Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

popdada,

I only have a Tamiya mini body at home and I checked it will fit, I would like to try those HPI club racer body on though. Especially the Datsun 510.

You are right it will fit 210-224mm wheel base by putting shim in front or back of the A-arm to adjust the wheel base. Hopefully I can finish it tonight and test it at the Tamiya track.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks! let us know how it goes...I just order one off ebay, so I can check my club racer body to it when I get it..if the mini fits, then any tamiya should...

Last edited by popdada; 05-29-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Just came back from the Tamiya track, with no hop-up and only bearings, it works pretty good, lots of steering with the RP tires. Need to play with suspension more to fine tune next time. I wonder where I can get bigger pinion. I am using 51 spur and 24 pinion and my silver can is just warm. I probably need way bigger pinion for the Tamiya track.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

cool! did the kit come with bearings? I don't think I have any in my tt...so it ran fine with the tamiya mini body? 225? 224, close enough I guess! have to order a body, and I hate to waste time with something that don't fit!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Tested it at the Tamiya track again and works good with 5000 gear oil for gas car in the gear diff. Handle as good or better than the FWD Tamiya Mini I ran with. I am using Mini copper 50795 body, watch out for front tire touching the body when turn to the max , may need to trim the body a little.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Just guessing here...

But as a customer of the 3Racing graphite conversion kit for the regular TT01, I would imagine all the gearing mods applicable to that kit would work with this one? Like the F201 gear mod? I can't find the page at the moment, but somewhere around here was a chart using F201 gears and up to 30t pinions...that kit was high enough quality that I think I will be converting that chassis over to this WB. BTW many TGS parts interchange, but were CRP...way stronger and way cheap all things considered.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hyde
3racing dowg bones, upper and lower arms, centre shaft, chassis...what's left of a tt01?

I've try to make a tc3 a mini....to much work and not worth the money
I need to post pics and video of the little "TC3-M" someone has around here.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've got the conversion kit coming to me, so I was previewing the instructions on the 3Racing website. It appears (as far as I can tell) that you need a separate shock tower piece to make this kit work. Is this correct? Does the kit come with shock towers? Can I reuse the one piece TT-01 diff housing/shock tower?

I'll be a little bit pissed if I have to order more parts to make this work.

Jim
Old 08-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Don't forget 3racing drivers brought a prototype belt-drive 4WD M chassis at China race.
In fact somebody tell me could be a MINI TRF416.
So i believe could just a conversion for mini, not full kit.
As we can see 3racing will release very soon own version bulkhead and motor mount.
So you don't need to have already a original kit to convert it at mini, you could just buy per parts to join it for full kit.

About for the people which love shaft mini kit, i suggest Nanda NRX-12 could be also really nice car, but i am not sure how about his reliability, if his gearbox could be resistable or not.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I got most of the assembly done on my conversion last night and noticed a few things that seem like oversights. First, the body posts don't quite fit the Tamiya shock towers that well. I actually cracked a shock tower while tightening down one of them. Odd.

The other thing is that even without the foam bumper on, the chassis actually sticks out past the front of the body. I tried 3 bodies last night, and it was the same in all cases. This makes me wonder what body actually fits this chassis with the bumper in place?

Jim
Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

got mine on the way, hoping this 510 body i have will fit......
Old 12-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

build and bashed mine for almost 4 month...
no word's out from the complaint department

i use the bodypost that came with the TT-01 kit ..
with HPI's 225mm honda civic bodyshell.

speedmind's 30t pinion with 55t spur should get u at 4.58 ratio

i also use tamiya's (TG10,TB-01) ball diff gear set ( internal ratio at 2.5 )
diff cup from TB-01 with fit in nicely
( hate that oversized TT01 diff cup )
with the UJ from the Tamiya's Mchasis

handle much more better in 225mm then 210mm
Old 12-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Initiate

good to know about the longer wheel base, i will be running 225 with the hpi cup racer body. any pics? what tires do you run? i have been looking at 3racing radial. reasonably priced at $12 a 4 set.
i am thinking about running it with a super stock RZ, either that or the sidewinder....
Old 12-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

I've also just completed my build. Mini Universals and the 3 racing aluminimum center shaft a must... however, the thing that has stumped me is the size of the turnbuckles... they are way too small... none of my turnbuckle wrenches work.. it's driving me crazy.... looking at replacing them with "real" turnbuckles..
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

i would have to agree with clittle, VERY frustrating. i just finished, (pics to come shortly). it's a really great build, i managed to get it all toghether with spare parts, well, ALMOST. slapped an ezrun 5.5 combo in there and it hauls with the 25/55 gear ratio, but the gear mesh is not close enough so gonna have to bring it down a bit. really impressed with the quality but the instructions were at times lost in translation, and/or just too basic, but overall i would give the kit a 5 outta 5. great value and a simpler/less expensive for me chassis than the HPI cup racer which was the other alternative in order to mount the body of my favorite car in the world, the datsun 510. also, did anyone notice that the instructions said to have the steering turnbuckle 25mm and the turnbuckles to the front hubs at 14mm, WAY off, i just had to do it by guess and test, no biggy tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.