Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Do we have a release date and/or price on the Photon? Are we able to pre-order?
Sold out on the first batch. Check to see if your hobby shop has ordered any, or you can also check some online retailers. I know a couple that have not sold out yet that have some coming in from our first batch.

Originally Posted by wyd
I like to give props to TopRacingUSA for getting my order out so fast. I placed an order after talking to Mike at Top USA. Even though he was super busy I Paypaled the money and he got my part sent out and had it in 2 days. Excellent service.

Thanks again
Brian
Thanks Brian, Mike is awesome at that.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Sold out on the first batch. Check to see if your hobby shop has ordered any, or you can also check some online retailers. I know a couple that have not sold out yet that have some coming in from our first batch.

Thanks Brian, Mike is awesome at that.

Just called AMainHobbies.com and they have some still available in their order. They said that they ordered 10 and have 3 pre-orders. Dont quote me on exact numbers. Tentative date that they will get them is July 1.

Chi
Old 06-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

St. Amant - Why is it I have my head down working for a few days and I come on here to your comments?? Jees.... Do I have to come up to MSI and smack you around??...lol.. Knowing you as I do, I will explain it so you can understand...lol..

At the Reedy Race, a lot of the Invite drivers didn't make it so they combined Modified and Invitational. Everyone ran 4 rounds of qualification (qual points) to set the order for Sunday - If you were fast enough, the top 21 drivers moved onto the Invitational class. I was 6th, Kevin Jelich was 10th and Scott Kimbrough was 12th. All of the drivers with the Photon were fast enough to make the Invitational field. Dave Erlich with his E4 had some troubles in the qualifiers and ended up missing the Invitational cut by qualifying 22nd. This put him TQ in the Mod class. EJ Evans was the only driver with the Photon in the 13.5 and RCGT classes (both of which he TQ'd and won). Yes, Dave won the Open Mod class but EJ actually ran faster laps and runs in 13.5 than Dave did in Open Mod.... I'll give you that though a "W" is a "W"....
Old 06-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Craig - Usually front arm sweep will increase steering responce getting the car into the corner better - Sometimes it will make the car "twitchy" or hard to drive on the straights if you have too much. Usually though, once the car has set into the corner, I think it actually makes the car understeer a little more than straight pins. I've never been a big fan of this so I usually run only a small amount where EJ runs more than I do (always) but complains at times about his car going straight...lol...
Old 06-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Josh, you have a PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Initiate

same
Old 06-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Craig - Usually front arm sweep will increase steering responce getting the car into the corner better - Sometimes it will make the car "twitchy" or hard to drive on the straights if you have too much. Usually though, once the car has set into the corner, I think it actually makes the car understeer a little more than straight pins. I've never been a big fan of this so I usually run only a small amount where EJ runs more than I do (always) but complains at times about his car going straight...lol...
Now you tell me!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Sorry for the delay...here is my setup from the Reedy Race. If anyone has any questions or need clarification, let me know.
how are you measuring droop? am i reading the pdf correctly, you have 5.5mm of droop in the front and 0.5mm in the rear?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
how are you measuring droop? am i reading the pdf correctly, you have 5.5mm of droop in the front and 0.5mm in the rear?
I believe they are measuring at the outside of the a-arm. And on the rear the Hub hangs below the arm so they measure to that.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hanulec
Dustin is correct, there is a piece that hangs below the arms connecting the rear hubs.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Excellent info. Nice to read your experiance on this.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Am I missing something? I don't see a section for caster or C-hub selection on the setup sheet?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Am I missing something? I don't see a section for caster or C-hub selection on the setup sheet?
I would imagine thats because there is only one caster option as of right now. 4deg.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

St. Amant - Why is it I have my head down working for a few days and I come on here to your comments?? Jees.... Do I have to come up to MSI and smack you around??...lol.. Knowing you as I do, I will explain it so you can understand...lol..

At the Reedy Race, a lot of the Invite drivers didn't make it so they combined Modified and Invitational. Everyone ran 4 rounds of qualification (qual points) to set the order for Sunday - If you were fast enough, the top 21 drivers moved onto the Invitational class. I was 6th, Kevin Jelich was 10th and Scott Kimbrough was 12th. All of the drivers with the Photon were fast enough to make the Invitational field. Dave Erlich with his E4 had some troubles in the qualifiers and ended up missing the Invitational cut by qualifying 22nd. This put him TQ in the Mod class. EJ Evans was the only driver with the Photon in the 13.5 and RCGT classes (both of which he TQ'd and won). Yes, Dave won the Open Mod class but EJ actually ran faster laps and runs in 13.5 than Dave did in Open Mod.... I'll give you that though a "W" is a "W"....
Yep a "W" is a "W" but as 21 drivers were in an other final and the 13,5T driver is faster. What is a "W" than!!

My car was very nerves last race. I drive TOP Scythe full optioned.
Hat the front to blocks 1 and 0. think that i will put the 1,5 and 0 back.
After a few laps my rear tires got more grip and than it was better but not as good as it was before with the 1,5 and the 0. I got more steering but this was to much.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks for the great info Josh. I have always wondered about front arm sweep - 0.5 deg sweep seemed to be the standard setup with the TRF415, and the 416 came with that as the kit setup but I never liked it when I tried it.

I'll keep an open mind with the new car though, obviously it works

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.