Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a closer view of one side. I used an old RTR rear shock tower for the plastic pieces, 4 - 3mm x 8mm(I think) screws, and Losi super glue. I also added a .030 spacer to the back of the bottom shock mount screw, to move the bottom of the shock out from the arm a little.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-shocktowermod-002.jpg  
Old 01-10-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

whats benefits does this modification provide?
Old 01-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by driftmaster
Im hoping the spool will work the same but more punch coming out. Just to cents.
You get exactly the same punch coming out - a one-way locks up and acts as a spool under power.

The spool sheds speed going into the turn though - it's where the one-way is superior in speed since it freewheels when off power. You will have to soften up the front, though, or you will push into and through the turn but pull really well coming out.

The spool is more controllable (imho) going into the turn, though, since if you are going in too hot, you can touch brakes and shed the speed you don't want. Can't do that with a one-way.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

new spool design. Thanks for that PIC robk.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-spool.jpg  
Old 01-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

PIC with it out.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-image07.jpg  
Old 01-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

no problem
Old 01-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

NTC3NUT, that looks pretty nifty. Tell us how it handles after u try it, Ive got an old rear shock tower lying around with nothing to do with it, it would be kinda cool to do that mod, but only if it helps handling .
Old 01-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default oneway

anyone make a oneway for the rear?
Old 01-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

When you are using the rear tower up front, where are you guys running into problems with ride height? I have the new arms on my car, and I also have the reartower up front. I have tried using the outer holes on the new front arms, but I have to give up too much steering throw to use them. I have to turn my steering rate way down in order for the inner wheels to keep from hitting the lower shock mount screws. I left the upper shock mount in the outer most position, then moved the lower mount on the arm back to the original inner position, to allow more steering throw. I run my ride height at 4mm all around, and had no problems getting it that low. I could even go lower if needed. Do you run into the ride height problems when you move the upper mounts in? Wouldn't that be the same as using the original front tower? Is it that your running a smaller, or larger diameter tire? I'm just trying to understand where the problem lies. I haven't run into it yet, and I would like to avoid it. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

I put two small associated shims under the shock tower.It allowed me to get the correct ride height.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: oneway

Originally posted by theisgroup
anyone make a oneway for the rear?
I imagine the front one would work if you really wanted to try that.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

In looking at posts on other sites, I see that this ride height problem may only be related to cars using rubber tires vs. foams.?

On the one-way for the rear, the question has been asked before, and you would have to reverse the one-way bearings inside the one-way itself for it to work in the first place. Think about it, the transmission cases are reversed, the one-way would also be reversed.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

NTC3nut

What caster blocks are you using?
Most guys who race the shocks in the outer holes use the 4degree blocks, so the sacrifise is minimal!
Indeed I do rubn rubbers! That could be it.

Craig
I dida also.
Same problem.
Keep ibn mind though that you're also changing roll-center.
And vreating a difference in roll-center front to back!

Pizza
Old 01-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

RE: rear ony-way

I have seen this done before........yes you have to swap the bearings side for side. that way you will have drive from the rear wheels. you must have alot of talent to drive this. I saw a national champ have nothing but trouble trying to drive one.
how about a shaft one-way?????????? we run them all the time. you still have a front diff/action. with all the bennis of a one-way.

I even saw a three one-way TC3 once at a rubber sedan race. one in the rear, on the shaft and in the front..........just pray you never had to stop fast (or at all)....but it was fast when driven right.

NTC3NUT.

Hi, go back a few pages at the other site. Walter Henderson posted some things he does when running into the problems your talking about.
so far I really haven't played to much with the rear tower on the
front.
and I will post the pics for you when I get my chassis back
Old 01-13-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Have any of you seen the weekend's results.

In Europe the big event was the DHI cup in Denmark. The winner..........a TC3.

In the USA the big event was the Novak. The winner........a TC3.

Form your own conclusions.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.