Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superturtle808
We dont race carpet here on maui. We dont race rubber tires either. My question is is the only difference between say 13.5 rubber and foam just the tires or does the car have to be setup differently? I am thinking if it is the same maybe I could enter the foam classes and just change the tires. I am entered in the rubber 17.5 and 13.5 becouse they are the largest classes. I am bringing 2 more oblivious to indoor carpet racers from maui with me and we all race the losi type r. Is there any losi team/racer that could help us in vegas?

aloha
garett

If you go to your car manufacturers website, they should have a "rubber tire on carpet" set-up for it. If for nothing else, it should give you a good starting point for your set-up.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Although I have entered many National and International races over the years (over 30 years!) I still remember my first National race. I was worried about making an idiot of myself, and slightly intimidated by the occasion...

...until someone said to me "when you're on the drivers stand, look at the track as if it was your local Club, and drive like everyone else in your race is a local driver." Made a world of difference! Here's my top five 'things to do wrong' at your first big race

1. Assume you know what to do to get from your pit to the drivers stand! You probably don't - watch heats before yours so you know where tech is, when to tech, where to get your Tx (if there's an impound), where the start line is and what the start sounds are.
2. Forget what you do at the Club to change your set-up! Don't get overwhelmed by the race, remember to think a bit about what your car is doing, and what you want it to do. At big races, be brave, and go ask the fast boys how to change your car.
3. Go slow because you're afraid to make a mistake. Go fast, and make sure you learn from every mistake.
4. Forget to tech your car before racing starts! The best way to screw your mind, and your meeting, is to get failed in tech because you didn't know the Rules. Take your car to tech before the first race, and make sure you pass.
5. Ignore the announcements from race control! Listen carefully, and if in doubt, ask.

Oh, and Rule 6 is, when you've had a good time, find the organiser, shake their hand and say thank you.

I'm coming 6000 miles to my first US race, and I reckon it will, in some way, feel just like my first National all those years ago. I'll be taking my own advice if, in the thrill of it all, I can remember it!!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

I am bringing 2 more oblivious to indoor carpet racers from maui with me and we all race the losi type r. Is there any losi team/racer that could help us in vegas?

aloha
garett
Hey Garett,

We got 2 O'ahu drivers going too Frank and I are running pan car classes though, 1/12th and WGT.

Burt
Old 08-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wcalaker
Thanks for all the support and info. I have decided to attend and will be entering online shortly.

How is it for spectators? my brother and his kids will be coming in from California and im sure they would want to see some racing....spectators get in for free or is there some charge?

How about personal videotaping? is there an area designated for people wanting to record the races ?

thanks again.
No charge for spectators!!! Lots of seating. As far as taping lots of space all around the track.

Glad you are going to join us. It is one of the best races in the world!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

"Good Decision", welcome to the IIC! You'll have a great time, even if you just watch the pro's running, nevermind all the stuff you can potentially learn from the big dawgs!. Just watch out for the tech official, he's kind of a goon, little short guy.......
Old 08-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

We dont race carpet here on maui. We dont race rubber tires either. My question is is the only difference between say 13.5 rubber and foam just the tires or does the car have to be setup differently? I am thinking if it is the same maybe I could enter the foam classes and just change the tires. I am entered in the rubber 17.5 and 13.5 becouse they are the largest classes. I am bringing 2 more oblivious to indoor carpet racers from maui with me and we all race the losi type r. Is there any losi team/racer that could help us in vegas?

aloha
garett
Yeti is a Losi Type R diehard. Just PM him for some setup ideas. Sorry that you will have to deal with his humor.

Bill
Old 08-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Yeti is a Losi Type R diehard. Just PM him for some setup ideas. Sorry that you will have to deal with his humor.

Bill
Nothing wrong with my humor there old man. I run the Type R for sure, but by no means am an expert with it. I got a lot of my help from former team drivers Haynes, Schreffler and Fairtrace.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Nothing wrong with my humor there old man. I run the Type R for sure, but by no means am an expert with it. I got a lot of my help from former team drivers Haynes, Schreffler and Fairtrace.
Key word..."former"...

Oops! That applies to my Corally Phi too...Dang!!! (Beatin' Yeti to the punch)
Old 08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Anyone have an idea of how many inches of pit space we'll see? 24" seems to be what I remember hearing but I couldn't find anything online
Old 08-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

You get half a table! Last time I went to IIC, they had more tables then were necessary, so everyone had plenty of room.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

How big is a table? lol
Old 08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

they were at least 6 foot tables
Old 08-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

29 days o crap
Old 08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by theisgroup
they were at least 6 foot tables
Believe that we had half of a 6 foot long table that was 24 inches deep.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...896&fullsize=1
A picture's worth 1,000 words . . .

Looks like 24" x 36".

Thanks for the help y'all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.