Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kansasracer
Modena,

Do you use the IRS chassis braces on your outdoor car?

I think it is the stiffening kit (its an add on piece)
Yes. I run on low bite, bumpy asphalt, and they are working out great! My car is so hooked its not even funny.

Dave Irrgang (diffdude) said that they were designed to help the carpet guys, but they seem to be helping everyone on all different type of track.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

cantbestopped44: if your track or class allows this, i suggest getting the BRP wide front bumper and nerf wings for your new TC3. these inexpensive (about $8+ each) hopups saved me from broken suspension parts. i run in a wide open track and i only broke the rear shock tower when i slammed sideways onto the wall. without the BRP stuff, i may have broken more.

Last edited by marvi; 03-31-2002 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default In need of a good pinion/spur combo

Hello all! I just picked up a used Team TC3 that I plan on racing at Speedworld Raceway in Roseville, CA. I plan to race in the Stock class and am wondering what is a good pinion/spur combo for me to start with. The track is a relatively short and tight track with a straight about 40-50 feet with a 90 degree turn at the end. My guess is something around a 20 tooth pinion with a 72 tooth spur. The guy's running mod are using pinions in that range. I am using a Novak TC2 ESC and 2000 matched packs. We race the standard 5 minute heats. Any tips out there? Spring wise I am thinking of doing the golds up front and the silvers in back. Thinking about doing 50 wt. up front and 35 wt. out back. The track has a lot of turns so I am also thinking about having a sway bar. Probably in back because I will need a lot of steering. There are a grand total of 10 turns. Most are 90 degree, one sweeper and a few 180's. 90% of the racers use Sorex 36R's with medium inserts so I picked up a set of those. Depending on my fun factor, I will invest in a set of threaded shocks.

What do you think? The track is smooth asphalt with medium to high traction (it gets traction compound periodically).

Thank you for your help in advance.

Old 04-01-2002, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by XER987
MY FT IS WAY UNDER WEIGHT. I HAD TO STRAP ON 2 OZ. OF LEAD TO PASS TECH. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY I CAN PUT SOME WEIGHT ON WITH OUT LEAD?? DON'T WANT TO SWITCH TO PLASTIC PARTS THOUGH.
Uhm....

On my FTTC3 I was a severe underweight problem (I needed more than 70 grams of lead). I solved this changing all the screws that go underside of the chassis from aluminium to a less 'eye-candy' steel ones.

I gained a some weight on the best place that you can gain weight (as low as possible) to lower a little the CG of the car.

If you have 'underweight problems' try these, and you see some gain on driveability.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Trikster: Got your e-mail...

First of all, in stock, you might want to go a bit higher. If guys running mod are in the 20 range (I'm guessing with 9 or 10 turn motors), you might want to try 25-26 pinion. That is what we run at SoCal and it's a pretty small, tight track. You might also try asking some of the locals running the TC3 about gearing. I'm sure most people there will be helpful.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TPhalen
Trikster: Got your e-mail...
Talking about the demon... Tony. A month ago I've sent you a PM regarding the worlds. Have you read it? I need to know something about those.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

I would ask the locals, but there is only one guy in the stock class running the TC3 and winning. He is kinda a jerk and is rarely out there.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry, Corse....I'll have to check it again....don't remember getting one....

Trikster: Start off with a 25 and adjust from there. You will probably end up around the 26 - 28 range.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Trikster, here's what I ran to win stock at last year's Speedworld cup with my TC3

0 kickup with 2 degree castor blocks
3+2 block in rear
red springs with 60wt in front
gold springs with 40wt in rear
shocks all the way in on towers front and rear
batteries in back
no sway bars
MVP geared 28/72, you may need to gear lower for the small layout
full time 4wd
you may need to put 1/2 to a full ounce on the electronics side of the car to balance it from left to right. I'll see you there this weekend and help you more if you need it.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Matt. I will be out of town this weekend, but I will be out there the following...
Old 04-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just got the lightweight diff for my car. Can anyone tell me if I can replace the bushings with ball bearings. Is it recommended or not?
Old 04-02-2002, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I just got the lightweight diff for my car. Can anyone tell me if I can replace the bushings with ball bearings. Is it recommended or not?
For quality of movement and longevity of the differential, is advised to use the ball bearings for the lightweight diffs.

Another time: Don't use the ones that came with the steel diffs, doesn't work. Use the 3616 instead.

P.D: We need to do some kind of FAQ for the TC3.... sometimes all the questions are repeated and answered.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

THanks Corse-R...

I did a search and nothing came up.

And yes we definately need a FAQ section for the TC3 and other cars as well.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

A TC3 FAQ would be great! So great in fact, that I will give it a shot and try to put one together But since I have only had my TC3 since January, I do not know all of the repeatedly asked questions. So if all of you could send me an email to [email protected] containing a question and answer, I would be more than happy to organize it and post it on the net. Probably something like tc3faqs.rctech.net would be cool if the list gets big enough!

-chad

ps - remember whats common sense to one person maybe completely new to someone else, so send in all your questions and answers!
Old 04-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

TPHalen.......rumor has it...you may be in Shreveport LA. this weekend...April 6th.....??????If so,kewl.....and bring your 1/12......This is our Grand opening race.....got some peeps from Dallas and Memphis and maybe even Oklahoma coming down.......hope you can make it.Got any questions...feel free to ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.