Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ack... I've already paid the one-day deposit on my room booking. If someone else is in the same position and tries to change to a different rate, let me know if there's a way to not lose the deposit.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks, Scotty. I was only repeating what I was told.. Will booking at the lower rate hurt negotiations? If you are informed that you still need to book everyone at the higher rate, is that easy to change (I imagine that they would gladly take the extra cash)? I would hate to see a great race like the IIC have a major set-back.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

The shape LV is in currently I think they would be happy to have rooms just filled. They are hurting down there and have been for awhile. There are a couple of major construction sites that are closed due to no money to continue with them. Some of those are ones you may have seen when you were there last year. A friend of mine that lives there says there have been many layoffs for all the properties. It is hurtin everywhere.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hi Everyone,

I am glad you guys have started talking about this. When I set my contract last year with the hotel, the rate we got was the best they could offer us. As some people have suggested over the years, We don't have any extra juice added to the rate so we make money on the bookings. This is Vegas. A small time show like ours is just lucky we even get into these places.

The way this process works is that I am required to guarantee that we (our group) will fill X amount of hotel rooms nights during our stay. If we fall short of this amount of room nights we fill, I am on the hook for the money we were short. So you can do some quick math that if we are short by 100 rooms times our rate it is a devastating blow.
Times and the economy has only gotten worse since our contract signing last September and even Vegas is hurting for visitors.

That being said, I have been in negotiations for the past couple of weeks to get our rates reduced from what our contract states. This process continues and will still take some time.

So at this time, if you find a better rate, Book it, I want everyone to save as much as they can. What I will require you to do so I can go to the management of the hotel to try and get credit for your booking is, we will need all your booking info.

Site you booked it at
Name your booking is listed under
Confirmation or Reservation number.
Dates of your booking Check in and Check out.
and Price you paid per night.

I am hoping the hotel will give us credit for the rooms that everyone books outside our booking code.

Something to remember, the discounted rooms you get will most likely not be in the new renovated area of the hotel. but I know to most guys that does not matter

For those guys who have bookings already, please email me the info at
[email protected]

Thanks guys, this is going to be the best IIC yet.

Scotty
Scotty-

I honestly think this is the best possible answer you could have given. Great job as usual for helping to keep things in perspective. I am even more pumped for this race!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i just checked the thread but couldn't find any information --- are light weight bodies allowed win the touring car classes? (i hope not -- just like last year) i need to get some bodies painted for the race and i want to make sure i do the right thing. thanks.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Ack... I've already paid the one-day deposit on my room booking. If someone else is in the same position and tries to change to a different rate, let me know if there's a way to not lose the deposit.
Adam,

Generally with hotels as long as you cancel before their 48 hour window of arrival you can get your deposit back. It may be worth a call to see.

EA
Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
I will have a couple more big announcements after the Reedy Race regarding the IIC. All I can say is I would plan on being in town on Monday night Sept 7th!

If you guys have anymore questions, please let us know.

Thanks
Scotty
Scotty - The Reedy Race is over, what's the big announcements!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

With your news on bookings, I will now be booking a couple more days at the Riviera...I might even get room service! Thanks. Bill
Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
With your news on bookings, I will now be booking a couple more days at the Riviera...I might even get room service! Thanks. Bill
Sweet, give me your full name so I can add my room service to your bill too!!
Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

As someone that lives in Vegas. We are hurting. BADLY. we have 1 project where the building is 95% complete and they shut down construction because investments are all gone.

I have only been racing onroad 1 month, and i cant wait for this race. Just wish there was a close indoor carpet track to get some practice on. We only have pavement tracks, and i am sure they handle completely different.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

scotty, i agree with art. kudos to you for not saying "nope you have to get screwed.

big ed. don't worry, bud light sales will soar in sept.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Scotty, can we get a player's club card or something to prove to the hotel that you brought us there, and that we're spending piles of money in their establishment?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

mmmm if you can book it through other companies then that makes the trip very tempting for me, only $845 for flights and hotel....

somebody stop me clicking lol

luke
Old 05-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bump - seems to have been missed in the room-rate debate...

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Scotty, I've just read the latest World GT Rules, and the dimensions for the rear of the bodywork have changed. It used to be that the rear cutline was 38mm from the top of the trunk lid, now it is 40mm from the ground. Can you confirm that the latest Rules will be used? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

HI Everyone,

Thanks for the supporting comments on the room situation. I have received many emails already for guys that have booked their rooms so make sure you send me all that info.

LUKE HOBSON: Come on over. It would be great if you could make the trip. And honestly for that amount for overseas flight and hotel. that is a great deal.

SYNDROME: My hope is that when everyone gives me all the booking info, that will give me the data I need to show them we have filled our rooms.

SLOWERONE: I am going to check my rule sheet and I will verify your question.

ALDENTE: Thanks for the support.

BIGEDMOND: We look forward to having you be part of the IIC. I can guarantee you will have a great time, make new friends and learn a ton of stuff from the event.

STILLBILL: You are the man. Thanks,

HANULEC: Lightweight bodies are LEGAL, Just as they were last year. BUT!!!
Ultra thin bodies are not. Protoform Lightweight bodies as they are sold are OK to use.

ARTWORK: Thank you also for your support. We will have a great time.

TIMMY70: All is well and no problem. Thanks

ADAMAGE: Please give them a call and I think they will credit you back since it is this far away.

KN7671: Yes the RR is over but I still tying up a few last things on my announcement. But I hope you will think it will be worth it.

Thanks again for all the positive support that you guys are giving on the event. For once the internet is working for all the positives, not just the guys who want to &%*@h and Complain about things.

All of us on the IIC Team will do all we can to ensure that you have the absolute best time at an event that you possible could.

REMEMBER ENTRIES GO ONLINE LIVE NEXT SUNDAY AT 8PM EASTER
WE WILL DO JUST AS PAST YEARS.
PAYPAL
CREDIT CARD
OR MAIL AND UNLIKE OTHER EVENTS IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAIL YOUR ENTRY IN, YOU CANNOT LOOSE YOUR SPOT TO ONLINE ENTRIES. I RESERVE SPACE FOR MAILED ENTRIES IN ALL CLASSES. BUT YOU WILL NEED TO MAIL THEM IN ASAP.

All the class info is listed at www.iic09.com

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks
Scotty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.