Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

What comes on the gt2.0 is it 528mod or something else
Old 01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koopesv
What comes on the gt2.0 is it 528mod or something else
205g is the loaded SW from factory. No supercharger, only AMTS adjustment.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Hi can anyone help me with some esc settings. i have a TOP photon running a 69t spur/29 pinion (48p) on a wide open track i'm using the SP gt2.0 pro (323 software) and a Fantom racing trinity 13.5t with 10deg on the endbell, my question is about timing, the settings i'm finding all seem to have a hiigh degree of boost timing. we using a 39-40 roll out as it's a new track and we still trying to get the roll out's perfect.
i'm using 20deg boost timing, 18 deg turbo slope, 4000 start rpm, 16deg turbo timing and 450rpm per deg.

what timing can i use that would be safe for motor not to get damaged bearing in mind that we having a heat wave in Cape Town at the moment. i have seen team setup's of 48deg which baffles me. can these motors run it safely without damage?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

are there any firmware updates for the GT2.0 LPF ? I have the software that came on it new.

I don't want to run it Blinky btw..
Old 01-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Issue with heat fading

Hi all,

I am running a MMM 13.5 motor with a Tekin RS pro on 1/10 TC boosted

I am having a lot of issue with fading after 3-4 minutes on the track on a hot day. My ESC setting isn't aggressive (under 45 degrees boost + turbo) and with middle point for ballend advance. The temperature is about 70-75 degrees on the motor when it happens.

I have tried changing the rotor/sensor/sensor cable/different battery and this continues to happen. I also tried low boost setting with 5.5-6 FDR and mid boost setting with 6.5 to 8 FDR - nothing seems to work to keep the temp down.

The only setting so far which I have get away with 6 minutes on the track on a 28+ degree day (or tract temp >50 degrees) is zero boost + FDR 5.5.

I am already not keeping up on the straights with my current setting and I am not sure what more can I do apart from changing motor (many people on my track seems to have issues with SP motors)

Any advice?
Old 01-18-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

its a good chance it has a bit to do with the ECS settings i was having problems also with the 323 software with SP, i dont know much about the Tekin but i have been playing around with the speedy settings and now the car is fast and temps have come down also with the 323 software i run.
Since i have got the settings close i have now reduced my FDR from 6.5 to 5.5 and the MMM pulls hard with heaps of speed and the timing is set to 12 degrees

how big is your track? and i would defiantly start with Esc settings i can now run for 6m30 and my temps are at 78 degrees
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
are there any firmware updates for the GT2.0 LPF ? I have the software that came on it new.

I don't want to run it Blinky btw..
Yes, 323_Stock is the latest software and it is a large improvement over the stock software for boosted racing. It is available for free download from Speed Passion's web site. You will need the LCD Programmer + USB cable, and a computer, to update the software.

Originally Posted by iwkyb
Hi all,

I am running a MMM 13.5 motor with a Tekin RS pro on 1/10 TC boosted

I am having a lot of issue with fading after 3-4 minutes on the track on a hot day. My ESC setting isn't aggressive (under 45 degrees boost + turbo) and with middle point for ballend advance. The temperature is about 70-75 degrees on the motor when it happens.

I have tried changing the rotor/sensor/sensor cable/different battery and this continues to happen. I also tried low boost setting with 5.5-6 FDR and mid boost setting with 6.5 to 8 FDR - nothing seems to work to keep the temp down.

The only setting so far which I have get away with 6 minutes on the track on a 28+ degree day (or tract temp >50 degrees) is zero boost + FDR 5.5.

I am already not keeping up on the straights with my current setting and I am not sure what more can I do apart from changing motor (many people on my track seems to have issues with SP motors)

