Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Can I use the lcd Professional programmer with out my pc or do I need to use the program card that came with the esc ? if I can use the lcd one how, as if I try it without the pc it just says 'please upgrade software' ?
Sorted that now, had to upgrade the software under the 'device' tab.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
would be nice to get a pdf that uses terminology that matches the document, the lcd and the desktop software... ITs aggravating as F!!@# to be adjusting things with different names.

The desktop sucks arse in my opinion..

If we must refer to each stetting by its numerical order then it would be nice to see those number on the desktop and the LCD. Along with matching setting lables...

sorry for the rant... Thanks for the new software.. but please the software is the hard part lets not forget the simple things like documentation and continuity of terminology.
No response yet?

Something else that is needed on this thread(first post preferably) is a FAQ this goes for the Hobbywing thread. Some of the questions on here are repeated over and over again. mine included.... If someone from SP or HW where here they could start a thread and reserve the first 2 posts for their info and updates. First post could be for Software links,screenshots and updated info. The second post a FAQ... I frequent sites like ppcgeeks and xda that develop ROMS for smart phones. This is how they arrange their threads. With the software wars on it would be much easier for everyone to have an organized thread.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No response yet?

Something else that is needed on this thread(first post preferably) is a FAQ this goes for the Hobbywing thread. Thats would be nice, but it just isnt so at this time.Some of the questions on here are repeated over and over again. mine included.... If someone from SP or HW where here they could start a thread and reserve the first 2 posts for their info and updates.Again, it would be nice...even if we posted at the beginning of the thread, people will still be lazy and ask the same questions over and over. Human Nature i suppose. First post could be for Software links,screenshots and updated info. The second post a FAQ... I frequent sites like ppcgeeks and xda that develop ROMS for smart phones. This is how they arrange their threads. With the software wars on it would be much easier for everyone to have an organized thread.
Joel,
Are the other ESC companies here on RCTECH doing this format?
I totally understand your rant and also frequent sites with the same format as the ones you mentioned(avid Nissan enthusiast). I think for the most part, RCTECH has been a wealth of information concerning questions being answered about Speedpassion Products. HOWEVER, there are FAQs about each Speedpasion Product specifically on the SpeedPassion site that you can certainly attain once you go on there. Even when you download the latest software, included is the latest PDF with settings/definitions/ etc for you and is just a click away. Although RCTECH is a great means of communication, it isn't the center of the universe when it comes to brand-specific faqs, etc. So instead of some of the rude responses i have had in the automotive forums (DO A SEARCH, NOOB!)yes, that is a common response when you have a simple question, some of us team drivers from Speedpassion take a personal approach and gladly answer people's questions individually the best we can. So is it a perfect system? Probably not. Has it worked? Most definitely. Can it be improved? I think so. Bigger miracles has happened. Look at how awesome the 100528_Stock is? Only last year, we never even heard of "Boost".

Cheers.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dont get me wrong. Its all good on here. I dont want to come off as bitchy or annoyed... But you must admit that we could improve a bit on what we have... Every page some asks does this work on XYZ..

As i said the DESKTOP software, the PDF and the LCD dont all share the same terminology for all 15 settings. Nor do they all of them use this 1-15 item number that most users here are using. Setting #XX does not show up on a PDF or the DESKTOP or the LCD.

We all know that #9 is AMTS.. or is it DMTS? The latest software(Speed Passion USB Interface software V1.33 and software #100528) Includes a DPF file yet if you click on help it loads a different file one using AMTS the other DMTS. One uses an item number the other does not..

I know its nit picky and i should just shut up. but much of the confusion on here and repeat questions could be reduced with clear documentation. I know its the price to pay for quick development..

Here is what i am talking about. The 2 docs are included with the latest software. not only do they not match each other they dont always match the desktop software nore the LCD... Im sure i dont need a screen shot of the desktop software to illustrate my issue further?

I guess im just looking to have my cake and eat it too!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Dont get me wrong. Its all good on here. I dont want to come off as bitchy or annoyed... But you must admit that we could improve a bit on what we have... Every page some asks does this work on XYZ..

As i said the DESKTOP software, the PDF and the LCD dont all share the same terminology for all 15 settings. Nor do they all of them use this 1-15 item number that most users here are using. Setting #XX does not show up on a PDF or the DESKTOP or the LCD.

We all know that #9 is AMTS.. or is it DMTS? The latest software(Speed Passion USB Interface software V1.33 and software #100528) Includes a DPF file yet if you click on help it loads a different file one using AMTS the other DMTS. One uses an item number the other does not..

I know its nit picky and i should just shut up. but much of the confusion on here and repeat questions could be reduced with clear documentation. I know its the price to pay for quick development..

Here is what i am talking about. The 2 docs are included with the latest software. not only do they not match each other they dont always match the desktop software nore the LCD... Im sure i dont need a screen shot of the desktop software to illustrate my issue further?

I see what you are saying. Maybe this can be fixed now that is has been addressed. Thanks for taking the time Joel...it really is much appreciated!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

charlie_b and team

is the 528 Stock and Mod safe to use? I suppose it is as it is offically posted on the Speed Passion website. I rmb previously thr was 230/231 Beta and someone mention "use at ur own risk".. What are team drivers (ie Marc rheinard) using? 230? 422? 528?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ronaldo-1234
charlie_b and team

is the 528 Stock and Mod safe to use? I suppose it is as it is offically posted on the Speed Passion website. I rmb previously thr was 230/231 Beta and someone mention "use at ur own risk".. What are team drivers (ie Marc rheinard) using? 230? 422? 528?
We all tested the software, so it is fine...but it is still at you own risk. It is impossible to guarantee anything electronic due to the fact that every user is different and there is no control on how a user would use/abuse it.

Is it safe to race? Definitely.
Could if blow your stuff? Definitely, just like any software, but most unlikely if not abused(geared wrong, using stock software with mod motor, etc.).
The 100528 stock and mod are tested and has been very successful at the track.

Reinhard is using the 100258_mod.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

great call joel, we didnt catch that either.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

the V2 motors,do they have 5* of timing cause it sounds like a hole lot more.i know mr crum and marcos said 5 but i want to make sure
Old 06-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
the V2 motors,do they have 5* of timing cause it sounds like a hole lot more.i know mr crum and marcos said 5 but i want to make sure
hey smoke i think they have 12 static but not sure
Old 06-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
great call joel, we didnt catch that either.

I saw it, but I'm just the team step child so I didn't say anything
Old 06-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys what settings do you use with the 528 on 17.5SP?iIs it OK to use the same settings and gearing as the 422?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barger
Hi Guys what settings do you use with the 528 on 17.5SP?iIs it OK to use the same settings and gearing as the 422?
From my own experience, yes you can start with your stock 422 ESC settings and gearing with the new stock 528 software. I always exercise a bit of caution with any new software changes and temp the motor after 2 minutes of running on the track.

Regarding actual ESC settings, information of which motor you are running and the size of the track are required. The testing we have done so far shows that very different ESC setups are required for a given track. I use two very different ESC setups from a larger flowing track to a tight technical track.

Jimmy
Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

@Joal, where can I find that pdf ?

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barger
try these

its what I ran with the 422 but it worked great with the 528
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Marcos.J ESC Settings#1.pdf (137.4 KB, 251 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.