Wiki Posts
Search

fitzpatrick models uk warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ROZKO
Hi guys!

Maybe i could give UK shops another chance, but not without your help.

So what i need is (guess what) :

1.Speed passion brushless motor
2.Trak power 4900 mAH LI-PO 2S1P , must be 25C NOT 20C!

So,for the motor i find the best price at www.racing-cars.com
For the batery the best price i could find at www.jespares.com

Now,guys please tell me if anyone knows about this two shops?
Any complains about them?
Any of them one man band shop?

regards,

Borut
racing-cars.com is the official Schumacher (speed passion distributor) site so you won't have any problems there!

I've used JEspares once and they were very good, cheap with good postage costs on a large item.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys!

Maybe i could give UK shops another chance, but not without your help.

So what i need is (guess what) :

1.Speed passion brushless motor

So,for the motor i find the best price at www.racing-cars.com
For the batery the best price i could find at www.jespares.com

Now,guys please tell me if anyone knows about this two shops?
Any complains about them?
Any of them one man band shop?

regards,

Borut
Lemme have a word with Schumacher and Trakpower, and we'll see what we can do about sorting you out.

For the record, I'm a one woman operation, far better lol.

Last edited by sldmodels; 04-09-2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: remembered something i wanted to say
Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Although I've not bought from either, I'm sure Sarah is reputable from what I've seen at club meetings, and I know a guy at JE who is very good and no way would get involved with rip off merchants, so I'd not worry about using JE or SLD.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I believe the 20C and 25C packs are the same packs with different labels. FWIW.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sldmodels
!0 pages of complaints!!! Wow John, you've really ballsed this up haven't you mate? I have a pretty good idea why this has happened, it's not because he's s scammer, that would take some level of intelligence - omg, how bitchy am I? must be my blood sugar levels, got to be lol.

I have the same suppliers as John, I can get anything John can and more, so if the people who haven't had their bits still want them and want to order via me ( sorry if this is breaking any posting rules, please let me know if it does, but this kinda thing makes us all look bad ).

Let me know what you want so I can check mine and my supplier's stocks levels before ordering.

my website is www dot sldmodels dot co dot uk

Sarah
Sarah,

I have just looked at your website. In all fairness it has the same type of format as Fitzpatrick models. You do not provide

a registered office address or contact address
a landline phone number
a mobile phone number
proof of public liability insurance (required if you sell at race meetings)
VAT number

Your "contact us" page actually only asks for our details for you to respond to. I dont think that is acceptable.

I'm not associated with FP models. I am equally appalled that a lot of people have lost money, but that is the danger of trying to buy cheap.

I promise, if you buy from ANY online shop that directly takes a VISA/master card you will get your money back if the goods don't arrive.

if you buy from a "shop" that only takes paypal you are doing nothing more than taking a gamble. A wayt to reduce that gamble is to fund your paypal account from a credit card, not a debit card or bank account.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi!

Simond001, i really dont understand what you are saying.

Yes, i lost some money because my friend payed via paypal.

How would we feel now if we knew that one lying John Fitzpatrick has my friends direkt VISA number?
That card wouldnt exist no more, i can tell you that!

regards,

Borut
Old 04-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!

Simond001, i really dont understand what you are saying.

Yes, i lost some money because my friend payed via paypal.

How would we feel now if we knew that one lying John Fitzpatrick has my friends direkt VISA number?
That card wouldnt exist no more, i can tell you that!

regards,

Borut
Hi Borut.

VISA offer consumer protection, in the event that you do not recieve goods, the goods are faulty or the company ceases trading they can (and will) refund your money. This is becuase you are not purchasing the items from the online "shop" but from them.

Anyone accepting VISA is also more likely to be a legitimate business as they have to provide details to the banks.

Also, if a trader misuses card details they would be shut down immediately, and again your money would be refunded. You cannot set up a VISA retail account from [email protected] You can set up a paypal account with just [email protected]

As most sellers will advise, as soon as money comes into their paypal account they remove it. This is due to paypal erring on the side of the purchaser in disputes, and traders now being very wary of clawbacks. Unfortunately this has a detrimental effect in this instance.

If you fund your paypal account from a VISA debit card you may also have some redress. This link whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/ explains how they may be able to assist.

As an example to what you need to see on a ligitimate business website i would advise a site like this. modelsinmotion.co.uk
It shows a landline number, address and commercial bank payment options (credit cards).

I hope this helps, maybe have a look at the payment used to fund paypal, and you may have some comeback there.

Simond
Old 04-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Simond001
Sarah,

I have just looked at your website. In all fairness it has the same type of format as Fitzpatrick models. You do not provide

a registered office address or contact address
a landline phone number
a mobile phone number
proof of public liability insurance (required if you sell at race meetings)
VAT number

Your "contact us" page actually only asks for our details for you to respond to. I dont think that is acceptable.

I'm not associated with FP models. I am equally appalled that a lot of people have lost money, but that is the danger of trying to buy cheap.

