probs w/ HI-Tec steering servos...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

probs w/ HI-Tec steering servos...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

I use 945MG's, 225MG's and an 81MG, all have worked flawless which seems weird considering everyone told me Hitec servos really suck I think spending 20-50 percent more on a comparable product sucks

Anyone know where I can get more Hitec Racing stickers for my cars ??
Old 11-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Of the 3 hitec servos I've owned in the last year, not one of them could find the same center twice. If they are working for you then kudos. This is the first time I've heard anything positive anywhere about Hitec servos.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

I have been running Hitec stuff for 6 years and it has all been great. I have broken a few servos but they were promtly repaired. I currently have 15 cars, 1 boat, and two planes. Almost all have Hitec servos of different quality, most use Hitec rx's, and a few have Hitec ESC's. The only major problem I have had with a Hitec product is with my 3D, I had to send it in for repairs after a few weeks of using it but I was one of the first to have one in the US and the problems was resolved. It has worked flawless ever since, something like 3 or 4 years.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Of the 3 hitec servos I've owned in the last year, not one of them could find the same center twice. If they are working for you then kudos. This is the first time I've heard anything positive anywhere about Hitec servos.

you havent heard much if you havent heard anything positive about hitech sevos before.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The centering issue is one that's been aroudn with Hitec servos for quite a while.

I'm sure that it's something that Hitec has been adressing, but I can't speak for the state of their current servos. Chrysler earned a reputation for making cars with HORRIBLE build quality and no re-sale value.

Chrysler, through evolving design and innovative new products is starting to slowly emerge from that perception.

I'm sure it will be the same with Hitec. Even if product quality has improved, the perception that they don't center well is still there and it will take time to shake that perception.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Yes, the centering issue has been around for a while. If it's been fixed then GREAT! I'd be happy to try another one.

I've had good experiences with their receivers...the 03mm works awesome!

Blake
Old 11-13-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
The centering issue is one that's been aroudn with Hitec servos for quite a while.

I'm sure that it's something that Hitec has been adressing, but I can't speak for the state of their current servos. Chrysler earned a reputation for making cars with HORRIBLE build quality and no re-sale value.

Chrysler, through evolving design and innovative new products is starting to slowly emerge from that perception.

I'm sure it will be the same with Hitec. Even if product quality has improved, the perception that they don't center well is still there and it will take time to shake that perception.
my hitech servo sentors perfect every time.
i wouldnt change it for the world.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The main cause of your problems can't be helped.... HITEC IS CRAP! stay away from any of the Junk they sell, period!!! it may work very well for 3-6 months, but sooner or later they will crap out on you, and when they do they usually take lots'O parts with them.... I have been using the same 2 FUTABA servos for 3 years now and have had absolutely ZERO problems, and they have been installed in countless cars!!!! infact I haven't used any other servos in anything including T-maxxes, E-maxxes, an 1/8th buggy, 6 touring cars, 2 pancars, and 3 off-road buggies..... Other than my 1/12th, but I can'r use a standard size servo in there...LOL

AGIAN let me rephrase my previous statement....HITEC IS CRAP!!!!

and yes I have owned hitec servos.... and experienced their "top of the line" radio first hand!!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
The main cause of your problems can't be helped.... HITEC IS CRAP! stay away from any of the Junk they sell, period!!! it may work very well for 3-6 months, but sooner or later they will crap out on you, and when they do they usually take lots'O parts with them.... I have been using the same 2 FUTABA servos for 3 years now and have had absolutely ZERO problems, and they have been installed in countless cars!!!! infact I haven't used any other servos in anything including T-maxxes, E-maxxes, an 1/8th buggy, 6 touring cars, 2 pancars, and 3 off-road buggies..... Other than my 1/12th, but I can'r use a standard size servo in there...LOL

AGIAN let me rephrase my previous statement....HITEC IS CRAP!!!!

and yes I have owned hitec servos.... and experienced their "top of the line" radio first hand!!!!
lol.
iam sorry but i totally disagree.
i have my hitech sevos going for about 3-4 years.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

is it true that hitec servos are problem prone? i just ordered a 645MG and it will arrive in a week. i plan to use this as steering servo for my savage. should i sell this brand new servo and get a futaba instead? ive always used futabas and this will be my first hitec servo. the main reasons i got the 645 is because of its hi torque rating and cheap price.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by marvi
is it true that hitec servos are problem prone? i just ordered a 645MG and it will arrive in a week. i plan to use this as steering servo for my savage. should i sell this brand new servo and get a futaba instead? ive always used futabas and this will be my first hitec servo. the main reasons i got the 645 is because of its hi torque rating and cheap price.

use it.
i bet it is good.
better then you think
Old 11-13-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

has anyone ever sent warranty items to Hitec? What was the final result? I'm sending mine in today...
Old 11-13-2003, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default probs w/ HI-Tec steering servos...

Guys;

The Hitec #600 series servos are notorious for being troublesome. I've had several that didn't last 6 months before having problems. (I avoid the #600 series now)

If it is still under warranty, send it in for repair. If not buy something different to replace it.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Hitec=Cheap

When you buy cheap, you buy twice.

I got 2 945MG servo's for steering and never again. Granted the numbers looked good, but they never centered right. If I threw these servo's in a helicoptor, they would simply burn themselves out trying to get to center. Just my rant, sorry. If you want a good servo for steering, stick with the Futuba digitals or the Airtronic servo's.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Poor Hitec

I Guess it would take a few big wins by a top name shoe with one of thier servos to quell the slams against it's name

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.