Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 02:54 PM
TRL
Tech Apprentice

I do run a stiffer set-up when I run carpet with foams then rubber tires..I was talking about going softer when running the rear shock tower up front rather then the normal tower!
Old 12-09-2002, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Running the rear shock tower seems to take away some of the twitchyness. The only thing I don't like is that the geometry is all wrong and you have to readjust the ride height if you change the shock position.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

psycho- If you look at Mike D's setup from Cleveland he is running like 3mm droop on the front of his car. i don't think cleveland had as much bite as it did in years past, but don't be afraid to try more droop. i would be surperised if your track had much more bite than the Cleveland track, unless they leave the layout down for 3-4 weeks. As far as caster, i look at it as high speed steering and low speed steering. More caster = more high speed steering and less = more low speed. Once again I would try it. I don't guarantee results but it is something i would look into.

Mike D- What did you change in your setup at Cleveland vs. your home track? Just wondering since my car was way different at my particular track (ie. much better than at Cleveland)
Old 12-09-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED TC3

Convert your TC3 to a WARPSPEED DEMON!

WARPSPEED RACING
When you're ready to get serious!
Old 12-09-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Where can i get pics, info, or prices on a warpspeed chassis for tc3?
Old 12-09-2002, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Ray:

Hi,

I know that Tim went in about .125 on both his TC3 chassis. he isn't really sure about going in any further. some of the mod guys at the track are going into the centre line of the chassis. Jason ran a cut chassis at Cleveland with stock steering. and made the C main..(he broke ) I'll ask him if he has done one to the centre line yet. I know he was thinking about it. how much did it cost you to have your chassis done????

Fakk2
Old 12-10-2002, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default nothing to do with tc3's

but I thought Johnbull might like that one

http://orsm.net/media/priceless/minis.mpg

Paul
Old 12-10-2002, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

TRL - The rear tower up front will make your car more stable with foams too.

psycho - More caster will improve off power steering entering the corner and reduce on power steering exiting the corner. Don't forget that droop also has a big effect with on and off power steering. When you accelerate off the turn the weight shifts to the rear of the car - squating the rear end and raising the front end. Limited droop in the front end will cause on power push because when the front end lifts, it hits the droop stops and takes more weight off the front tires.

robk - Cleveland had way more traction then my local track. Luckly I went to South Shore Hobbies in New York(http://www.southshorehobby.com ) two weeks before Cleveland. They had the same carpet, about 6 month old, tight layout and alot of traction. After that I wasn't too worried about getting set up for Cleveland. The only setup changes from my local track was to stiffen the front springs and minor droop changes to add steering. Usually I end up taking out castor at Cleveland but it didn't feel too good when I tried it in practice.

Warpspeed - If you are going to blatantly advertise, at least write something worth reading.

Last edited by Mike D; 12-10-2002 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default droop ... ???

Mike D... interesting... I hear opposite theories that more droop you have on one end, the more transfer there is on the other when it's unloaded... ie when you have more droop at the front and hit the throttle, the front will lift more and the rear will get more load, hence you will have on-power understeer.

Maybe this theory is only true as long as you don't hit the limiters?

Paul
Old 12-10-2002, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Hi Lonestar.

Thanks for the Mini clip. Where did you dig that one out?

Mini Miglia racing is always like that but the guy in the green car had a real case of BRAIN FADE.

That's racing I suppose!

Thanks again. Now to TC3s.

I put a fan in my son's TC3 yesterday. It drove me nuts. I run it without a motor in place and it works great. I install a motor in the car, and it doesn't work.

I eventually traced it down to magnetic fields doing their thing. I turned the fan through 90 degrees and no more problems.

The joys of playing with RC cars!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know that Tim went in about .125 on both his TC3 chassis. he isn't really sure about going in any further. some of the mod guys at the track are going into the centre line of the chassis.

I can have them done for $40.00 labor. The guy is willing to do them for me-in batches of 3 at a time minimum. I am having about 4 or 5 of them done in about a week and a half to be sold through www.readytorunrc.com. They are done on a Bridgeport-with some hand filing at end to finish off the battery slots.We are going to go in to 0.20" on battery slots-up from 0.125". You dont have to go in that far-just space batteries as you like with foam strips!!!

Battery box is lowered with possible slots to allow taping batteries in as an option. As well as a cut-out placed under the servo.

If you run Mod-you might need to install the yet unreleased Megatune or PRP or Warpspeed top decks. But for stock racing-shouldn't be a problem at all.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the input on caster and droop, guys. I just recently started racing mod. I don't see these problems when racing stock!
Old 12-10-2002, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

psycho - where do you race? Stocton??
Here are some thing people haven't mentioned yet.
For a lot more on-power steering, you can also run less toe-in in the rear. I'm running the 2 deg arm mounts and the Losi 1 deg hubs mounted backwards for a total of 1 deg of rear toe. Having the batteries forward also adds on-power steering but takes away some of the initial turn in response. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

-Ling
Old 12-10-2002, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hey linger,
Whats your setup for stockton? Im going to be coming down there from Reno soon and just want to get a starting point.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What stuff should i get

I am going to be getting a Tc3 Racer kit and i will be racing in the stock class. I will be useing a Novaik TC2 speed control, Jr xr2 controller with novaik xxl receiver, GP3300 batteries and a P2k2 motor. What tires do you suggest for carpet, what hop ups do you suggest getting for the Tc3? What servo should i get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.