Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fake ProMatch Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fake ProMatch Numbers

This just show u how easily ProMatch can print fake labels. What Promatch did in the past now comes back and haunt them, I bought a few packs from them in the past and none of them are true numbers. Go ahead and buy some packs from them, get someone to run it on a TurboMat4 and you will see. Their 406s 1.175 are at best 402s 1.165V. Sure you can put their pack on a discharge board, kill some runtime and get 370 runtime with 1.175V but that's not the same as 406s 1.175. They do have a money back guarantee and I did send the packs back for a refund.Link to ProMatch Site
Old 11-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why don't you try to adding the text that goes with it to put things into context. Here is the link to the page:

Pro-match makes a point about inflated battery numbers

They way you presented this gives a very negative connotation of what Promatch is doing. I'm sorry that you feel that way about your batteries but they did honor the money back gaurantee right?

Perhaps you just didn't give them a chance. The packs I used at the Reedy Race this year had lower numbers than the ones that you stated and believe me, I am no motor guru. Why was my car so fast then?
Old 11-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Ricky, it seems you may have mis-understood why Promatch did the labels that way. They put those numbers on there not because they can, but because everyone can. It wasn't put online to dis-credit themselves, that would be a foolish thing to do to themselves. They are stating that we can easily be fooled by false labels. But it's the person with the will to know if those numbers are real, they will test the cells themselves. Doing so, they will find that Promatch batteries will have the same results as printed on the labels.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Aaahhh-the power of the Internet. An open forum to blast a company because you can!!!

Promatch has always stood behind its cells. I have had a single cell go bad in a pack before-sent it in and voila-got a NEW pack with even better numbers!!

They stood behind you and you blast them anyways!! Jeeez!!
Also-on matching numbers of the Zapper-do you know that ambient temperature has a HUGE influence on numbers? Also-a poor solder job too?
Old 11-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good points, Ray, & I'd also add that there's no guarantee Ricky's TurboMatcher is calibrated the same as ProMatch's(if Ricky's has even been calibrated since it was purchased). Measuring devices DO drift in their readings from time to time, & if you want them to read consistently, you MUST have them recalibrated on a regular basis(we have to do this at work for all of the DOZENS of our multimeters). That's why it's easy to see such a big difference in numbers from one matcher to another(as I said, in addition to the stuff you mentioned, Ray). Ricky, did you even try the packs in your car? As with motors, that's always the TRUE test of a pack, not what numbers it produces on a TurboMatcher....
Old 11-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Grizzbob,

true-I have two TM4's for evaluation purposes (I sell raw GP cells in bulk) and they read different from each other. I move the same 8 cells between holders and get different numbers..

They NEED to be calibrated and software updated bad!!! And I need to learn how to set them in each holder so they get a better contact. Theres a trick to it and I dont know it.

But I dont match or Zap anything-I just have them incase I need to test somethng for a customer.

Ray
Old 11-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Geezz..... Pro Match has one of the best reputations in the matching biz. I have found their batts to always be close to their printed numbers. There are so many variables in matching that its hard for any of us to reproduce how any matcher gets his numbers. I ask you to do this same test (with all the variables the same as the Pro match test) with a few other brands of batts and report what you find. In fact you should have done this before you bash.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've used Promatch batteries for about 4 years now. I've also bought other brands as well. I've always had good results from Promatch. Can't say that about some of the others.

RickyIS300: What results have you gotten from other brands?
Old 11-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I stand behind the promatch cells i run, the voltage has increaed and air has dropped since running them for a couple of weeks. These and SMC are the only cells I will run.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I just recently purchased some pro-match cells and cycled them on my turbo 35. The labels were extremely accurate. Can't complain about the cells at all.

Later,
Old 11-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have bought many pro-match packs over the past few years and have been extremly pleased with them. Every pack I have purchased has gone straight from the box, or bag in their case, to the turbo35 for cycling. Out all the manufactures I have purchased batts from Pro-Match is the only one to have always tested accuratly and is still the only one with a satisfaction garuntee. If they were fraudulent as you claim I don't think they could aford to honor that garuntee.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

RickyIS300-I have to seriously CALL YOU OUT on this post.
What you are doing here is VERY UNCOOL.
Do you understand how matchers can read totally different?
Do you understand that it could be a variety of things.
Temperature,calibration of machine,power source running the unit,contact of the cell and MANY MORE.
Here's the sad thing.Once he has the cells done one of the WORST things you can do is run them through a matcher AGAIN.It's very hard on the cell and can actually hurt the cell.
Alot of matchers are telling you NOT to cycle the pack once built to.You just assemble,charger,peak and run it.
But Jeff Roe stands up to his deal on his 100% money back deal and then you come on here and BLAST HIM.You got some nerve man thats all I gotta say.I look back at EVERY POST here and everyone respects his cells and have for sometime.
Instead of calling him a liar or coming on here and bashing him.Do what a guy did like 4 yrs ago and call him out.Take a trip to his matching site and watch it happen.A guy that blasted him about 4 yrs ago did this and guess what?HE WAS MAJORLY WRONG.He then sent his machine in and it was WAYYYYYYYYYY off and jeff even told him the temperature his matching room was.Once this was copied the pack was sooo close to the lable's it was scary.
So Im not sure about your experience or knowledge of HOW MANY factor's go into matching but blasting a guy after he refunds you is pretty sad.Now to come on here and respectfully ASK If anyone though his #'s were inflated and ask for comments is DIFFERENT.What you did is what we in the industry call UNCALLED FOR.Maybe next time you post it will be with a lil more respect.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

People this "RickyIS300" person is a trouble maker. He wants to see these types of threads stay on top. I suggest that he be ignored as we have done in the past.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Here's the sad thing.Once he has the cells done one of the WORST things you can do is run them through a matcher AGAIN.It's very hard on the cell and can actually hurt the cell.
Tex....I would agree this guy is just being stupid.....but what you said here has to be the most misinformed or misguided post I have seen. This just makes no sense to me. Look at this if you are racing say a mod sedan on foam tires on carpet and you use a pack that is matched at 400 seconds just say that pack should last 6 plus minutes at a 30 amp constant discharge. Now I know that I can dump a pack of 400 cells in a 5 minute mod sedan race with out any problem. So you mean that I cant even run my packs because the load that I put on them will hurt them? I don't see how running them again on a matcher will hurt them that's a bunch of BS....if that's the case I would need new cells every time I race my car. I think the main thing is that someone who tries to match a pack or cells after they get them from a matcher have WAY too many variables that they can not control like the matcher does.....so they get them and run them through a matcher and are like these are JUNK when in fact us the racer will have a hard matching the exact process that the matcher uses to get his results. Im not starting a war or anything but think about what you are saying and what we as racers put our cells through when we race certain classes......in some classes the matcher at 30 Amps is a cake walk compared to what we do to them.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I guess you dont understand the process of cells compared to actually racing them.Even oval isnt a constant 30 amp discharge.Sometimes it's ALOT more,sometimes it's less.Almost every matcher will tell you the same thing.Dont cycle them even on a charger but to run them.Running them through the same process has NO benefit to you the racer nor the cells.
Thats what I was stating.I am an ex battery matcher and know what a matcher can do to cells.lol.Expecially the blue panasonic's.
Goodluck racing guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.