Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

which is a better for 4.0T for as lipo running for TC. 323_t or 323_m? or what other sw is suggested for mod motor
Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lastsun
which is a better for 4.0T for as lipo running for TC. 323_t or 323_m? or what other sw is suggested for mod motor
To be honest, it is more feel than anything else. I recommend having the SAME settings and seeing which feels better on top of which Software deems better lap times. Then you can tell the difference.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys where do i download the latest software for the 2.1
Old 03-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wicksy1
hey guys where do i download the latest software for the 2.1
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/index.asp
Old 03-31-2010, 07:04 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Any forecasts on when the next stock firmware would be out; better than 230, 231?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

is it ok to run a 10.5 on the stock program and what issues should i look out for if it would have an issue.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:37 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spdrac430
is it ok to run a 10.5 on the stock program and what issues should i look out for if it would have an issue.
10.5 is fine. start with moderate settings and gearing. If on the first 1/2 lap the car feels slow or abnormal (no punch, or tops out very quickly, etc), bring it back to the bench. Temp often; both esc and motor. I'd temp every few laps even if the car is behaving good. NEVER attempt full 5 or 6 min runs and NEVER attempt to run a battery dry when merely trying to test a setting or FDR. Not very productive and not good for the equipment.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

just in case whats the mod setting for a 10.5 on the sp gt2.0 lpf and i was gona go down 5 teeth and drop the punch down and go with 8 degrees of timing its for a 1/10 2wd buggy off road and im not running the supercharged program
Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

approximately when will the finished version ready for download

what it may be that the supercharger uses too late? drive the speedpassion 2.0 with a 17.5 t speedpassion com. 3.0

sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany and use Google to translate.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Shop Owner

Originally Posted by Dave H
Too much timing maybe? Where was your motor timing set? Was the motor getting hot?
If you refer to motor rimming I had it on 0. AMTS and DDRS where not high either.

Motor definitely wasn't hot
Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Shop Owner

Originally Posted by skypilot
after updating your software, you must recalibrate your esc to your radio,

when i first installed the new software it worked, but the next time it didn't, i recalibrated the esc again and its working just fine, everytime.

hope that helps.
Yes I have done that, still the issue was there
Old 04-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Just thought ide put this on here.

If anyone has been on the SP website recently, there is a pdf under downloads for the LCD programmer:

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...g%20points.pdf

I found this an interesting and very helpful read regarding the supercharger. Nice work guys!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

I ran the supercharger software last weekend for the first time. Sadly, due to the rubbish weather we had and struggling with my car setup, I didn't get as much time to test different settings out as I wanted to.

First up, it certainly seems much more powerful than the 107/110 versions. I was running the SP V3 13.5 motor which throughout all of the following still came off pretty cold, so I'm confident there's more to find yet.

I played around a little with the delay timing and rpm points but couldn't get it quite perfect in the time I had. The new document on the Speed Passion site is certainly very useful and I think I now know where I was going a bit wrong - well, at least it gives me some things to try next time out!

I think I was possibly using too much timing on the speedo for the track size in retrospect.

I was fairly confident towards the end of the weekend that I had a little more bottom end rip than those running the Tekin 203, but was loosing out to them in the last quarter of the straight (main straight fairly small, probably only 40-45 metres) BUT the car was VERY drivable through the infield.

One issue I did encounter:
I turned the timing on the motor up to max for one run - just to 'try it out' and learn what effect that had. When I rev'd the car up, it felt very flat and the supercharger would not engage. Returning the motor to middle timing bought it all back to life. Perhaps something for others to check if they think they are having a similar problem to this?

Hopefully more testing this weekend.

Oli
Old 04-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ballistic 10.5T with supercharger

Hello all, I have a quick question.

For those of you who are running ballistic 10.5 T with the supercharger, do you guys reduce the physical timing of the motor or leave it at "N"?

The asphalt track I run at is fairly large, has a long straight and high traction.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:21 AM
TEM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
I ran the supercharger software last weekend for the first time. Sadly, due to the rubbish weather we had and struggling with my car setup, I didn't get as much time to test different settings out as I wanted to.

First up, it certainly seems much more powerful than the 107/110 versions. I was running the SP V3 13.5 motor which throughout all of the following still came off pretty cold, so I'm confident there's more to find yet.

I played around a little with the delay timing and rpm points but couldn't get it quite perfect in the time I had. The new document on the Speed Passion site is certainly very useful and I think I now know where I was going a bit wrong - well, at least it gives me some things to try next time out!

I think I was possibly using too much timing on the speedo for the track size in retrospect.

I was fairly confident towards the end of the weekend that I had a little more bottom end rip than those running the Tekin 203, but was loosing out to them in the last quarter of the straight (main straight fairly small, probably only 40-45 metres) BUT the car was VERY drivable through the infield.

One issue I did encounter:
I turned the timing on the motor up to max for one run - just to 'try it out' and learn what effect that had. When I rev'd the car up, it felt very flat and the supercharger would not engage. Returning the motor to middle timing bought it all back to life. Perhaps something for others to check if they think they are having a similar problem to this?

Hopefully more testing this weekend.

Oli
More bottom end than a Tekin?? Serious? What were your esc settings, final motor timing and FDR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.