Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
American drivers use pistol grip radios, European/Asian drivers use stick radios >

American drivers use pistol grip radios, European/Asian drivers use stick radios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American drivers use pistol grip radios, European/Asian drivers use stick radios

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

i'm from an asian country and almost 99% of the racers here in my country uses pistol grip radios.
and american used english system and its really hard to find allen screw drivers, can losi and associated changed their screws to metric when importing their cars?
Old 11-06-2003, 02:45 AM
O
Tech Initiate

Most uk drivers use sticks,but you see more and more going to wheels.you can get better quality wheels cheaper than sticks because they are mass produced .
Its not that hard to change from one to the other,I used sticks for years but have used a wheel for about 7 months .i found i was back on pace within about a month (the secret is to get rid of your old radio so there is no temptation to pick it up when things arent going well)
I have found i get less problems with interference due to the aerial being at a better angle
Old 11-06-2003, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

I too changed from sticks to a wheel. I was living in Australia when my Vatage II packed up and nowhere in Australia sold a 40Mhz stick transmitter so I got a Mars.

Took it to a track for a practice day and after about 6 packs it felt really comfortable. At my first race meeting with the Mars I beat my personal best so the change-over was pretty easy.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

<----------UK stick user, Hitec Flash 4 Pro Car. Mid range 40mhz radio, the KO's sure are nice. They have a Mr T Gold pimping one as well for sticks, guy who i race with and usually share a car with has one. Ive seen a few people with wheels before, but they couldnt keep up. I have pretty large hands and think that a wheel would cramp me up too much, have to see if i can drive someones with one to get an idea.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

im quite sure majority of the asian drivers uses pistol grip radio
Old 11-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Initiate

the Spashetts use KO Vantage, the ultimate precision sensitive transmitter control
Old 11-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dandyspashett
the Spashetts use KO Vantage, the ultimate precision sensitive transmitter control

er have you tried the futaba 3pk?that is the most precicion sensitive transmitter.
put it this way.
my punch was +10 on my KO mars-r and its still less sensitive then my 3pk on 0!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Im a stick user... Sanwa Super Exces (what Michael Salven of team serpent uses)... the population of stick users here in manila is around 10% only... i came from pistol and i find it difficult using it in hour long mains (1/10 nitro)... so i tried using sticks... i find it more sensitive since it would only take small movements of my thumb to move the car compared to the twisting of the wrist for steering... most of my colleages ask if its difficult using it but i find it easy to use with practice... also majority of the stick users here came from heli so its stick for them in cars...
Old 11-07-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Rookie

i think most of the guys who still use stick have been playin' RC for say 15+ or more years. they're used to it and never change to pistol grip controller. it's not really a geographical thing. i may be wrong