Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
The lipo tray, I don't even need one. The car is perfectly balanced the way it is. It might be a little off, but it runs great! I know adding a ppd tray would put wayyyyyy to much weight on the lipo side with the motor flush to the chassis.
Ah, I didn't flip the belts nor will I space the lipo off the chassis. With the ppd tray and lipo weight taped to the lipo, I am very close to balanced and close to 1500g. I always try to run to ROAR spec, even at a club even that doesn't tech. My motor is shoved in some, but not much. I try to keep it balanced with the weight as inward as possible on both sides. For fun Ill take pics of my finished setup later this week. (As long as the guys wanting paint from me don't hussle me too much ;-)

Originally Posted by skypilot
you need to be careful with the molded blocks, as stated, they have built in toe, so with a 1mm spacer front and rear it has like 2.5 rear toe, when your adding or removing spacers your actually twisting or putting a bind on the molded blocks. make sure your hinge pins don't bind
Thanks everyone for informing me on the molded in toe. As far as the hinge pin, I don't expect it to roll freely. I've made sure to ream the inner hinge pin mount, and ream the rear hub as I've read on the Schumacher site. My arms fall freely as does the whole assembly.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 10-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Adam you need add a clause for team members, no bodies that were painted by a chimp with a crayon

Casey, I can still give you the same price I did last time bro, I can give you drips now if you want them instead of flames, and they will be in the RIGHT direction
You gotta make his drips go both directions... M.C. Escher-like. That way it will be a trip even for those not trippin'...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Mark, ran the TC5 last race. Its now stripped of electronics It sure looked like it could have been my maiden run with the Mi4 though.....that was NOT expert class driving.... :-( :-(
I'm going to have to check that sweet ride of yours out on Sunday .... assuming you are racing this weekend .

Dude, you are too hard on yourself. Your driving is fine. Just don't hit the dots like I do .
Old 10-06-2009, 01:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Adam you need add a clause for team members, no bodies that were painted by a chimp with a crayon

Casey, I can still give you the same price I did last time bro, I can give you drips now if you want them instead of flames, and they will be in the RIGHT direction
I'll work on that, unfortunately that looks better than any body I have ever painted
Old 10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Ah, I didn't flip the belts nor will I space the lipo off the chassis. With the ppd tray and lipo weight taped to the lipo, I am very close to balanced and close to 1500g. I always try to run to ROAR spec, even at a club even that doesn't tech. My motor is shoved in some, but not much. I try to keep it balanced with the weight as inward as possible on both sides. For fun Ill take pics of my finished setup later this week. (As long as the guys wanting paint from me don't hussle me too much ;-)
The lipo isnt hanging off the chassis. Its got probably a 2 or so mm before its flush with the edge of the chassis. ROAR weight is 1425g anyhow isnt it? As far as electronics center lined, my stuff is as pushed pretty far, and pretty darn close to the belt. So you might as well have the motor match that and have it all close to centerline.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Roar Rules:

Weight
Minimum – Foam: 1418 gr

Minimum – Rubber: 1500 gr

For some reason I thought your lipo was hanging off the edge. Sorry. Hmm, Ill play around with the belts then. Already hurt my front grey belt. Boy is it soft. Was just checking tension, gunned it then slammed on brakes, skipped a TON... Tension was set a tad tighter than my TC5... I wish the cams had finer adjustment, or if Schumie released cams that were offset to the standard positions.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I'll work on that, unfortunately that looks better than any body I have ever painted
Let me know if you need something done
Old 10-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello all.

I am seriously considering switching from my xray 009 to the mi4.
Is there anyone brazen enough to give me their 2 cents as to why they like the car and perhaps some pointers to consider straight out of the box build and setupwise?
I'm running on carpet.
Rubber.

Marcos...Your the post master, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Dave.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hello all.

Is there anyone brazen enough to give me their 2 cents as to why they like the car and perhaps some pointers to consider straight out of the box build and setupwise?
I'm running on carpet.
Rubber.

Thanks in advance,
Dave.
Im moving from a T2 007 to a Mi4, and Black'doutshuie has driven my xray and other xrays. He can give you a good .02, cause he work's on a Xray cause his friend Sawyer cant work on RC cars to say his life.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Roar Rules:

Weight
Minimum – Foam: 1418 gr

Minimum – Rubber: 1500 gr

For some reason I thought your lipo was hanging off the edge. Sorry. Hmm, Ill play around with the belts then. Already hurt my front grey belt. Boy is it soft. Was just checking tension, gunned it then slammed on brakes, skipped a TON... Tension was set a tad tighter than my TC5... I wish the cams had finer adjustment, or if Schumie released cams that were offset to the standard positions.
You can get finer adjustments, just use a shim or 2 under the blocks that lock the cams in position. I had'nt thought about it untill you mentioned finer adjustments.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Finally got legit run time in on the car for the first time. Amazing. Thank you Adam and Kenny. We ran 10.5 foam today. Quite interesting with a serpents back in the track.

Haynes, I should have listened to you way back when you tried selling me a losi (at the time) at 360 and I should have switched to a Schumacher behind you as well.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello all.

I'm running on carpet.
Rubber.

Thanks in advance,
Dave.
The Mi4 was developed in Great Britain where all they run is rubber tire. Carpet and Asphalt. It is amazing on Carpet with Rubber tires.

I switched from Xray last season to Schumacher this season and I was turning lap times on par or faster then on my Xray on my Schumacher's maiden run.

Setup Tips:

-The stock pivot blocks have toe already in them if shimmed the same front to rear, so always check toe on a setup station.
-Chris Grainger's Maritime carpet setup should be an awesome starting point if your track is high traction or has a groove going. If you're on a track with little to no groove/grip, I can send you a base I started with.

Last edited by Danny-b23; 10-06-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Added Stuff.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
That makes like 3 out of 15 people who gave some form of compliment to the best paint job I've ever done......

Larcher, I'll let you know when I settle on the colors....

First night with the Mi4......... "I'm freaken' out man!"

This car is AWESOME!!!!!! Simple and simply a great drive. SO easy to work on, solid, and I'm just very happy with it, especially for a first run. So impressed.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Hello all.

I'm running on carpet.
Rubber.

Thanks in advance,
Dave.
lol I havent ran mine on carpet yet , but i will next month Out of the box the set up is pretty good but it lacks some steering.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Very good night with the Mi4. Got 10.5 foam setup pretty close to dialed in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.