Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Xtreme custom chassis (TC3, Xray, Tamiya) >

Xtreme custom chassis (TC3, Xray, Tamiya)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xtreme custom chassis (TC3, Xray, Tamiya)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Xtreme custom chassis (TC3, Xray, Tamiya)

These chassis' can be seen at www.xtremercracing.com

These are cut by the same person who cuts all chassis's for Bolink/Racetech and are first quality. I only have first hand experience with the TC3 chassis but have seen all of them cut.

Here's the kicker, these chassis' are cut in RED, BLUE, or Silver carbon fiber.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Awesome products. Nothing on Xray yet.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

RCinfinity- His Xray car is finished, he shipped 30 kits to Stormer Hobbies today by next day air, I saw the car yesterday, looks awesome.

Here is a pic of my TC3 with the red chassis and silver braces. I also anodized my standoffs red. He sells the kits direct however they can be purchased through hobby shops who would like to carry the product. Street price is around $179 for the complete kit.
Attached Thumbnails Xtreme custom chassis (TC3, Xray, Tamiya)-im000212.jpg  
Old 11-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Just post or email me if you have any questions about the TC3 or any other car. If I don't know I will call Bruce and get an answer for you.

So far this car has been to 3 different tracks with 3 track records. 2 asphalt tracks and one carpet track. The car is weight balanced really well. I can set my ride height the same on all corners, and the tweak is already near perfect. The batts sit farther inward to help acheive this. The car can be ran with the nitro suspension although mine is shown with the electric suspension. However the nitro suspension would have to be shortened to 190mm, but it's an option.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Brandon, thanks for posting some information on the TC3 chassis. I wish that Chris had done better Sunday with his chassis but I know this will be fixed by next time you both go out.

As for the X-ray chassis, I will hopefully be posting some pics on my website this weekend of them. I am waiting on more color carbon fiber to come in before I can start selling them.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Brandon! What's up! Didn't know you were on here too! Your car was hooked last time out at the "Wood". Can't wait to see it again this weekend. One question though, which Tamiya kit will get the chassis? 414 or Evo3? My guess is Evo3. Just wondering. Anyways, catch ya Saturday...

Jimmy Mac
Old 11-04-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

how do you adonize your stuff
Old 11-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Jimmy- Not sure of the model, but I know it's the latest car Tamiya has come out with, hope that helps. The car I will have this weekend will be faster, trust me. Weisner was closer to my time than I would like, lol. Hopefully Brad will be there to do motors this week, I have to install a whole new bearing kit before practice, because Shane is bringing them with him to the track, time will be short.

Doughnut- A racing buddy of mine does it for me, all I know is it involves some kind of solution at hot temperatures, sorry, I don't think he wants the secret out I guess. He can probably do anything you want for a small fee. He can do orange, green, red and blue.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

XTREME- Yeah, Chris's car is better now, I got it straightened out before the main, but he had some traffic issues that pulled the body off the post and he had to "pit". I think he was dissapointed to say the least that he didn't have a better day.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default cool

thats really cool and nice and all, but d don't got that kind of money even at 180! how drastic is the preformance difference between it on a tc3 and the FT chassis, with the batts moved in and a center brace?
Old 11-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

tc3rookie- the car is awesome. I have run best laps of 2 tenths faster everywhere i have been. Getting the tweak to match with even ride height on all four corners is a snap. Most cars have to vary the droop or ride height a little to get the tweak perfect. Besides the consistency, it turns alot of heads in the pits. People just want to pick it up and look at it, lol. Kilruf (posted above) was at the aspalt track where I ran the car outdoors for the FIRST time and ran a 17 sec lap that had never been done by anyone before at the same track. Here it is with a new screw kit.
Attached Thumbnails Xtreme custom chassis (TC3, Xray, Tamiya)-top-view.jpg