I promise, if you buy from ANY online shop that directly takes a VISA/master card you will get your money back if the goods don't arrive.

if you buy from a "shop" that only takes paypal you are doing nothing more than taking a gamble. A wayt to reduce that gamble is to fund your paypal account from a credit card, not a debit card or bank account.
True, but I have only changed it to that format recently, and still working out the do's and dont's of how it works. What I can do is point you in the direction of the micro forum (www.uk-mircrorc.co.uk) as there are plenty of people there who know me, and can tell you various things about me (not all bad I can assue you).

I don't jave the ability to take payments by card directly, and I wouldn't want that facility either, as it can be abused moreso than paypal. The main problem with paypal, is the time taken for money to transfer into bank accounts. It takes upto a week for money to go from my paypal account to my bank, or vice versa, however, that's not a problem anymore as I have a Paypal credit card, so what I tend to do now, is leave the money in my paypal account, and transfer it to the card as and when needed, which should take seconds).

As for the contact details, the shop email address is sales @ sldmodels.co.uk (I get spammed to death at the mo' which is why I've split it up a little). The landline is 01785 290498, mobile is 0776 5433 771. I'm not vat registered, as unless you're taking are above £50k a year, you don't have to be, and it's more hassle. Currently changing my insurance company, as they all seem to be a bit thick, and expect you to have some sort of phsycic (sp?) abaility to know when they're going to take payment (when they send the details to the wrong bloody address and blame you - twice that's happend now!).

Any other questions, just ask.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Sarah,

Firstly, please be assured that I am not against your business in any way. I was just highlighting the similarity to FP business model.

Regarding Paypal, from a consumer point of view the fact it takes a week to remove money from a PP account is a positive step. This was to allow buyers to receive their goods before the seller got the money. The consumer could then reclaim the money of goods were wrong / didnt arrive etc.

Obviously this was open to abuse, as a lot of buyers make fraudulent claims which affects the business.

I appreciate you giving your email "address". My point is that the business could be based anywhere in the country, or the world. Why do websites not show a true postal address.

I found "The Shop ST17" address. Surely this could be shown on your website, so if someone is disgruntled, or wants to collect, or wants to pay cash, or wants to serve a county court summons, they can.

Again, I am only responding as you have offered yourself as a resolution for consumers who have been let down by FP, but the reality is that you are operating in the same manner. I appreciate you have a very good reputation, but so did they.

regarding your insurance, maybe they have had the same difficulty with addresses as the customers of FP have had

Off my soap box, and if you have any lipo's that fit the M03 chassis I need some.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default address and lipos

Well, the ST17 address isn't valid anymore, I had moved to Bridgtown in Cannock in December, but due to circumstances, I'm closing the bricks and mortar shop at the end of May and just working from home.

MO3 Chassis, excuse my thickness, is that the Mission 3 or another car?

I have accounts with CML, Much-More, Demon, Schumacher, Mirage and Trakpower, so just have a look to see what they do, and let me know what you want.

Personally I've got some Venom lipos for my tc5 which aren't BRCA legal (damm!) and some Demon 5000 which are and they are both the dogs you know whats, so, let me know which car exactly, what you want to do, unless you know what you want yourself, there, as clear as mud.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

As an ex pat Pomm, and an Aussie living in America and as a race track and shop owner I feel so much for all you guys who have lost money to an overseas shark with no possibility to get it back.

Pay Pal sucks... Have never used it , will never use it and here in the USA there are as many legal issues with them as there are with doctors for mall practice.... Take and pay with CC only...

As the victim of CC fraud last year ( we had over 40K taken from accounts) there is a massive effort required to "get back on our feet" but your clients must come first.. They are your future..Without them you have no business.
It strikes me that this guy went into business, underfunded and without having any business sense at all. Just reading his reply's he is not capable of stringing two words together in a sentence..let alone dealing with a client who has an issue. The use of profanity ( swearing) does not assist in getting a situation rectified.

Anyway, after this epic read I now feel sleepy... but just thought I would say have a look at my web site... rc-international-speedways.com and if there is something I can get for you from here let me know.. we will be opening a track in Somerset in the near future and my son will be running it.

Phil

I woke up early and couldn't sleep so i read this thread from start to finish.
What a screw up..
I applaud Sarah for her position here BUT do agree that if you trade you should have your name, phone number, email and physical address on your site..
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

you want motors and lipo hell i could get you them also why dont we all join in, FP have screwed up their main priority customer satisfaction what i dont agree with in here is all the other punting for business off the negative press from FP, now if a shop owner was in here offering to provide the parts you have not received for trade or close to with the added bonus of return custom then fair enough but you are not helping out only serving your own interest by gaining a sale.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm still waiting for a reply from Schumacher and Trakpower so I can do just that. If they can't help out then I'm more than happy to help out Borut and anyone else who's been screwed by you know who, but I don't think they want to get involved in this kind of thing, and I really don't blame them.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Have you guys received a full refund yet ?

or heaven forbid post arrived with your order inside

whats the update, just so you know this has made an appearance on the uk forum racechat as well now so this guy is probably going to be out of luck real soon.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Me personally nothing yet . Still waiting the chargeback from my credit card.
The joker havent respond to the emails of paypal and my credit card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.