Any advice?
Please post your full settings for the Tekin, plus your motor timing and FDR. We can then make some targeted suggestions.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rick oxley
thanks will try this next meet and let you no how i get on.
any tips on smoothing out the acceleration until the grip
comes up?
Lower the DRRS even more...try 3...
Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hanulec
Hi all - I just bought a bunch of mmms and green sensor boards. I integrated them this past weekend and found that one of the green boards is a dud. The motor runs but has less rpms than a black board (I have the Turbo dyno numbers to prove it). How can I get it replaced? Thanks!
Depends on where you get it....or contact our US office and we will be more then happy to help you out.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lethallee69
I have tried both, there doesnt appear to be any difference between the 2 in my opinion, more likely to be a motor variation.
I am now sticking to SP software and motors, and I am starting to get somewhere I think
these are my settings;
GT 2.0 Pro 323 stock software
FDR 7.65 Track= 210 mtrs with a 50 mtr long back straight
DRRS 6
Brake Force 87%
Reverse 100%
Boost Timing 48
Turbo Slope 18
TurboTiming 12
Start RPM 5000
Turbo Delay 0.2
ACC 450
Track temp was 55-60 Degs C Motor came off after 6 mins running at 76Degs C
Tried 2 different MMM motors and a V3 and all motors came off around the same temps but all had varing top end speed and rip out of corners
Car was slightly down on top end compared to another car with Hobbywing esc and 13.5 motor
any thoughts for improvement?
You can add 4* more on your Turbo Timing...or gear 1T up.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok kinda sick of this so thought id see if anyone else has had the same issue.
I bought a 21.5 stock club combo from my LHS. Ran it in my F109 for 2 days 1 race, one day or practice and magically it just crapped out. Motor speed control everything. We couldnt figure out why, everything was wired up fine. We replaced both with new ones and now that combo has gone to crap.
Motor doesnt run, doesnt even feel right when you spin it. Esc lights up, leds flash and function like its working but it will not turn a motor. Thought maybe it was the capacitors cuz they had a black like susbstance on them as if they burnt up. Removed those and still nothing. This set is only 2 months old so its outa warrenty.
Im just kinda pissed about this and wondering if anybody else has had this issue.
Any feedback or help would b great cuz im a budget racer I cant afford to be buying new esc and motors all the time.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jammin#2
I bought a 21.5 stock club combo from my LHS. Ran it in my F109 for 2 days 1 race, one day or practice and magically it just crapped out. Motor speed control everything. We couldnt figure out why, everything was wired up fine. We replaced both with new ones and now that combo has gone to crap.
Motor doesnt run, doesnt even feel right when you spin it. Esc lights up, leds flash and function like its working but it will not turn a motor. Thought maybe it was the capacitors cuz they had a black like susbstance on them as if they burnt up. Removed those and still nothing. This set is only 2 months old so its outa warrenty.
Im just kinda pissed about this and wondering if anybody else has had this issue.
Any feedback or help would b great cuz im a budget racer I cant afford to be buying new esc and motors all the time.
Please contact our office and we will figure out something for you.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin#2
Mike- the second one went out as well after I replaced the first one?? Wondered why you left that day, the second unit only had a couple weeks on it.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Yes, 323_Stock is the latest software and it is a large improvement over the stock software for boosted racing. It is available for free download from Speed Passion's web site. You will need the LCD Programmer + USB cable, and a computer, to update the software.

Please post your full settings for the Tekin, plus your motor timing and FDR. We can then make some targeted suggestions.
I am on a outdoor track with a 30m straight
TRF417
Tekin RS pro
SP MMM 13.5 - std rotor - 1 high power 30mm fan

Here are the following settings I tried

Endmotor timing 11 degrees (minimum on standard sensor)
Boost: 45
Start RPM: 5000
End RPM: 17000
Turbo delay: 0.15 sec
Turbo: 15
Turbo ramp: 2 (4 degrees/ 0.1 sec)
Current limiter: off
FDR: 7.0 - 8.2

The car faded on a 30 degree day after 3-4 minutes - the car lost punch and wouldn't accelerate on the straight. If I stopped the car and cooled it down, it would recover but would have the same issue after a little while.

The motor reads about 70-75 degrees with a temp gun once that happens. I have never got the motor pass 80 degrees (since it would have faded way before that)

I also tried

Endmotor timing 15 degrees (middle on standard sensor)
Boost: 35
Start RPM: 7000
End RPM: 18000
Turbo delay: 0.15 sec
Turbo: 15
Turbo ramp: 2 (4 degrees/ 0.1 sec)
Current limiter: off
FDR: 6 - 6.5

Same issue on a hotter day.

With both settings I am not keeping up with the other cars in the same class (by a significant margin - at least lost 0.5 sec just on the longest straight alone). When I asked the local racers in the same class (running Team Powers/LRP/Tekin), I didn't get much more of a reply than "Don't run Speedpassion".

Any ideas?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Depends on where you get it....or contact our US office and we will be more then happy to help you out.
sent an e-mail last night -- thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.