Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe it's an unusual question but does anyone know if the case stickers of GT2.1 ESCs are available as spares?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

All, this may have been covered before...

The settings for “Digital Racing Response System - DRRS” Digital Racing Mode - is this when you are starting from a complete stop or when you have the throttle at neutral?

So for example if I am coming through a tight part of the track when I am off throttle (at neutral) letting the car roll and then when I come back on the throttle is it the DRRS setting that is providing the punch? I have mine set at 6 and still find that the car can feel a bit jerky when putting the throttle on - could just be my throttle finger but I am wondering if I should reduce the DRRS value or use some throttle curve to make it smoother?
Old 01-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
When I did the above, its still wont update and a pop up window says "network fault, pls check network connection" . Anything more I should do?
Originally Posted by oXYnary
I never saw a reply to this. Im encountering the same issue. Is there a FAQ somewhere for noobs at the LCD device? Like where on the Speedpassion site do you get the latest USB and firmware. As well as what is causing the above (Checked firewall already).

I have still not seen an answer to this. I tried the hobbywing software without issue. What is causing the network connection error?

Also, will a future update for the stock firmware allow the option to choose Cell amount? The ESC will not function unless the LV is turned off with 1 cell motors. Making and claims of it having low voltage protection untrue.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
All, this may have been covered before...

The settings for “Digital Racing Response System - DRRS” Digital Racing Mode - is this when you are starting from a complete stop or when you have the throttle at neutral?

So for example if I am coming through a tight part of the track when I am off throttle (at neutral) letting the car roll and then when I come back on the throttle is it the DRRS setting that is providing the punch? I have mine set at 6 and still find that the car can feel a bit jerky when putting the throttle on - could just be my throttle finger but I am wondering if I should reduce the DRRS value or use some throttle curve to make it smoother?

I find that DRRS is for "punch" out of corners until the supercharger takes over. I have started low and increased the DRRS to get the feel I want.

I have found that more DRRS will make the transition to supercharger less noticable.

I have had it on settings 3 and 4 on low traction and noticed a big difference when the supercharger activates, then when I moved to 6 or 7 as traction increases not as much of a "second gear" felt.

So, yes you can lower DRRS to get a smoother feel out of the corner or increase the supercharger delay if lowering the DRRS is not making a difference, make sure to set the DRRS back to 6 then if moving the delay.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74
Maybe it's an unusual question but does anyone know if the case stickers of GT2.1 ESCs are available as spares?
Contact your country distributor, they should have some to send you. It is not a option or spare, but they should have spare to send you.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Solara
Contact your country distributor, they should have some to send you. It is not a option or spare, but they should have spare to send you.
Thank you, i'll ask them about it.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Today whilst racing I have had problems with my esc/motor. I am running the 110 software on a GT2.0 LPF in 13.5 touring in a small hall, indoor rubber tyre. The motor kept going into sensorless mode whist running. When it did this the car would judder whilst running and be something like half throttle. I pulled the car off the track and I knew that it was going sensorless as the green light was flashing.

I turned the esc off and on again and it ran sensored with full power for about a minute, and then went sensorless again. After ~20s the car would slow to a crawl and then get faster, almost up to full speed. When I pulled the car off in this state the red light would come on with the throttle, but the green light didn't come on again at full throttle. Turned the car off and on again, motor ran at full sensored power and the green light came on at full throttle. This wasn't a problem with the radio as I adjusted the end points to make sure that it wasn't due to the high point drifting.

My next thought was that it could be the sensor wire so I swapped that with identical results. I then swapped the motor, and again identical results. All in I tried two motors (one GM and one Novak) with 4 sensor wires (Speed Passion, Losi and Novak), the only constant was the esc.

Sometimes the problem seemed to be triggered by brushing the track markers, but other time it would just go sensorless in the middle of the straight. Could this be a problem with the sensor connectors in the esc, or is it possible that it could be a software problem? I always double flash the esc firmware and reset the esc neutral and end points. Other things I considered were issues with the power capacitor.

