system.

I know its not my servo because when I use the servo in other cars it has worked great (I've used it in my x-ray, and my buddies t3). I'll take a look at my servo saver and report back .
Old 10-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by speedxl
berger it helps the car attain a more aggresive feel when running a diff or spool but you will also need to use their version two front arm which have an xtra shock mounting hole twords the outside!
yeah i am, broke a version 1 arm as my kits a good 2 years old now so ive got a pair of version 2's and ive not broken any since i got my RPM bumper
Old 10-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

then your set try it you wont be dissapointed.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Rookie, I am having the SAME problem as you. I just got the car ready for the races and took it out to test. I nailed it and it went straight, I came back, went straight, turned around, and it started to go to the left, so I adjusted the throttle trim (left) and it came back to me going off to the left, so now I have to take the front end apart and check everything before this weekend. I have a lot of stuff to do in so little time Dremel my buddies TC3, rebuild the front end of my car, build some battery packs, cut the comms on some motors and do the usualy maintence.....I love this hobby
Old 10-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Version 2 arms also have droop screw holes too. If you have the old chassis, I'm not sure if they have the lips you need to use them though. Might be a good good excuse to get a nice new chassis though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.