Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
Solara, I was watching F1 last night and saw a Reventon in the parking lot and it linked a thought...

Will the Reventon be TCS/ROAR legal? Reason I am asking is, what is to stop someone from having a friend/family member/"pitcrew" change settings mid-race(while the driver is concentrating on the race? (example, I need more boost later in the race, or I need to conserve power or I can change timing because my esc temps are much lower than expected)
Just make sure race control checks software version.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Just make sure race control checks software version.
The Reventon can change parameters and setting wirelessly. Sure i''l have it checked, place it on the grid and change software to add boost.

(not that I would, espically since I JUST got my GT2.0PRO, but whats to say someone wont?)
Old 03-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

The Reventon can change parameters and setting wirelessly. Sure i''l have it checked, place it on the grid and change software to add boost.

(not that I would, espically since I JUST got my GT2.0PRO, but whats to say someone wont?)
If you have the blinky software, you can't add boost to it.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you have the blinky software, you can't add boost to it.
I don't think you understand my question.... Say I load blinky, get inspected, place on grid, somone else (friend/ family member) WIRELESSLY changes the software to boosted software as I/right before race, changing parameters as I race to give me the advantage. When race is done, change software back .
Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

I don't think you understand my question.... Say I load blinky, get inspected, place on grid, somone else (friend/ family member) WIRELESSLY changes the software to boosted software as I/right before race, changing parameters as I race to give me the advantage. When race is done, change software back .
I don't think you can wirelessly change software.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't think you can wirelessly change software.
Correct. Only the settings can be changed using the wireless module, not the software.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Correct. Only the settings can be changed using the wireless module, not the software.
so say if I am racing my car, and I hand you my phone/ipad, you can adjust it as I am driving?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
It seems you can also update the firmware ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDgm8OW9jWU ), but that it needs then to re-calibrate your Tx with the ESC, and that you still had to press the ESC button to do it, so you shouldn't be able to do that once the car is on the grid.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Lee
Is the GT V2.1 EX Brushless ESC - Carbon black suitable for off road my best choice for a b44.1 mod. running an LRP x12 6.5T. And do I also need to buy the fan and lcd pro card to hook it up to my laptop. Is there any other leads or parts I'll need to buy that don't come with it.
Originally Posted by Big Lee
Cheers since posting this I had some insight from other threads and decided the gt pro 2.0 is the way I'll be goin.
The GT2.1 EX and GT2 PRO are very much the same ESC except the GT2.1 EX is designed for 1/12th scale pan car because of the low heatsink design (so the ultra low GTP body of those 12th scale will not rub against the heat sink like the GT2 PRO...

If your B44.1 does have the room for the heat sink and the fan...yes, definitely the GT2 PRO (instead of the GT2.1 EX) simply because you can mount the fan on it (fan came with the PRO 2.0 but not the GT2.1 EX)...

You also need to purchase the LCD programmer box if you want to change software and such....the LCD can also change the ESC parameter setting without using the computer. With the 2 digital LCD line of reading it is a very handy piece of hardware to own.....

You won't go wrong on that...and we have some 4WD off road setup for the GT2 PRO....1st runner up of the WC and mutliple European Championship titles.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Ok.....I was told the new batch of REVENTON ESC (Version S and R, and possible Stock Club Race) are leaving the factory and we might have them instock in 10 days....of course, I will let everyone know here once I have a firm confirmation from the shipping company. So...stay tune.

I was trying to wait until we have the REVENTON ESC instock and post some more information about the WIRELESS technology...but I think I have to address these concern now since someone already thought of that and wondering HOW to "tech" someone was running blinky class and right after the tech, his "teammate" can wirelessly upload the BOOST software with very little timing added and try to CHEAT.

(1) That is NOT possible. The reason we created the 2 wirelss modules (bluetooth module for Android unit and WiFi module for Apple unit) is exactly this reason. When all the car using our REVENTON ESC, this wireless module unit CANNOT BE MOUNTED onto the car. These module are pretty good size and they are very easy to spot. When the tech saw this module on the car, EVEN THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED....should have the driver to remove it immediately or they will be DQ.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...SP000008&c=OPT

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...SP000009&c=OPT

(2) Without these module connected to the ESC or on board on the car, the ESC itself (no matter which version of REVENTON) will not be able to adjust (not even 1 single option) wirelessly or with wire....NOTHING can be done.

(3) This wireless technology is very easy to be built within the ESC, but because there is the chance of cheating, we have to have them removed from the ESC and to create something that is "NON-SMALL" in order for the tech to SPOT it out from looking at it. It can be as small as the new small personal transponder but we want it to be big so there will be no easy way to hide it.