I'm hoping that someone may have some ideas before I have to go and buy a new esc. As the problem usually happens about a minute into a race its a bit difficult to diagnose at home. I have never overheated the esc or motors as I run in a 10x10m hall and there is no need to!

Also, I am interested in the GT2.1 EX esc. Is this a completely new esc or is it a different case for the GT2.0? I mainly run 13.5 touring, but occasionally 4WD mod offroad on high grip surfaces and would like one esc for both classes to replace my tired old GTB.

Cheers

Ben, UK
Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi Guys

I am looking at racing 21.5 on a medium sized outdoor track and looking for a starting FDR and some starting settings for the ESC (GT 2.0) - anyone help ?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey
Today whilst racing I have had problems with my esc/motor. I am running the 110 software on a GT2.0 LPF in 13.5 touring in a small hall, indoor rubber tyre. The motor kept going into sensorless mode whist running. When it did this the car would judder whilst running and be something like half throttle. I pulled the car off the track and I knew that it was going sensorless as the green light was flashing.

I turned the esc off and on again and it ran sensored with full power for about a minute, and then went sensorless again. After ~20s the car would slow to a crawl and then get faster, almost up to full speed. When I pulled the car off in this state the red light would come on with the throttle, but the green light didn't come on again at full throttle. Turned the car off and on again, motor ran at full sensored power and the green light came on at full throttle. This wasn't a problem with the radio as I adjusted the end points to make sure that it wasn't due to the high point drifting.

My next thought was that it could be the sensor wire so I swapped that with identical results. I then swapped the motor, and again identical results. All in I tried two motors (one GM and one Novak) with 4 sensor wires (Speed Passion, Losi and Novak), the only constant was the esc.

Sometimes the problem seemed to be triggered by brushing the track markers, but other time it would just go sensorless in the middle of the straight. Could this be a problem with the sensor connectors in the esc, or is it possible that it could be a software problem? I always double flash the esc firmware and reset the esc neutral and end points. Other things I considered were issues with the power capacitor.

I'm hoping that someone may have some ideas before I have to go and buy a new esc. As the problem usually happens about a minute into a race its a bit difficult to diagnose at home. I have never overheated the esc or motors as I run in a 10x10m hall and there is no need to!

Also, I am interested in the GT2.1 EX esc. Is this a completely new esc or is it a different case for the GT2.0? I mainly run 13.5 touring, but occasionally 4WD mod offroad on high grip surfaces and would like one esc for both classes to replace my tired old GTB.

Cheers

Ben, UK
re set the esc to radio. stick with 2.0, and it wouldn't hurt to update your software to the 528 version.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i have the stock spec esc was wondering if lipo cutoff is preset from factory? i drained my lipo too low it didnt cut off either how to set it?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Drag and Initial brake force

Hi all

Using a GT2.0 ESC with 528 Mod software, running a 4.5 motor, what settings have you found work well for the drag brake and the initial brake force.

Regards
Gary
Old 01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Speedpassion release new software

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...02PROscb&c=ESC
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
Hi Guys

I am looking at racing 21.5 on a medium sized outdoor track and looking for a starting FDR and some starting settings for the ESC (GT 2.0) - anyone help ?
Need a bit more info:
1. How big is the track? 80ft straight, 100ft, 120ft?
2. Open ESC or no timing ESC?
3. What motor are you using?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g12314
Need a bit more info:
1. How big is the track? 80ft straight, 100ft, 120ft?
2. Open ESC or no timing ESC?
3. What motor are you using?
Probably between 80- and 100 ft. see here
Open ESC
Speed Passion V3 21.5R
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracerlol
i have the stock spec esc was wondering if lipo cutoff is preset from factory? i drained my lipo too low it didnt cut off either how to set it?
you need the scale spec programing box. I forget the part # but if you go to the SP web site and click on your esc it should pop up as a also get or something like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.