Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default josh cyrul

Hey all: Was reading magazine coverage of the '09 iic race and noticed josh cyrul was using speed passion brushless motors so is he now a team driver for them and no longer with hacker? Thanks for the info
Old 09-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Shawn Or Adam,
what is the ETA of the V3.0, and the chrome LPF 2.0?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
The reason they aren't on the site is because we don't have them yet
Then where are people buying them from?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Then where are people buying them from?
We have a couple mod winds that came in Friday, and if anyone besides Cyrul, Hanyes and myself have any stock winds in the states I have no idea where they came from
Old 09-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCManila
Hello, I have an SP Marc Rheinhard version of the 13.5 and geared(FDR) at 4.2 (Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...our track is around 48meters straight away (Indoor/Asphalt). I ran the motor today (3rd Race Day = 6-8 runs per day) and after the 3rd qualifying and before the 1st main it cogs then stopped!
I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'A' tab was desoldered and I resoldered it back and oiled the bearings and tried the motor again. It worked for 1 lap then started to cog again then stopped!
For the 2nd time I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'B' & 'C' tabs was desoldered and I resoldered it back and tried the motor on the bench...Its not working properly as it cogs even more then stopped.
I would like to ask if anyone have any idea why is this happening?
Also, is there anywhere I can send the motor for repair or replacement?
Any help or PM from a company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

The experts can probably give you a better answer, but for me, you may have answered your own question with this bit of information:
(Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...
Sounds like you may have cooked the stator windings and/or caused the rotor to lose magnetic strength - all of which will kill a motor...? Motor internals don't just start un-soldering themselves for no reason... Excessive heat can even kill the motor bearings by cooking out all the lube, so you may also want to check them?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfrahm
The experts can probably give you a better answer, but for me, you may have answered your own question with this bit of information:
(Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...
Sounds like you may have cooked the stator windings and/or caused the rotor to lose magnetic strength - all of which will kill a motor...? Motor internals don't just start un-soldering themselves for no reason... Excessive heat can even kill the motor bearings by cooking out all the lube, so you may also want to check them?
What I read from the threads are usually 170-180*F is the recommended temp? I know that overheating the motor would kill it but I thought that temp range of 170-180*F is the recommended temp
I forgot to mention that before the first main I run the car for 2 laps just to heat up the tires and before reaching the grid my motor cogs and stopped. When I pickup the car and went to my pit table I tempted the motor and its about 170ish*F for just 2 laps!
I did relube the bearing before that day and when it first happened I relube it again to try the motor for the second time.
Thank you for your comments and suggestion though, appreciate it!

abailey21: Sir, I would just like to ask if this would be covered for warranty? Please let me know, thank you very much!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Endless 1/10 F1 motor?

Has anyone run the Endless 1/10 F1 motor? I could not find it in the search for this thread.

I saw it on ebay sold by rc mart.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Exige sport tuned?

Or looking at ebay, and thier website, the exige 2.0 f1 sport tuned brushless? 2800kv
Old 09-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

We have a couple mod winds that came in Friday, and if anyone besides Cyrul, Hanyes and myself have any stock winds in the states I have no idea where they came from
Adam, sent a PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can anyone help me tune in the GT2.0? I run a 21.5 VTA. I ran my DRRS Max, Timeing at Profile #7 and the motor timed about 5 deg. my motor tops out 3/4 down the streight and not alot of bottom end power. My gearing is at 4.6. As I understand it the 21.5 can only put out so much torque so Max timeing dosn't work. I was told to gear 5.0 and higher and run timeing at profile 3. is there any truth to this or am I were I should be? Timeing in the ESC,Motor and gearing is geting confusing
Old 09-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I need to know what comes with a SP speed control. Is the control module included? Thinking about making a switch. Anything different between the new blue edition besides the color?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is a good starting setup (GT 2.0 LPF) for 1/12, carpet, 3.7v lipo, and 13.5 motor?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
pmc
Tech Adept

Hello

wish is the specs of the speed passion Motor V3.0 9,5T RPM , Power and specific rpm/volt ??

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 09-21-2009, 11:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hey all: Was reading magazine coverage of the '09 iic race and noticed josh cyrul was using speed passion brushless motors so is he now a team driver for them and no longer with hacker? Thanks for the info
Yes Cyrul is running Speed Passion motors now

Originally Posted by RonF
Has anyone run the Endless 1/10 F1 motor? I could not find it in the search for this thread.
I saw it on ebay sold by rc mart.
I have run them, they're a good "sport" motor.

Originally Posted by Isaac
I need to know what comes with a SP speed control. Is the control module included? Thinking about making a switch. Anything different between the new blue edition besides the color?
The standard programming box come with the ESC, not the LCD box, that's separate.

Originally Posted by RCManila
Hello, I have an SP Marc Rheinhard version of the 13.5 and geared(FDR) at 4.2 (Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...our track is around 48meters straight away (Indoor/Asphalt). I ran the motor today (3rd Race Day = 6-8 runs per day) and after the 3rd qualifying and before the 1st main it cogs then stopped!
I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'A' tab was desoldered and I resoldered it back and oiled the bearings and tried the motor again. It worked for 1 lap then started to cog again then stopped!
For the 2nd time I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'B' & 'C' tabs was desoldered and I resoldered it back and tried the motor on the bench...Its not working properly as it cogs even more then stopped.
I would like to ask if anyone have any idea why is this happening?
Also, is there anywhere I can send the motor for repair or replacement?
Any help or PM from a company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
This will be a call from Shawn, we only warranty products purchased in the North America and we have never brought those motors in the states so i know you had to have bought it overseas

Originally Posted by skypilot
yo, adam, is there somewhere that you can tell me (so i don't have to do the work myself) that I can find what the different updates/profiles for the 2.0 are. I've just been running mod with it so haven't bother to pay attention.
Email me
Old 09-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This will be a call from Shawn, we only warranty products purchased in the North America and we have never brought those motors in the states so i know you had to have bought it overseas
Yes, I bought this motor when I went to Hong Kong.
Do Shawn reply to this thread or should I email him? If you won't warranty this motor, can I ask for an email address where I can ask for a warranty or something?
Thank you very much for taking time replying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.