Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlanHall
Okay I guess I was confused because it says to update the software. It works Fine right now The power curve is just a little too smooth like for off road. And I'm running touringe ith it now. That's what made me think it was the box that had the software loaded into it. so ithe box is telling me I need update the software in my speed control?
Did you update the box and speed control as we have explain to you in the last two pages? I think that will fix all your issues, and then you can do all the adjustments to the speedo with the box.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Did you update the box and speed control as we have explain to you in the last two pages? I think that will fix all your issues, and then you can do all the adjustments to the speedo with the box.
I am today. Im just trying to understand what was the issue that I had to take these steps guys. Im sorry. Everyone seemed so helpful in this thread. And now its like im bugging you. Id like to know what and why im doing something. Not just blindly do what someone tells me. My posts have been different questions to try and understand.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

can all the adjustments be made with the box with the latest stock software? (the really agressive one)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlanHall
I am today. Im just trying to understand what was the issue that I had to take these steps guys. Im sorry. Everyone seemed so helpful in this thread. And now its like im bugging you. Id like to know what and why im doing something. Not just blindly do what someone tells me. My posts have been different questions to try and understand.
You aren't bugging. We are all here to help. I think your problem is simply that the programming box and the speedo have different versions of software on each, so they can't communicate with each other properly.

Originally Posted by Cain
can all the adjustments be made with the box with the latest stock software? (the really agressive one)
Cain, if you upgrade the speedo to the 323_Stock software, the stock LED programming box that comes with the speedo will not work any longer. The speedo will only work with the optional LCD programmer with the new softwares.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

thanks. thinking of moving the SP over to my vehicle.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

thanks everyone for the help. had to do alot of updateing and clicking untill it all made sence lol. but its all good now. i did have the new 323 on the esc. but the box needed to be upgraded as well at i was using 1.33 on the PC link and needed the 1.37 i think it was in order to upgrade my lcd box. but im 99.999% sure its all good now
Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

good news i remember when i returned to touring cars and also had trouble. happy its worked for you now, once you get your new lcd you always have the option of selecting different software to load up through the pc

enjoy speed passion is great product
Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

My lcd box works good for making changes now. I believe everything is up to date. There was a huge list of software options .. I just picked all the stuff that was in the link a couple pages back lol. I don't know the difference between all of them.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

if your running stock the 323 software or the 528 software between us stock drivers here we now go between the 2 i have found the 323 a lot smoother the 528 is very good also Patto here is australia spent a day assisting us getting our cars up to speed as we were having some minor issues with top speed the end result was the 528 for our track it lays down the power all through the range with incredible top end speed at the end of the straight while maintaing good temps 70 degrees after 6 minutes.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Oh wow , I didn't realize they where that different. I thought just the options where different. Like the boost increase steps and stuff like that. Im sure ill catch on a learn all this different stuff and learn to love this esc setup. Im still not 100%the the effects of all the settings. Is there possibly a break down on the website?
Old 01-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

if you using the 323 software on the interface V1.37 go to the help and look at the the firm ware manual and in a addition to this M-Technic done a great write up on the software in more details which goes into it and clears things up a whole lot more.
really no need to be a brain surgeon now to understand it i save a copy here it is to assist you also with these 2 at your side while making adjustments it will make it easier for you

M-Technic if you ever feel the need to explain things more please feel free to do another write up you explain things very well and easy to understand
Attached Files
Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Ooj
Tech Regular

Default Rotor Play

I just picked up a new 4.5 MMM and noticed there was about 2mm of play in the rotor/shaft. Is this normal? I don't have that amount of play on my V3.0 6.5.

I have some motor shims if I need to shim it but I'm not entirely sure how to "center" the rotor because the magnets don't seem to be pushing it to any natural static position.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys does anyone know when the new speedo going to be out....
also does anyone know who has 2.0pro gt in stock in the states???
Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just received a V3 1 cell in the mail today.... Very nice looking motor, strong magnet and light!

However, a quick once over showed solder splatter on the windings.... I'm about to disassemble the motor and have a closer look. Probably worth looking out for if your buying any motor really. I'll removethe solder and see how it goes...

Anyone else had this issue?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Just got home from the DHI Cup in Odense, Denmark, running SuperStock 17.5T boosted LRP X12. I posted my starting setup a couple of pages back, but I wanted to share my setup from the DHI Cup. The track was very high traction and very high speed = a lot on the throttle. So I had to change the setup slightly.

I upped the start RPM from 4k to 5k and upped the acc from 350-400 to 450. Finally I lowered the turbo from 12 to 10.
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.