2002 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2002 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 11:48 PM
R/C Tech Founder

JitsuGuy: Thanks, help spread the word around the net, R/C Tech is the place to be.

FoamDonuts: Cyrul is runnng Switchblades in 10th and 12th scale pan classes, and a TC3 in the sedan classes.

No confirmation on what Joel is running in TC, but I'd have to side with mr. losi, it's probably a XXX-S. Losi's entire team is there: Kinwald, Francis, Lemieux, Hodge and so forth, all backed by Trinity as well.

Also, Lemieux is running oval for the first time. Word is he's already looking as fast as anybody in 6-cell mod. The top guys are turning sub-4-second laps; I am not sure what it is exactly, so I will try to find out the track length.

Anyway, it's 3 AM right now in Orlando and the on-road track is open for practice. That will switch to controlled on-road at 6 AM and then over to oval practice at 2 PM. There is an oval race tomorrow at 7 PM and then it's Oval practice until the following morning, when qualifying begins.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

24HOURS OF TRACK TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GAWD I gotta go to that next year. I have always dreamed of a track that is open like that. sweeeeeeeet. this sound like a dumb question but who looks fast????
IKE
Old 02-07-2002, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys. Greetings from Malta.

Sounds like a great race meeting. Wish I was there, but I'll settle for second best and read all about it on rctech.

Oval at 4 seconds a lap! Sounds like a pretty short track. We run Pro 10 (Pan cars) on the oval frequently - top lap times in the 9s so our track must ba about twice the size.

Kepp it rolling.

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:19 AM
R/C Tech Founder

If anybody who is reading this is at the track (or near the track), see if you can track down Mike Boylan, the race director. Let him know that I found a way to print Autoscore qualifying results to a file, and to check his email. This should let us get complete results online, rather than just the Top 10.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2002, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Shane, I will pass on the word. I have hijacked Mike's computer so I have a better, albeit a slow connection.

Here is the skinny.

Joel is running a xxx-s and Trinity pan cars.

Lemieux actually asked me questions about his oval car setup, good thing he is already fast.

6-cell mod pan cars (Nascar bodies) is unreal! Guys are turning right around 4 second lap times on roughly 189 run out for track length.

Ok, pack to the racing. The mod sedan was a good battle between Joel and David for TQ but David took it. A lot of the cars ran into trouble breaking during the qualifiers. Most notables were Paul, Billy to name a few.

In the main David took the win with Kinwald second, Mike Dumas 3rd, Andrew Gray 4th, Joel, Teemu, Michael Lafuso, Paul Wynn, Jarred Scott, Jon Orr..

Jucka took the B with Walter Henderson and Michael Bruce and Dave Vera. Martin Hudy (Owner of Hudy) placed 5th and Josh Utley the last car to start.

In 1/12th mod Spashett narrowly defeated Blackstock by .08 seconds. A lot of people dumped with about 15-20 seconds to go. Cyrul looked dominat early on but faded at the end because of too much laughter between him and Blackstock.

Looking through the pits at the big boys the battery of choice is the Panasonic Stock Metals.

Josh is still running the TC3, was that mentioned already?

There is so much more but I need to get some sleep. If you want to know something in particular post it and I will look into it. I will post when I can if Mike lets me.

Night or should I say morning.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 02-07-2002, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

kraig....great job.....keep us informed.....paul running oval....that should be a kick......tell him to get his shit together and quit hitting things........
Old 02-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
I think I saw a TC3 in Cyrul's pit-

Everyone is here- all the guys listed above and more- Matt Francis, Paul L, Billy Easton, Daryl Silva, no Kinwald or Baker or Tosolini yet.

The track is saaaweeeet!! It looks like the race broadcast on the Family Walkie Talkies is goons be a great idea.

All of the mafufacturers are here also. Haven't seen Ernie, but Mike Reedy is here. Although, I haven't seen any Novak people either.

We'll try to keep the updates coming.
Jason good luck man, same to the IceMan. Let us know how your doing.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Bigdog and Ice, Goodluck and a update and some picts would be great. I really wnt to see thos bodies you painted.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

good luck to BigDog and ICEMAN. I wish I could have come too...but college is apparently more important than racing
Old 02-07-2002, 10:36 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Kraig: Thanks for the update. Sounds like quite a "club race" they had!
Old 02-07-2002, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

UT OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I was right...... the Magic man has come to play. I guess we will see when it comes down to it.
Great Reporting btw!!
IKE
Old 02-07-2002, 06:22 PM
R/C Tech Founder

More updates, these ones coming from Jason, a.k.a. BigDogRacing.

- Tosolini seems really fast, coming off his big win at the TC Champs
- Also in Pro Mod, Joel Johnson, David Spashett and Mike Blackstock are all right on top
- In 12th mod: Spashett, Johnson, Cyrul, Blackstock, Kinwald are all right there.
- In oval: Cyrul and Johnson are dominating (surprise!) and Silva is right there too
- Teemu Leino was fast in practice, but couldn't put it together in the club race
- Matt Francis is a really nice guy
- Billy Easton was wicked fast but couldn't seem to finish without breaking
- The XXX-S is dominating, but the TC3s and MR4TCs seem just as fast -- there is just an abundance of Losi cars out there
- The races have been running on time and very efficiently
- Race director Mike Boylan is doing an excellent job
- The family radio broadcasts are a little fuzzy, but have been one of the coolest things about the race so far
- Pro Mod practice is standing room only!
- Jason says, the track has come around so fast that it chewed up a set of Pit 20s in less than ten runs!
- Weather is beautiful, but there was a little rain...

That's all for now. Keep in mind I am just paraphrasing what I heard from Jason. And I have pictures! Will work on getting them posted ASAP.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:45 PM
R/C Tech Founder

UPDATE: I have the actual coverage pages up online, with a few pictures in from the early days. Should have more pictures sometime between tonight and tomorrow morning.

Here's the link:
http://www.rctech.net/events/snowbirds2002/index.shtml
Old 02-07-2002, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

futureal... Thanks so much man! This is too awesome!

Jits
Old 02-07-2002, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Great work shane.....kraig...how is it going????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.