R/C Tech Live @ the 2003 US Indoor Championsions in Cleveland, OH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2003 US Indoor Championsions in Cleveland, OH

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

does anybody have the full results after the a mains just want to get the overalls??
Old 11-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

429racer - a prototype is not necessarily meant to be manhandled (it doesn't use the same plastics or fit and finish of the production version), and appearances can be deceiving, so I'm glad your first impression of the car wasn't what you thought. Hopefully you will wait to see how the local racers at your track do with the Pro 4 before making a final judgement.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:40 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Hi all,

I just got home, almost 4 AM my time. Been quite a weekend. Man, I wish I had been there for the 12th Scale A Mains, but I was running out of gas and I needed to hit the road before I crashed (both figuratively and literally).

First, thanks everybody for all the kind words and support. You'll be happy to know that I'll be doing this for the Snowbird Nationals and ROAR Carpet Nationals, in February and March respectively. Sadly I won't make it to the Novak US Touring Car Champs at Trackside, as I'll be in Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics Show on the same weekend.

Next, I apologize but I don't have full final results for the A (or any other) mains. Mr. Bill is going to mail me a printout but that could take a while, he is quite busy with post-race stuff and likely many other things, since he's been going non stop for weeks now on this race. Hopefully I can find the info somewhere else online, or from one of the guys who was there. If anybody has A mains results PLEASE email them to me!

These are the winners as I know them:

Stock Touring: Alex Lopez
Masters Touring: ?
Modified Touring: Mike Blackstock
Stock 1/12th Scale: Vicky Blackstock
Masters 1/12th Scale: Bob Vanwagner
Modified 1/12th Scale: John Orr

If someone could fill in Masters for me that would be great, I was packing up my car while the race was going on.

And finally, thanks to those of you who I got a chance to meet this weekend, and I hope to catch you all again sometime soon. I might even have a chance to race once or twice between now and then...
Old 12-01-2003, 12:53 AM
R/C Tech Founder

To answer some individual questions and stuff, in reverse order:

Frank: Moving to the UK? I like the FAQ on your website! What do I have to do to get a Pro 4 kit for review so I can spill the beans on it here?

Andrew, Corey & others: See my previous post...

429: Would like to know about the Orr/Spashett finish myself. Cyrul and Hara had an absolutely awesome duel in the B main of 12th mod, some of the best head-to-head racing I've ever seen.

mike_webb: nashrcracer will have DVDs of the event available. Be sure to hit up his www.nashrcracer.com to see when they'll be ready. I think they're like $20. I don't have the winner of Masters TC yet, hoping someone can fill that in for me.

Derek: Will do, and I did finally find Jeff last night. I was running on about 2 hours of sleep so I couldn't quite join in the party, though.

Also, I will have some more pictures -- only a few, though -- to post sometime tomorrow after I get back from work.

Thanks all.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default FYI

Just an FYI Nashrcracer and I just got home. Robert has the full results along with footage of the disputed finish. I'm sure he will get it up on the site ASAP... day off tomorrow and he will get everyone the info including the FULL results from top to bottom. We've been up for right at 24 hours straight so I'm off to bed...

I think Van got touring masters???

Shane... it was nice meeting you man and thanks for saving the luggage cart for us LOL Later

be sure to check out his site for all the info...

www.nashrcracer.com

Old 12-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guess what I'm doing!
Old 12-01-2003, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

well I'm finished! the Mains are posted with lap times and I mean all the mains right down to the "L" touring stock check them out at
http://cleveland.nashrcracer.com

I will have pictures of the IRS rugrat and Frank Calandra's 3.2 and Tfource car I even have pictures of a Corally and the Rev 3.2 Speed Merchant

Good night for now I'm going to sleep since I just got done with a 3 hour drive of a 8 hour ride back from the cleveland. See you all next year.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:53 AM
Tech Initiate

NASH,

Do you know if Orr was running a box-stock L3? Also curios on how the associated guys mounted the new low profile 1/12 bodies without hitting the rear damper post screw.

Thanks.

P.S. You and Shane did a great coverage job - hats off to you guys!
Old 12-01-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
I would too. Must have been super close as Spashett is a very good sport so their muct have been a good reason for sure.
update? official results???

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Nash between your site and RC Tech you guys did a great job. Man it is like being at the racers but I got to sleep in my bed and eat tons and tons of turkey dinners!!!

Nice job for all those that worked hard to get this info to us.

Futureal nice job also as I know you had work today and a long drive home. Thanks for making this site what it is as one of the if not the best on the net.

Thanks to all.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Correction!!

Frank Calandra Jr won 12th masters for the 5th year in a row. He almost lapped the field.

Bob Van Wagner won Masters touring. Eli was gone, but got taken out by a lapper.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The coverage was great. With the updates coming at the end of
every round. I'm sure that was a lot of work to race, work on your car, then wait thru the line of people so you could take a picture of the qual. results and update people that couldn't make
it. Thanks
Old 12-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hear Hear!!!
Great job by the reporters, keeping the public informed!!
It's almost like watching in on video phone!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Futureal-it was great to meet you this weekend!! Good luck and see you at the ROAR Nats in March!!

Ray
Old 12-01-2003, 11:40 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I'll get the results updated on the front website sometime today, and then the final few pictures as soon as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.