(4) TCS legal..........talk to FRED. I don't want to spend more time because someone just has problem with mfr like us.

(5) ROAR already received these unit and they are working on getting them approve.........because of the new blinky software (we called it STOCK0) and there will be the new BOOST version (STOCK1) coming later this summer.

(6) So far we have stock0 (blinky....waiting for ROAR to approve) and Mod0, Mod1 (version 0 without reverse, mod1 with - for drifting). Mod2 with BOOST coming after the WC.

I hope this explain to you guys about the wireless technology and please do ask question here and I will try to answer them.

The past weekend I was using my Reventon Stock Club Race ESC, with the bluetooth module and doing some demo with my HTC Sensation smart phone...having that adjust the ESC with the phone wirelessly in less then 30 sec is just awesome.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara
Ok.....I was told the new batch of REVENTON ESC (Version S and R, and possible Stock Club Race) are leaving the factory and we might have them instock in 10 days....of course, I will let everyone know here once I have a firm confirmation from the shipping company. So...stay tune.

I was trying to wait until we have the REVENTON ESC instock and post some more information about the WIRELESS technology...but I think I have to address these concern now since someone already thought of that and wondering HOW to "tech" someone was running blinky class and right after the tech, his "teammate" can wirelessly upload the BOOST software with very little timing added and try to CHEAT.

(1) That is NOT possible. The reason we created the 2 wirelss modules (bluetooth module for Android unit and WiFi module for Apple unit) is exactly this reason. When all the car using our REVENTON ESC, this wireless module unit CANNOT BE MOUNTED onto the car. These module are pretty good size and they are very easy to spot. When the tech saw this module on the car, EVEN THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED....should have the driver to remove it immediately or they will be DQ.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...SP000008&c=OPT

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...SP000009&c=OPT

(2) Without these module connected to the ESC or on board on the car, the ESC itself (no matter which version of REVENTON) will not be able to adjust (not even 1 single option) wirelessly or with wire....NOTHING can be done.

(3) This wireless technology is very easy to be built within the ESC, but because there is the chance of cheating, we have to have them removed from the ESC and to create something that is "NON-SMALL" in order for the tech to SPOT it out from looking at it. It can be as small as the new small personal transponder but we want it to be big so there will be no easy way to hide it.

(4) TCS legal..........talk to FRED. I don't want to spend more time because someone just has problem with mfr like us.

(5) ROAR already received these unit and they are working on getting them approve.........because of the new blinky software (we called it STOCK0) and there will be the new BOOST version (STOCK1) coming later this summer.

(6) So far we have stock0 (blinky....waiting for ROAR to approve) and Mod0, Mod1 (version 0 without reverse, mod1 with - for drifting). Mod2 with BOOST coming after the WC.

I hope this explain to you guys about the wireless technology and please do ask question here and I will try to answer them.

The past weekend I was using my Reventon Stock Club Race ESC, with the bluetooth module and doing some demo with my HTC Sensation smart phone...having that adjust the ESC with the phone wirelessly in less then 30 sec is just awesome.
Wow. thanks for the thorough response. besides, it takes (as you mentioned about 30 seconds to update IF they were able to. that would be an adjustment that could cause the car to go out of control. you SP guys think of everything...
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Availability of the 21.5 Ultra Sportsman V2.0?

Solara, any word on the availability of the 21.5 Ultra Sportsman V2.0 Brushless Motor (PN# SPF21V2). I have been looking to buy two of them for weeks and I can't find them in stock anywhere?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty
Solara, any word on the availability of the 21.5 Ultra Sportsman V2.0 Brushless Motor (PN# SPF21V2). I have been looking to buy two of them for weeks and I can't find them in stock anywhere?
I have one brand new in the box, never even been taken out of the box or soldered. PM me if you'd like. If you need two I also have a used one, about 2 hours of run time but it never went over 140*F.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I have one brand new in the box, never even been taken out of the box or soldered. PM me if you'd like. If you need two I also have a used one, about 2 hours of run time but it never went over 140*F.
PM sent...
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Wow. thanks for the thorough response. besides, it takes (as you mentioned about 30 seconds to update IF they were able to. that would be an adjustment that could cause the car to go out of control. you SP guys think of everything...
30 seconds or not is not the point....the idea is, we are NOT going to make anyone has the chance to alter the software version on the ESC before and after tech. Either it is by the driver on the driver stands or 100 feet from the track remote control the setup. Not possible....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.